Author Topic: What lakes are plowed in the winter?  (Read 1378 times)

Offline warren77

• Team IceShanty Addict
What lakes are plowed in the winter?
« on: Oct 25, 2009, 02:19 PM »
Can someone please help me out since i have no snowmobile?
Not working for 2.5 years because of a bad back is taking it's effect on my bank roll...but hey,my fishing skills are much better :}

Offline ShawnR

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: What lakes are plowed in the winter?
« Reply #1 on: Oct 26, 2009, 02:38 PM »
I don't think there is ever a guarantee that any lake is plowed.  Usually an area of Deschambault is somewhat plowed.  I think an area of Tobin is sometimes plowed.  Anywhere else usually depends on whether there was someone nice enough and willing to take the time to plow it.

Offline warren77

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Oct 27, 2009, 12:54 PM »
Thats pretty much what i thought too...Tobin wasn't plowed last year.
Not working for 2.5 years because of a bad back is taking it's effect on my bank roll...but hey,my fishing skills are much better :}

Offline engineman

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Keep your worm wigglin!!
« Reply #3 on: Nov 02, 2009, 03:25 PM »
Sometimes the North end of Blackstrap is plowed.

Offline Big Burk

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • wishin I was fishin
« Reply #4 on: Nov 04, 2009, 09:27 AM »
I will be plowing echo this year but need a transmission for my 94 f150 first so if someone has one laying around or can find one let me know or else I have to use my 06 f150 and make new brackets for my plow to fit

Offline Pants

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Take a kid fishing and share our sport!
« Reply #5 on: Nov 10, 2009, 08:35 AM »
There are often lake accesses plowed on Last Mountain Lake at Regina Beach, Wee Too and Alice.  Don't know if you want to fish the Dead Sea or not, but it too has it's days.
Teach your children, but never be afraid to let them teach you

Offline eyefriendly

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • They're down there somewhere!
« Reply #6 on: Nov 10, 2009, 09:09 AM »
 There is usually a guy that plows at Island View too.
Golf is for people that don't know how to fish.

Offline ashcol

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Nov 13, 2009, 11:36 PM »
Can someone please help me out since i have no snowmobile?
If you have a four wheel Drive, you can get out on the lake at Deschambault most of the time , last year it wasnt till late in the season till I had any trouble. If you are serious about fishing Deschambault ,I know a guy that give tours and also has great lodging and he also lives and breathe the lake as he lives there and IM him.!!!!!

Offline ashcol

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Nov 15, 2009, 09:49 PM »
Re; Deschambault.
Since you've made the invitation twice, how about if I figure out where this lake is and then join you for some hard water action? I am new to the province and don't know the "where to" part but have many many years experience with fishing and boating and have accumulated a lot of gear. A group, if other members care to take you up on your generous offer.

Dave.
Dave,Deschambault Lake is north of Smeaton on the Hanson Lake highway #106 appox.200 KM, there are alot of good places to fish on the lake and if you feel like getting out on the adventrous side you can skidoo to some other great fishing lakes near by.  As of today there was very little ice on the lake but if it stays calm and cool it will continue to make good ice. In the last few years around Christmas and just after has been good. keep in touch or send message to own account.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.