Author Topic: Davidson Lake?  (Read 5966 times)

Offline HighlandGlen Guide

• Team IceShanty Addict
Davidson Lake?
« on: Apr 07, 2009, 07:13 PM »
just wondering if anyone has fished there before its in Nopoming on Manitoba Ontario border, good chance a few of us are going on saturday, or possibly George or Westhawk

Offline big-brother

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • bring on the ice!
Re: Davidson Lake?
« Reply #1 on: Apr 07, 2009, 07:54 PM »
Got my first ever hardwater Laker at Davidson a few years ago...........followed by a couple more.Trout here are almost as dark colored as those out of West Hawk.Size is nearly identical too,around the 24" range but i know that some larger lurk both these lakes.If you are going out from Winnipeg or vicinity it's a way longer drive to Davidson on a much poorer road compared to fishing the Whiteshell.

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Apr 08, 2009, 12:09 PM »
Thanks for the info, i know that road all too well, but i love fishing in Nopoming, alot less people and a lot nicer scenery

Offline big-brother

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • bring on the ice!
« Reply #3 on: Apr 08, 2009, 05:05 PM »
When i did the last Davidson trio i walked straight out from the boat launch at the Davidson Lake sign which sometimes is plowed out but no guarantees.Once past the shoreline to the West where the cottages start i was about 100 yards further out give or take.Jigs and salties deadlined produced.Others fish the East end of the lake.I haven,t and don't know exactly where you can walk out there.Sleds would work well given the current conditions.Good Luck.Hope to see a few pictures later.Myself and my motley crew will be at the Hawk this weekend.

Offline briand

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Apr 09, 2009, 01:16 PM »
For Davidson we go to the very end of the road where the ont border starts. ( there are gates there for mine access only )
From that shore right there we go out about a 50 yards to start and fish that shore.
Fishing is never really hot, but you can always scratch a few. Though there has been some much better then average days.
If you have a sled you can get into Houston lake from close to there. Lots of nice lakers but it's in Ontario

Offline Fish Camp 24-7

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Apr 09, 2009, 07:46 PM »
For Davidson we go to the very end of the road where the ont border starts. ( there are gates there for mine access only )
From that shore right there we go out about a 50 yards to start and fish that shore.
Fishing is never really hot, but you can always scratch a few. Though there has been some much better then average days.
If you have a sled you can get into Houston lake from close to there. Lots of nice lakers but it's in Ontario

What would be an average size of laker for Davidson?

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Apr 12, 2009, 07:44 AM »
Not a great day of catching... managed a small jack, which went back, had a lot of hits probably around a dozen but they werent hitting it hard, would tap once or twice then they would be gone, so sorry no pics, a couple of guys stopped in to chat on there way back from Houston lake, they did quite well in over a 100ft of water. Oh well great last day on the ice, good for a sunburn, looking forward to fishing in a boat, hopefully the ice will be off on our favorite lakes but i doubt it, will have to resort to a couple other locations.

Offline master instigator

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Apr 12, 2009, 06:25 PM »

I have to put my two cents in about this lake because I feel a great majority and I once was one pronounced this lake name incorrectly.  The lake is not spelt Houston like in the city.  It is spelt Huston.  So I call it HUSS TON.  A far majority of people call it Houston, and when I was corrected I checked the map for the spelling and started calling it Huston after that.  Went there on the weekend and spent little time there leaving with one small laker.  I also went to Wilson the next day, which is North East of Davidson and also spent an hour or so on the lake leaving home with one.  I know, "why is he getting all bent out of shape about?" :wacko: it's only a name, but that's just me. :afro:
Let's see...Ice shack, auger, snowmobile, rods, flasher, heater...My Walleye averages out to be $67.83 Per Lbs.

Offline Dawsman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Dec 08, 2020, 07:22 PM »
A few years late to the party, anyone willing to share information on where the sled trail to Huston lake is?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.