Author Topic: snosuit vs ice armor?  (Read 3676 times)

Offline peterpike

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • "you got one pole and one life, use it"
snosuit vs ice armor?
« on: Nov 23, 2009, 08:22 PM »
this year i want to buy a new suit and i tried both on but liked the snosuit better then the armor. does anyone have the snosuit? and how do u like it? just dont know if i can get myself to spend 600 on a full suit compared to 300 

Offline jimmygunns

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Add more bacon, son!
Re: snosuit vs ice armor?
« Reply #1 on: Nov 23, 2009, 08:28 PM »
It is way more expensive, but once my Ice Armor wears out, I do believe I will be dumping the money into a Snow!  They are way better made.  I do like the fact that I can purchase the jacket & bibs at different times.  This way when either one starts to go, I don't need to replace the whole sha-bang. 

Offline hardH2Onut

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Perchville
« Reply #2 on: Nov 23, 2009, 08:36 PM »
I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE my snosuit.  I had an ice armor and just sold it on craigslist.  If you fish when its not that cold you will get warm, but for me when its COLD out - I get cold and this suit has helped tremendously.  I don't have to wear 4  layers of clothing like I did with the other suit so I feel less confined.  It is made extremely well and has additional features compared to the latter.  Ya it was hard to palate the $$$ but it should last forever. Also,  I have never had that big of an issue spending money on QAULITY products.

Good Luck
"HAVE ICE?? WILL TRAVEL!!"

Offline 1buckeye

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Nov 23, 2009, 09:55 PM »
I just bought the Snosuit online at Crosslake sales for around $250. It is last years model but you can't beat the price. I have'nt used it yet but it is VERY nice!

Offline shawno

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Team Saskatchewan
« Reply #4 on: Nov 23, 2009, 10:22 PM »
I purchased a SnoSuit last season and it is awesome.  I tend to get cold when I am outside, so this suit is perfect for me.  They are very well made suits.  As mentioned, Bibs and jackets can be purchased separately if you want.  As far as price goes, yes, they are a little more expensive, but you do get what you pay for in this suit. I am 5'10" and weigh about 190lbs...I purchased the XL suit and find it fits me well.  I'm sure lots of people will try and persuade you to purchase the IDI suit or the Clam suits...I tried on all three before deciding on the SnoSuit.  IMO this was the best of the three.

Another bonus with the suit is it more than warm enough to go snowmobiling in or spend extended time outdoors in and it is fashionable enough to wear out in public. ( not brilliant red or blinding blue )

Good luck with your decision,

shawno  8)

Offline SNAGGER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • JUST TRYING TO KEEP FISH ON MY SCREEN!
« Reply #5 on: Nov 24, 2009, 01:30 AM »
  What's the Snosuit? where can I look at it?
ONEIDA LAKE NORTHSHORE DIEHARD'S

Offline Bill Collector Bob

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • The ice doesn't melt, it cries!
« Reply #6 on: Nov 24, 2009, 08:51 AM »

-Bob

Offline SNAGGER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • JUST TRYING TO KEEP FISH ON MY SCREEN!
« Reply #7 on: Nov 24, 2009, 12:00 PM »
   WOW, THAT'S SWEET!!!!!  Is it made of the same material that keeps you a float!   I wonder what the difference in weight and durability is between this and the Mustange Suit!   THANKS!!!!!!!     This is one piece right!
ONEIDA LAKE NORTHSHORE DIEHARD'S

Offline peterpike

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • "you got one pole and one life, use it"
« Reply #8 on: Nov 24, 2009, 12:03 PM »
shawno thats the reason i just might buy it because just bought a snowmobile this year and figured it would work both ways

Offline shawno

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Team Saskatchewan
« Reply #9 on: Nov 24, 2009, 12:32 PM »
shawno thats the reason i just might buy it because just bought a snowmobile this year and figured it would work both ways

You bet!!  That is one of the main reasons I bought it too.  I live in Saskatchewan and it gets very cold here sometimes...when I am out in these types of conditions...I have yet to be cold in this suit.

Offline shawno

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Team Saskatchewan
« Reply #10 on: Nov 24, 2009, 12:44 PM »
  WOW, THAT'S SWEET!!!!!  Is it made of the same material that keeps you a float!   I wonder what the difference in weight and durability is between this and the Mustange Suit!   THANKS!!!!!!!     This is one piece right!

Hey Snagger...I could be wrong ( I haven't had the pleasure of falling through.....yet ) but it doesn't float.  It is however waterproof/windproof.  Last season, you had the option to purchase a one piece or two piece suit...their website doesn't really say if that is an option or not this year.  Maybe email them to find out for sure.

Also, check out the website if you haven't already...their dealer locations are on the website.  There may be somewhere close to you where you can try one one.

http://www.snosuit.com/products/

Offline bret

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • approaching "Grumpy Old Man" age
« Reply #11 on: Nov 27, 2009, 07:00 PM »
I bought the snosuit january 08 and it's awesome!  Go to the website and check them out.  I'm in northern Indiana and when we finally get ice I fish basically dawn to dusk.  I fish outside my fish trap 90% of the time and never get cold. Wind is not an issue with the nylon shell.  No more wet knees either.  On the slightly warmer days I have the front zipper half way down and the arm pit vents open.  On the really cold windy days I will wear under armor under my pants and sweatshirt.  I have the black jacket/bibs and I wear the jacket casually when its cold.  I was wearing the whitetail extreme bibs/parka from cabelas before the snosuit and have never tried the artic armor or other suits.  The only thing i've  noticed is the suit is a bit heavy but I'm sure that's why it's so warm!

Now I will be ordering their new chopper mitts to keep my hands warm.
Never Judge A Day By The Weather.
YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCloEWXfcjMRYo9J6qOLtggQ

Offline Blaine

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Dec 01, 2009, 03:59 PM »
Ive used both Ice Armor suits and loved them. I definitely got what I paid for from them. I used them in all kinds of weather and had zero complaints. That being said, I decided to try the SnoSuit this year. I haven't been able to use it yet but in trying it on, I was surprised at how short the jacket was. I'm not sure I could wear it while fishing without the bibs, it just doesn't feel right...  With any luck, I'll be able to report on how I like it in a couple of weeks  ;) On a side note, I also picked up a set of their gloves. Would you believe the thump actually has a fabric made for wiping your nose with ? :o ;D I can't tell you how many times I've wiped my nose with a frozen snot soaked cheese grater of a glove. I can't wait to give it a spin.

Oh yeah, if anyone is in the market for a suit, you may want to act on it quick. I know that when we place our order for the shop here we got some of the last suits available... They look to be a hot commodity this winter

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.