The ice fishing WY board is sponsored by:

Author Topic: Halfmoon ice ???  (Read 553 times)

Offline trfishin

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fish On
Halfmoon ice ???
« on: Feb 18, 2009, 09:30 PM »
Hey I was wondering if anyone could give me the latest update on Halfmoon.  I will be coming up for a swim meet for my daughter on sat. in Pinedale.  My little boy has been wanting to go to flaming gorge to catch his first mack through the ice but with all the warm weather this year jan 10 was the last time I was at the gorge and the ice was'nt great and don't want to take him anywhere that isn't safe ice.  I thought if we are in pinedale that we could make a run up to halfmoon and take him out for a little while to catch a mack or two.  Just a catch photograph and release trip then back to the swim meet.

I used to fish halfmoon when I was a kid year after year until I got out of school then things changed work family work and a little fishing.   The last time I fished halfmoon was probably 6 years ago through the ice after I dropped a fish off at Sublette Taxidermy to be mounted then drove up to the lake.   I caught a couple of small macks then had to head home.    Can anyone tell me if you can get to the boat ramp parking area with a 4 wheel drive and if it has been plowed and what the ice conditions are how much snow is on the ice and if it is slushy.  I'm just wanting to go light and walk out off of the boat ramp a little ways and for my son to catch a mack or two.    Any info would be greatly appreciated If you have any info PLEASE post it hear or send me a private message.   thank you and good luck ice fishing
Love to Fish and make Soft Plastic baits<br /><br />Just doesnt get any better than catching fish off your own panfish/ trout baits   from tubes, curly tails, and small baits catching fish of any species

Offline er-e-is

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Halfmoon ice ???
« Reply #1 on: Feb 18, 2009, 09:53 PM »
I have not been to Half Moon in a few weeks but I'm sure you can still get to the parking area at the boat ramp and possibly to the parking area past the lodge w/ 4WD. I have fished Fremont this week and the ice is hard w hard packed snow on top and I would bet H.M. is the same. Good Luck.

Offline trfishin

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fish On
« Reply #2 on: Feb 18, 2009, 10:07 PM »
 :) thanks for the info.  good luck ice fishing I sure hope to get out on the ice sat if possible  Just a little concerned about the road down into the lake if it will be possible I don't want to get stuck or have to chain up to get in or out of there thanks again
Love to Fish and make Soft Plastic baits<br /><br />Just doesnt get any better than catching fish off your own panfish/ trout baits   from tubes, curly tails, and small baits catching fish of any species

Offline Dorado

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Feb 19, 2009, 09:57 AM »
I was there last weekend, you can drive to the lodge, no problem.  The ice has evened out nicely, there is plenty of solid ice and little or no overflow to speak of...

Offline trfishin

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fish On
« Reply #4 on: Feb 19, 2009, 06:40 PM »
 :)thanks for the ice update I really appreciate the ice update.  It sure is nice to belong to a great website like the ice shanty.  Looks like I will be there on saturday for a while if everything goes right
thanks and good luck ice fishing.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.