The ice fishing WY board is sponsored by:

Author Topic: Ice Fishing for Beginners Lecture Dec. 3 in Rock Springs  (Read 1220 times)

Offline WYIfish

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice fishing a sport, or just reason to buy stuff?
Dear those who stand on ice and fish;

I have offered free lectures for years on the subject of rock collecting at the the White Mountain Library in Rock Springs.

On December 3rd, a Thursday at 7 PM, I have the Grace Gasson Room reserved. I have sent off an email to WY game and fish to see if they would like to speak briefly, about ling in the gorge, and I hope to have some information on the 2010 Burbot Bash, .........anyone know the date yet, let me know it and info. and I will promote it at the Dec. lecture.

Also, any thoughts from the pro's of large mac-dom are welcomed.   We normally issue a press release before the event and I have filled the room with over a hundred rock hounds on occasion so maybe we can entice some new ling and rainbow fishermen to walk on the ice.
Any door prizes anyone would like to offer in exchange for name dropping at the lecture is ok with the library.

Very best of luck in the new season to come,
Dave F.   WYIfish
Rock Springs, WY :tipup:
Thread killer

Offline LT

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • "Need larger flamethrower, you will...!"
Re: Ice Fishing for Beginners Lecture Dec. 3 in Rock Springs
« Reply #1 on: Oct 05, 2009, 06:53 PM »
Good luck with getting more ling-fishermen onto the Gorge ice. Don    LT Iceshanty Moderator  ;D

Offline 327trout

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Oct 14, 2009, 08:54 AM »
This summer my sister moved to Green River, so I will hit the gorge this winter for the first time.

Offline POk3s

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gettin' JGGY with it!
« Reply #3 on: Oct 14, 2009, 03:03 PM »
I don't know of any reason why that wouldn't work. I'm gonna try to make a few night trips this year and try to do my part on them frickin' things. I've seen ice fishing on the gorge (and any fishing in general) go quickly down hill the last few years. Been hearing of people slaughtering them in town (GR) on the river also....gonna try and do my part to keep these things under control. I may just stop by your seminar to see what it's all about.
Trent Williams
When hell freezes over, I’ll ice fish there too!

Offline WYIfish

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice fishing a sport, or just reason to buy stuff?
« Reply #4 on: Oct 20, 2009, 11:23 AM »
,,,,,,,,,, I may just stop by your seminar to see what it's all about.
The seminar is for NEW ice fishermen, that is part of the conditions noted by the sponsors of the door prizes, the aim is to promote new fishermen to the sport, we may have a separate lecture on seasoned ice fishing, fishing for ling and large lakers later on if SOMEONE  would like to offer their time, but for the time being, I am gathering all the door prizes and putting on the event and the sponsors are all requesting new customers attend in exchange for door prizes.
If ANYONE would like to offer a lecture on more advanced ice fishing, I am sure the Sweetwater County Library System would enjoy your energy and ideas.
Sorry, but there are a number of new folks in the community who want beginners information, not what most of all the list members here already know. This is a very basic level ice fishing lecture.   The library system, the sponsors, and myself do not need this to turn into an "I caught this' or "we know this" event.    I think anyone who already ice fishes would be bored and disappointed in the content of the show.   Just beginners please, sorry.
Thread killer

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.