Author Topic: COLD !!!  (Read 1467 times)

Offline jss111678

• Team IceShanty Maniac
COLD !!!
« on: Nov 18, 2009, 07:03 AM »
this morning is freezing in somers, hope we get this weather for the next few weeks to lock things up. :)

Offline JLH

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: COLD !!!
« Reply #1 on: Nov 18, 2009, 01:31 PM »
10 Day forecast isn’t looking very good for making ice.  Hard to find anywhere in the state where it is going to dip below freezing for the next 10 days…  May have to start thinking about heading north to find ice! 

Offline natep24

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Nov 18, 2009, 01:39 PM »
no cold weather here in northern Vermont either......it gets below freezing at night but warms up to the mid to upper 40's during the day...... :'(
Nate P
Firefighter/EMT

Offline Curley

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #3 on: Nov 18, 2009, 05:09 PM »
Fished 2 ponds in Ct. last Sunday. Creseant lake  in Southington and Black Pond in Middlefield. Both were 48 to 49 degrees on the fish finder. I was kayaking in waders and a tee shirt.
As a side note. Creseant Lake was hit with a weed killer by the town. Someone messed up big time. The weed beds and grass flats are all gone. There is some green scum at the ramp by the outflow and the water color is chartruse, but some clarity. Did manage one small perch on a shiner but with all the structure gone other than the brush piles put in by the old gate keeper,theres no structure to target.Real bummer as this place was a jewel of a small pond. Bass, Pickeral, crappie, and jumbo perch.

Offline Oldfart

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Cant feel what fingers? You still got fingers?
« Reply #4 on: Nov 18, 2009, 08:41 PM »
I'm still fishing trout on a fly rod from a canoe. I don't think I'll see ice till after new years.........
I wish I was in heaven sittin down..........on a 5 gallon pail!

Offline Blaine

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Nov 19, 2009, 03:23 PM »
The long range forecast for the NW hills is starting to look promisintg after Thanksgiving  ;D

Offline Curley

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #6 on: Nov 19, 2009, 06:16 PM »
Just in time for deer season. ;D  Lets hope it holds up.

Offline chadroc

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Nov 19, 2009, 08:57 PM »
keep on salmon fishing until the ice locks up.  anyone west of the river have any good luck?  size?  i've done fairly well in the shetucket with nice fish to 28" but no monsters.  see?  i'm getting kinda restless.  reverse cabin fever in late fall.  need some ice. 
if the trout are lost, smash the state.

Offline JLH

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Nov 19, 2009, 10:23 PM »
The long range forecast for the NW hills is starting to look promisintg after Thanksgiving  ;D

I saw that too really hoping it drops down into the 20's at night as predicted  :)  Hoping some of the bigger lakes will be locked up by mid Dec.

Offline Oldfart

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Nov 20, 2009, 04:31 PM »
keep on salmon fishing until the ice locks up.  anyone west of the river have any good luck?  size?  i've done fairly well in the shetucket with nice fish to 28" but no monsters.  see?  i'm getting kinda restless.  reverse cabin fever in late fall.  need some ice. 
I've gone to 26", but on a fly rod it feels like a bluefish! Didn't you post a pic or two on the other thread? I can't find them now.  ??? ??? ???

Offline Oldfart

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Nov 21, 2009, 06:28 PM »
My fish came out of lakes where its legal right now. Not rivers......Ahem...... ..... ??? You can't take one from the rivers till Dec. 1st...... ??? Hmmmm......

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.