Author Topic: Well???  (Read 2421 times)

Trooper Bri

Well???
« on: Sep 28, 2009, 06:07 PM »
Where is everyone?

Trees are turning, frost is around the corner, and we may be 2 months away from the 1'st Wood Creek report if the weather stays below normal for the rest of the year too!

No other new ice toys yet, and I still haven't gone fishing since my earlier skunkfests. Life is good otherwise. It's awesome being back to work. Doing something new and challenging that I enjoy is the icing on the cake.

Still have the Eskimo Quickfish 3 shanty on my list. But since everyone makes the hub style ones now, I may see what Outfitters plans on stocking. I also wanted to replace all my tipups with beefier ones, but will probably just replace 2 or 3 for now.
My Frabill Recon one man shanty is still for sale. 100 bucks. The ad with pics is in the classified section. I hardly used it!

Somebody go ding-dong-ditch SeaDog's house, or slap an IceShanty sticker on his mailbox. Time to wake up our Goldie/Koki ninja.

Offline Curley

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
Re: Well???
« Reply #1 on: Sep 28, 2009, 07:41 PM »
Glad you like your new job. We still havee the fall run and tauging to do yet. I am jonesing for Ice. Hooking up with my brother and finding out what he brought for the stove. Ad generally socializing with people I havent seen since last Ice.

Offline hawk01

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Sep 29, 2009, 12:57 PM »
Also wondering why so quiet. New traps, sled and cleats!!! Ready to go

Offline northwestslayer

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • gone and fishin
« Reply #3 on: Sep 29, 2009, 09:48 PM »
Went fishing yesterday with the sea dog! Had a hard time in the wind gust on the res. Oh don't you guys worry I'm gearing up hard core for the winter. Jet sleds with quad atta. Arctic warriors. . Ice bibs. New tip-ups. The whole gammit. Auger rack, five gallon bucket holders and fleece quad handlebar covers. I'm itching. The sea dog is antsy as well. And with me getting the quad expect to see him out alot more..... Nice too see neew post. Bri congrats on the new job. Too everyone else lets get it going.... I will also alert the sea dog of the post.

Offline spanky1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Sep 29, 2009, 09:49 PM »
Tog season opens Thurs and the albies are driving me nuts.  :o

I've got some fish to catch before ice...but I am going shopping for a new bait tank soon!!!!!
Don't give up, don't EVER give up - Jimmy V

Offline northwestslayer

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • gone and fishin
« Reply #5 on: Sep 29, 2009, 09:52 PM »
After the bass and pike you got last year I would be too spanks. Good luck until the ice!!!

Offline metalfish

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Sep 30, 2009, 09:39 PM »
I cant wait till the first ice myself. Ice Fishing Get Together First Ice At Woodcreek?
Bunch of us just meeting up and fishing. Just an idea no hijacking of posts here. :tipup:
Congrats on the new job Brian. ;D

Trooper Bri

« Reply #7 on: Oct 06, 2009, 08:56 PM »
Wow. I dug up a whole bunch of the crew. Even the Dog!

Snow already Jon?!? Oh man. I'll be happy with the 1'st frost. Leaves are turning slowly. They need a booster shot. Looking forward to the 1'st reports from you, Jack, E, and whoever.

Offline Blaine

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Oct 07, 2009, 04:57 PM »
If you really have to scratch that itch, you're welcome to stop by the shop and sit in a shanty or two... We have 2 on the floor and more on the way. I got my fix today by ordering Clam, Frabill, Jack Traps and HT for the shop. We should be set up here in the shop by November 13th.
The new shop is 3 times the size of the old one, and we will be LOADED with gear this season... Bigger and better tournament this year too. Might even have our new windows in by the time the snow flies  ::)

BRING IT ON!!!!

Trooper Bri

« Reply #9 on: Oct 07, 2009, 08:53 PM »
What are you doing with the hub style shacks Blaine? I have my heart set on an Eskimo Quickfish 3 due to the headroom (if you can order it), but might be turned towards the Frabill equivalent perhaps. Don't think I want a Clam. There's enough blue going on already with all the Ice Armor.

Still no windows? That sucks.
I'll probably be in the area Saturday morning, and will stop in for a visit.

Offline Blaine

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Oct 08, 2009, 06:06 AM »
The windows are being made now Bri... It takes about 3 weeks to make and one to install. Basically the whole front of the store will have to be replaced but it will look awesome!

I've ordered a few of the Frabill's hub styles. I'm buying a 6 man for myself. Mine will be in next week, you're more than welcome to swing by and check it out for yourself. I wasn't planning on stocking the Clam or Eskimo but I can easily get one in...

Offline spanky1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Oct 08, 2009, 07:25 AM »
Insurance companies are a pleasure to deal with aren't they Blaine.  ::)
Glad to hear the windows are finally getting done. I'll try to stop up some time in the next couple of weeks.
Don't give up, don't EVER give up - Jimmy V

Trooper Bri

« Reply #12 on: Oct 08, 2009, 06:41 PM »
This weekend is the last I'll probably be able to stop by for the next 4 or 5 weekends. I'm going to be helping Kapt with some work at his family's house up on Okemo starting next weekend.

If I can't get there before you put in an order from the vendor that carries the Quickfish 3, I'll probably just have you order it.

Offline Blaine

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Oct 09, 2009, 05:54 AM »
I've been meaning to call Ron... I want his help in making a rack for all the augers that will stand in the windo in front of the shop... Put a bug in his ear the next time you see him.

Trooper Bri

« Reply #14 on: Oct 09, 2009, 08:02 PM »
I may see him this weekend.
I reminded him twice about Gary's bathroom mod at the shop, but I guess it toppled off his full plate. Do you know if Gary still needs that project done?

Thanks for the offer Jon. Hopefully I get the chance to get up there one of these seasons.

Offline Blaine

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15 on: Oct 10, 2009, 05:38 AM »
Gary started it on his own... It's gonna take forever because he's doing it in his spare time so, if Ron can jump in and help that would be great

Offline miket.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • ICE IS NICE
« Reply #16 on: Nov 13, 2009, 01:25 PM »
hello bri, still lurking, my computer is down right now so i am on the librarys
hard core fanatic  Http:
http://timeanddate.com/s/1a9j

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.