Author Topic: Where to get rid of old auger gas  (Read 2824 times)

Offline WANNAKETCHUM

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Where da fish at???
Re: Where to get rid of old auger gas
« Reply #30 on: Nov 06, 2009, 01:53 AM »
I dump mine into the tank of my Ferguson tractor. I usually top my tractor tank off before I start using it in the spring so that miniscule amt. of oil from one gallon or less I have left over is micenuts....WK
Give your son a fish, and he will eat for a day.....teach your son to fish and eventually he'll end up kicking your @ss every time you fish together!!!

Offline blackbeast

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #31 on: Nov 06, 2009, 03:39 AM »
If you figure that your auger mix is 24:1 and you have 1 gallon that you would mix with 15 gallons in your vehicle that would be about 350 parts of fuel to one part of oil. So with that thouhgt in mind your vehicle is going to be just fine no matter if it is 30 years old or 3 days old, there is more oil picked up from the tanker coming from the refinery. And that is why you have a filter on your vehicle. I personally just run it in my truck. That's just my two sh inners worth though.
thats the biggest smelt i've ever seen 

Offline Rip N Lips

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #32 on: Nov 06, 2009, 06:34 AM »
2 stroke oil keeps gas from tarnishing. Better than gas treatment that last for 6 months at most. 2stroke oil keeps gas is good for a year or more. It will not hurt you car/truck engine. Its extra lube for the engine is all. Rip N Lips

Offline jascpa099

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • You don't win friends with salad.
« Reply #33 on: Nov 06, 2009, 06:36 AM »
If it's no more than a gallon, I'll just dump it on the ground behind the shed. After all, that's where it came from.

Not Cool    :nono: :cookoo:
God is great; beer is good, and people are crazy!

Offline dcso3009

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #34 on: Nov 06, 2009, 06:46 AM »
I have added it to my vehicles in the past with no issues.  In fact my old car ran the best it ever did with some old gas that was mixed 32-1 and had some lead additive in it.  Most times it is less than 1/2 gallon in a full tank.  The olds took 10 gallons all at once.  I have done this on my 93 Oldsmobile, 06 Tundra and 05 Durrango.  No issues with these, but I'm not saying it could not cause problems in your vehicle.

Offline mealworm

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • summer sucks
« Reply #35 on: Nov 06, 2009, 07:01 PM »

No, I wouldn't do that, especially if there are any wells around.  There's a lot more chemicals in gasoline than when it came out of the ground. 

oh you mean your not supposed to dump that stuff on the ground, but what about all the motor oil i''v been dumping on the ground, no wonder all the frogs in my pond have 5 legs and 2 heads  ;D

Offline Nor Easter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Just an old coot takin a Li'l Crappie on the ice
« Reply #36 on: Nov 06, 2009, 07:33 PM »
the the frogs in my pond have 5 legs and 2 heads

The good thing about some amphibians (salamanders and such) and more specifically, LOBSTER!!!

I know they aren`t related,, but a lobster will regrow a claw that it loses at next molt. It takes a few more molts to bring the claw back to it`s former glory, but it`s like `Chicken of the sea`...

Not necessarily just for breakfast...  ;)
Caveat Emptor et cum grano salis
I enjoy helping people out,,, which way did you come in?

Offline Doubles Shooter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #37 on: Nov 07, 2009, 06:40 AM »
When I talked to the folks at Opti-2, they said I could burn the mix in any car without a problem. I usually mix just a gallon at a time to use it in 3 different chain saws, a weed eater, and my Jiffy 30.there isn't much chance for it to get stale. I have run it in my car successfully.

Offline lake snake

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #38 on: Nov 07, 2009, 12:54 PM »
 Dump it on a Packers hat, and light it on fire. ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.