Author Topic: Equipment  (Read 686 times)

Offline BASSRI

• Team IceShanty Addict
Equipment
« on: Sep 11, 2009, 07:42 PM »
As you can see by my "logo," I bought one of those 4 person Eastman Ice Cubes, new in the box, on e-bay for a wopping $58.00!  What a deal.  No more getting chased by the wind!  Had it set up on the back deck...  wife thought I was nuts.  She's right.  I'm planning on buying a few more heritage lakers this year, but that's about it. 

Anyone have any new equipment or creations for this season?  I CAN'T WAIT FOR ICE!!!

Offline holehopper

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Me and Dave Genz
Re: Equipment
« Reply #1 on: Sep 11, 2009, 07:57 PM »
Bass

You'll really like that cube.  I have one and also have a 2 man Eskimo for when I go out alone (easier to heat).  The best thing that cube offers is the carry bag.  Eskimo uses a bag that is open at one end.  Getting the shelter back in the bag can be a pain.  The cube uses a bag that unzips down the whole length of the bag.  That is a much better set up.  The other thing that cube has is pre-attached anchor straps on each side.  With the Eskimo (and most other brands) you have to tie on a rope and then tie that to your ice anchor.  I'm not thrilled with the fabric quality of the cube, but for $58, you will love it.
Never Stop Never Stopping

Offline woodfolks

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Sep 11, 2009, 08:30 PM »
I have an Ice cube and an Eskimo QF2
I started with the cube The only thing I didnt like
was if you move a lot its a pain. Thats why I got the QF2
i love it. But if you have three of you in the cube is great
You could put 4 but 3 is about it
If you stay in one spot the cube is better to be in
I would cut a pice of astroterf carpet for a floor
leave two foot short of the back wall for holes,when the heat is on
it can get slick with out the carpet

You cant beat the price of the cube

Offline BASSRI

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Oct 06, 2009, 06:15 PM »
WOW...  Comeonnow gave me two Heritage Lakers for my birthday this past weekend.  What a gift!  They will  be put to good use, by the two of us of course!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.