The ice fishing WY board is sponsored by:

Author Topic: Glendo  (Read 1039 times)

Offline gloomis

• Team IceShanty Regular
Glendo
« on: Feb 17, 2009, 02:11 AM »
Does anyone know what the current ice conditions are?
Are any of the bays still iced over?
Has anyone done any good ice out at glendo if so what for?

Offline gray goose

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Glendo
« Reply #1 on: Feb 17, 2009, 06:14 AM »
fished it yesterday, the ice is good at reno. there was about 10 to 12 inches were i fished . the edge was iffy and the bite was poor, you could see them on the vex but no taker. good luck

Offline gloomis

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Feb 17, 2009, 05:47 PM »
Thanks for the info its fustrating when you can see them on the vex and not get them to bite i know exactly how you feel. Ive had the vex fl18 for a year now and i got it figured out pretty good.

Offline Moose-51

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Here kitty kitty kitty.
« Reply #3 on: Feb 19, 2009, 03:13 AM »
How is the Ice @ Glendo? Anyone plan on hitting it this weekend? (Please let us know how the ice conditions are)

I fished Reno Cove 2 weekends ago, caught one slab crappie and only had 2 other bites the whole day. Pretty slow.
"Can you smell em yet?"

Offline Keith Walters

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Feb 19, 2009, 08:02 AM »
Last Saturday, the ice was fine - about 12" - after you got on.  You will probably need a plank because the edges are bad because of the rising water level.  We had no problems and took a 4-wheeler across to the mountain.  The ice was plenty thick, but you can tell we are headed toward spring.  The auger cut through the ice easier because it wasn't as hard as a mid-winter.  Be careful as you get close to any shoreline as the ice gets thinner and softer. The bite was slow last Saturday, too.

Be careful out there and good luck.
Keith 

Offline Big Al 1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Feb 19, 2009, 12:41 PM »
I talked to a guy and he said that he fell through about two weeks ago. Be safe out everyone.

Offline augergas

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Feb 19, 2009, 01:43 PM »
The edges are shaky. Watch closely for cracks any time you get close to shore and don't go onto the ice if it's cracked parallel to shore, especially with an ATV.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.