Author Topic: trying to get away with out getting in trouble  (Read 4941 times)

Offline jimmyclaude

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I Have Trouts!!!
Re: trying to get away with out getting in trouble
« Reply #30 on: Mar 02, 2009, 08:33 PM »
FORGIVENESS is defiantly easier than permission

defiantly ;D ;D ;D ;D that's funny

I hope you meant to spell it like that
Tastes like RockBass<br />                                             \"Official Horticulturalist of the NYRC\"

Offline A- bomb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • THE ORIGINAL...ORIGINAL! Go drop A Bomb on 'em
« Reply #31 on: Mar 02, 2009, 09:21 PM »
rule#1: Its always easier to beg for forgiveness than to ask for permision!

Rule 2: why have 2 little fights?? one when you ask and one when you get home (you know your going)
just save it up and have One big fight....much less stress on everyone that way!!

and if she leaves you...well its better to get it out of the way now then go thru this every year.

BTW been married 12 yrs ;D met her after a fishing trip! ;D 
Lack of planning on your part in NO way constitutes an EMERGENCY on mine

Offline prchslyr

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #32 on: Mar 03, 2009, 04:11 AM »
Your a good man dude. Noone has fun thinking they might get tore up when they get home. Worrying about what she thinks now will help you lock down fishing trips in the future. I'm 31 and filed for divorce before I was 30. And honest to god the biggest fight WAS fishing. Bad mistake from the start though. For my own sanity every girl I ever meet again will have an understanding for my passion. They don't have to like it. Just understand. Also understand I am never back when I say I am going to be. If you need me home by 5 for something tell me noon.
The angle of the dangle is directly proportionate to the heat of the beat.
http://i63.tinypic.com/ei5njr.png

Offline jimmyclaude

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I Have Trouts!!!
« Reply #33 on: Mar 03, 2009, 05:31 AM »
I agree ... respect of your partner = part of a healthy relationship. Seems younger guys that haven't had a long term relationship are
getting in line to pay tuition to the school of hard knocks.
Tastes like RockBass<br />                                             \"Official Horticulturalist of the NYRC\"

Offline FishingNewEngland

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Fishing New England
« Reply #34 on: Mar 03, 2009, 06:37 AM »
I find it's easier to ask forgiveness than permission.

Offline shantysitter

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #35 on: Mar 03, 2009, 06:52 AM »
I think Shanty sitter went fishing or maybe he is givng "HER" a foot massage. He has been pretty quiet ;)
guys thanks for the advice. I am planning on going tomorrow morning. I didn't give her a foot massage yet  but might try that tonight.I think she realizes how bad I wan't to go, and she saw me charging up the vex  so she knows something is up. 

Offline mammathoner

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #36 on: Mar 03, 2009, 07:08 AM »
Go and have a great time. When you get back tell her how much you missed her and make sweet, sweet love to her. It only takes 5 minutes and she'll be thrilled!!
"Time spent wasted is not wasted time" - Keith Richards

Offline shantysitter

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #37 on: Mar 03, 2009, 07:22 AM »
Go and have a great time. When you get back tell her how much you missed her and make sweet, sweet love to her. It only takes 5 minutes and she'll be thrilled!!
5 minutes thanks for the compliment

Offline bigbry068

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #38 on: Mar 03, 2009, 07:38 AM »
Mine bought me my gas auger 3 years ago, buys bait fir me and 140$ set of tilts this year I didnt even have to go to nieces birthday party last sunday, Either a great wife or just gettin rid of me. this @ 18years together.
youngest  G.O.D.S. member (grumpy old dudes)

Offline 800aberdean

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #39 on: Mar 03, 2009, 07:40 AM »
here's how it would go at my house (also a girlfriend): 

Honey, ..... slam, squeeling...
as the ancient chinese tale goes
easier to ask for forgiveness than for permission

Offline jkoegel

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #40 on: Mar 03, 2009, 08:38 AM »
Its tough in my house this year. We have been married for 5 years, living together for 10.
 Our daughter is almost 2 now. Fishing time has never been a problem before. I fish and Hunt, fly model airplanes and work on cars. Lots of things that get me out of the house. The wife has even gone softwater fishing with me before and enjoyed it. But now I'm getting,
 "You need to be a FAMILY MAN and spend more time here at home with me and your daughter."
**censored** am I supposed to do now? I'm only trying to run away one day a weekend. From sun-up to around 4ish.
Last weekend I got in trouble for coming home at 3:50 instead of 3:30 like she told me as I was leaving. The original plan was for 4!!!!!
I only get to fish weekends due to work mon-fri. Is one day too much to ask? I am home every night after work.
I really cant wait till Olivia (daughter) is old enough to take with me. Then the wife wont be able to say a thing about me spending time with the family.
I cant be the only guy in this situation out there.............

Offline flaggs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Old School!
« Reply #41 on: Mar 03, 2009, 09:10 AM »
Oh ya... all been through it!  After 27 years of marrage, she likes to do her thing and I like to do mine. Winter... Ice Fishing.... Summer...Ocean fishing and as a vintage VW car collector, I belong to 3 Vintage vw clubs and go to all the meets along the eastern sea board and Drag race my '67 in manasass VA. We spend a lot of time together at our camp in Maine as well. The kids are all grown up (still have an 18 year old at home still in HS). As long as I have my Fishing dates on the calendar, she's fine. I do a ton of business travel and she knows that when I get home, I am ready to chill... and the best way for me to do that is to FISH!

As long as I get my crap done around the house, she really does not care what I do!  She bought me my Arctic Armour Plus suit for Xmas which was a great thing in many ways!  She knew when we got married, that these were 2 things that were not going away! I gave up hunting after we married as she refused to have guns in the house (she an RN) so I left my guns at a buddies house for a couple years but then just dropped it. I also conceded and sold my motorcycle (again, she's an RN) that I rode cross country and all through canada. I still get my brothers Road King for a couple weeks every summer though.

The bottom line is you have to set priorities, give a little, and take a little.  Works great for me!

Flaggs!
IceShanty.Com: "The best place to go ice fishing, when you can't go ice fishing!"   A Flaggs Orginal

Offline Alpinedirtfarmer

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #42 on: Mar 03, 2009, 09:15 AM »
Its tough in my house this year. We have been married for 5 years, living together for 10.
 Our daughter is almost 2 now. Fishing time has never been a problem before. I fish and Hunt, fly model airplanes and work on cars. Lots of things that get me out of the house. The wife has even gone softwater fishing with me before and enjoyed it. But now I'm getting,
 "You need to be a FAMILY MAN and spend more time here at home with me and your daughter."
**censored** am I supposed to do now? I'm only trying to run away one day a weekend. From sun-up to around 4ish.
Last weekend I got in trouble for coming home at 3:50 instead of 3:30 like she told me as I was leaving. The original plan was for 4!!!!!
I only get to fish weekends due to work mon-fri. Is one day too much to ask? I am home every night after work.
I really cant wait till Olivia (daughter) is old enough to take with me. Then the wife wont be able to say a thing about me spending time with the family.

JKoe, that's tuff man, sounds like you are a good husband/father doing the right things.  No, one day out of the house for your own sanity is not "to much to ask".  Does she get one day out as well?  Sounds like you have a lot of interest which is cool, what does your wife like to do?  Is she trying to tell you that she wants a day to do what she likes?  My wife gets together with a group of her girlfriends one Sat night a month so that helps a lot.

Offline sperrin

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #43 on: Mar 03, 2009, 09:32 AM »
Train them early! I never stop her from doing anything she wants to do with her girl friends and in return she never stops me from going out fishing with the guys....its perfect.

If it was me i'd just go.

Offline SkeeterJeff

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • SPUD, SPUD, SPUD!!!!!
« Reply #44 on: Mar 03, 2009, 09:33 AM »
My wife loves to fish as much as I do.  However, she loves having the grandkids over every other weekend also.  So one weekend the two of us hit the ice/water and the next weekend she does her thing with the grandkids and I hit the ice/water either alone or with my buddies.  I'm a lucky guy, and no, she doesn't have any sisters.  :)

Jeff

Offline husb0023

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Punching Holes in Wisconsin Since 1986
« Reply #45 on: Mar 03, 2009, 09:36 AM »
Here's how I handle the wife when I want a long fishing trip:

1. Tell her I'm leaving to go fishing for a week.
2. Have her sister fly into town and tell my wife to spend as much as she wants shopping while I'm gone.

Positives: She never even knows I'm gone, barely even calls me for a week while I'm drinking and fishing with my buddies.
Negatives: I have to go back to work when I get home and pick up extra shifts to pay off the credit card.

Happy Wife=Happy Life

Offline jkoegel

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #46 on: Mar 03, 2009, 10:05 AM »

JKoe, that's tuff man, sounds like you are a good husband/father doing the right things.  No, one day out of the house for your own sanity is not "to much to ask".  Does she get one day out as well?  Sounds like you have a lot of interest which is cool, what does your wife like to do?  Is she trying to tell you that she wants a day to do what she likes?  My wife gets together with a group of her girlfriends one Sat night a month so that helps a lot.
Thanks man, I thought I was doing something right!  ???
She is a stay-at-home mom, president of our local chapter of "Moms Club". Its a nation wide organization for moms. They do a lot of stuff together but most of it is for the kids. Mom's night out is only once a month. I wish she had a hobby, something that would give her some "me time". Then I could trade off with her for more time out on the ice.
She just needs to understand that 1 or 2 days a month is nothing when it comes to fishing and hunting. ;D

Offline rgfixit

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #47 on: Mar 03, 2009, 01:07 PM »
The older you get and the longer you're married the easier it is.

The older you get, the more you forget...so the old..."I forgot to tell you I'm going fishing this weekend" or the even better "You forgot I was going fishing this weekend" becomes very effective.

The longer you've been married, the less likely she'll object to being without your grouchy, miserable butt sitting on the couch watching TV and mumbling to yourself about wishing you were fishing.

Take it from a guy pushing hard at 60's door and married for 38 years.

Actually, my wife has never complained about me going fishing or hunting, or shooting, or playing golf. She knows that's exactly what I'm doing.....and she likes her time alone too. I have to say though, she was never too thrilled about me leaving in my rock and ice climbing days.

RG

"Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?"

Offline sawblade

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #48 on: Mar 03, 2009, 01:28 PM »

I had the same argument 10 years a go. Our oldest was three and I wanted to go fishing with the brothers, so I took her out. She caught more fish that all of us combined. Wife was surprised that we stayed out all day. She (daughter) has been hooked since then.
You should try a couple of hours out there with her next season and see how she likes it.

Offline sparky

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rooolz!
« Reply #49 on: Mar 03, 2009, 02:23 PM »
Easiest thing to say is "Hunny do you want me out drinking and chasing woman or fishing and hunting, you choose".  Worked for me. She bought me a boat and  motor and a gun our first anniversary.  Happiest man on the earth.  Did I forget to say I'm one lucky guy to have such a good woman.

As for the watch thing get a broken one and set the time and show her what time it is when you walk in the door (your time ;)).  Only works a couple of times till she buys you a new one.
sparky

Offline slopoker

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • FISH ON!!
« Reply #50 on: Mar 03, 2009, 02:26 PM »
i think my singnature says it all!! ;D :laugh:
its easier to beg forgiveness than to ask permission... FISH ON!!!

Offline flaggs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Old School!
« Reply #51 on: Mar 03, 2009, 02:35 PM »
Boy, it's a good thing my wife has no interest in Ice fishing and More importantly reading this thread on IceShanty.com!   :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Any Wives out there want to chime in   :o :o :o  What works for you? ;D

Flaggs!
IceShanty.Com: "The best place to go ice fishing, when you can't go ice fishing!"   A Flaggs Orginal

Offline jimmyclaude

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I Have Trouts!!!
« Reply #52 on: Mar 03, 2009, 02:45 PM »
My Wife has The "doily land" meeting with my fishing buds wives.
The women all get together and call us men idiots for standing out on the ice and freezing (they Think) ;)

Offline Cool Blue

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Winter Time, Good times!!!
« Reply #53 on: Mar 03, 2009, 02:57 PM »
1st ask her if she wants to go and tell her its going to be a few days or so and offer to bring a friend of hers if she wants. When she says she dont like fishing and wants to stay home just say ok hun see you in a few days and dont leave the lights on... ;D :tipup:

Offline bigmakdaddy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #54 on: Mar 03, 2009, 04:53 PM »
I asked my wife to chime in on this and boy, did she.  (I'm lucky enough to have a wife that supports my fishing dreams!!!)  She said the answer has to be in finding a compromise.  Just like most guys said, offer to take her with and find a mall for her to shop, find a spa for her to enjoy, find some social life for the two of you to enjoy!  Turn it into a mini-vacation. 

She asked one question though, (my bad for not reading ALL of the posts to know the answer) are you leaving any kids with her?  I have four kids (all under 7 years old) and I see her point.

My wife said "If you invite her, she would have to say NO."  But she would also know what your plan is.
"Give a man a fish and he'll have a fish fry.  Teach that man to fish and you'll never see him again!"

Offline shantysitter

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #55 on: Mar 03, 2009, 05:16 PM »
I asked my wife to chime in on this and boy, did she.  (I'm lucky enough to have a wife that supports my fishing dreams!!!)  She said the answer has to be in finding a compromise.  Just like most guys said, offer to take her with and find a mall for her to shop, find a spa for her to enjoy, find some social life for the two of you to enjoy!  Turn it into a mini-vacation. 

She asked one question though, (my bad for not reading ALL of the posts to know the answer) are you leaving any kids with her?  I have four kids (all under 7 years old) and I see her point.

My wife said "If you invite her, she would have to say NO."  But she would also know what your plan is.
Bigmak she does have a  child from a previous relationship. She moved into my place last spring and we are planning on getting married in september .OH yeah I am goimg but I comprimised and am staying 3 days instead of 4

Offline bigmakdaddy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #56 on: Mar 03, 2009, 05:23 PM »
 :icefish: WIN!!!!!  As long as the wedding is still on!  :D
"Give a man a fish and he'll have a fish fry.  Teach that man to fish and you'll never see him again!"

Offline bead head

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #57 on: Mar 03, 2009, 06:45 PM »
:icefish: WIN!!!!!  As long as the wedding is still on!  :D
[/quote      when i proposed to my wife ,i told her that i liked to hunt & fish ,and if it ever came to huntin an fishin or her ,she would loose !   she said o.k. i understand . that was 23yrs.ago i knew she was a keeper .       just be honest !

Offline pa.bob

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #58 on: Mar 04, 2009, 10:23 AM »
beadhead you got the best wife ever ;) your lucky i don't try and steal her  :roflmao: she mite like a younger guy  :whistle: :whistle::roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: you do have it made :clap: :icefish: :icefish:
got ice?

Offline bead head

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #59 on: Mar 04, 2009, 12:24 PM »
beadhead you got the best wife ever ;) your lucky i don't try and steal her  :roflmao: she mite like a younger guy  :whistle: :whistle::roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: you do have it made :clap: :icefish: :icefish:
bob i"ll run that by her , i can allways find another wife but a friend with a fish trap guide & power auger : well a guy just cant find one of them anywhere. ha ha  yea your right shes a sweetheart !  i ice fish ,fly fish ;hunt turkey,groundhogs,archery,duck ,geese ect.  not much down time for me.  life is good !

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.