The ice fishing WY board is sponsored by:

Author Topic: Halfmoon lake report 2/21/09  (Read 535 times)

Offline trfishin

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fish On
Halfmoon lake report 2/21/09
« on: Feb 21, 2009, 09:47 PM »
 :) Thanks er-e-is and dorado for the replys and info to my recent halfmoon ice ???.   I took my little boy today we walked out off of the boat ramp about 50 yards and fished there   We caught 3 macks then moved out to some holes 4 people were fishing earlier in the morning,  then we caught 6 more macks.  We brought 2 home so he could have them cooked up for breakfast.   The biggest was my sons which was 21" the rest were smaller.   Did'nt matter to us we had great action and put some fish on the ice.   We had a lot of bites really light and missed them and lost alot of fish to.     These macks were my sons first and he had a great time the fishing was still great at 2pm but loaded up to go see my daughter for the last of the swim meet in Pinedale. 

We were the first ones in the parking area about 8 AM no one else on the lake other than an ice shack to the south end just off shore.  later 4 in one group then 2 in another group came out and fished near us but only saw one little girl with a fish on for a minute.   The ice was over a foot thick with with 6" to maybe 12" of snow and no slush where we were fishing.   We saw about 7+ snowmobiles with fishing tackle come out of the boat ramp then headed to the north way up past the lodge to fish and a few people on sleds looked like out from the lodge fishing.

We saw some people spread out around the lake on Fremont lake fishing today.   Well thanks again for the info.  that made our trip a great one with some great memories.   
Love to Fish and make Soft Plastic baits<br /><br />Just doesnt get any better than catching fish off your own panfish/ trout baits   from tubes, curly tails, and small baits catching fish of any species

Offline er-e-is

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Halfmoon lake report 2/21/09
« Reply #1 on: Feb 22, 2009, 08:57 AM »
That is great, I'm so glad your boy caught fish. He will be hooked for life now. Half Moon is a great lake to introduce someone to Ice fishing. There are tons of fish and they are always hungry. H.M. fish are great eating as well. I was one of the people on Fremont yesterday. Had 2 bites and caught 1 - 21'' fish. What a beautiful day though. WTG  :clap: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :clap:

Offline trfishin

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fish On
Re: Halfmoon lake report 2/21/09
« Reply #2 on: Feb 22, 2009, 10:46 AM »
 :)thanks again for the info.  My son is hooked on ice fishing.  :icefish:  We just got finished eating those fish he caught yesterday and they were great.   glad to hear you had some action to.  Sorry to hear about your friends snowmoblie cover that got stolen yesterday.   People say I'm nuts as everything I have is locked up like fort knox  :callcops:but nothing really makes a person mad than coming back to see your stuff has been taken.

Well it's like I always say that's just bad Karma and it will only bring bad luck to the one or ones that took it :nono:  Well thanks again and good luck fishing
Love to Fish and make Soft Plastic baits<br /><br />Just doesnt get any better than catching fish off your own panfish/ trout baits   from tubes, curly tails, and small baits catching fish of any species

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.