The ice fishing WY board is sponsored by:

Author Topic: Truck and camper in the water/ Ice conditions? at Ocean Lake  (Read 4819 times)

Offline johnnyb69003

• IceShanty Rookie
As I said earlier here's the pic of the truck and camper that went through the Ice.  Did anyone go to the lake this weekend?  Was wondering with the cold snap how the ice was?  Anyone catching a lot of perch?

:tipup:
My little one sure likes to catch them!
[IMG]http://i476.photobucket.com/albums/rr130/johnnyb69003/100_1994.jpg[/img

Offline rodrunner

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Truck and camper in the water/ Ice conditions? at Ocean Lake
« Reply #1 on: Feb 15, 2009, 07:02 PM »
For cryn out loud!!!!youd think people would learn ::) I think they need to start givn out some serious fines. All these machines and vehicles going through sure aint helpn the fish any.

[img]http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee5/elkcrazedfrk/TeamWyoming1.jpg[img]

Offline johnnyb69003

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Feb 15, 2009, 07:03 PM »
The ice was very cloudy this weekend I was a little scared to have the RZR out on it.  Watched a guy put the 4wheeler through the next day.

Offline john t.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Feb 15, 2009, 07:10 PM »
I'm glad we don't get to drive on the ice here , don't have to worry about car's and trucks in the water

Offline Big Al 1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Feb 15, 2009, 08:17 PM »
When I was at boysen I though a group was going to go into the drink. They had three small campers two trucks and two four wheelers.  It was a wreck waiting to happen but it never did. Be careful on the ice all.

Offline bowhunter 1

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Feb 15, 2009, 08:35 PM »
did she go all the way to the bottom? that would be one hell of a bad loss being a ford and all.

Offline er-e-is

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Feb 15, 2009, 08:48 PM »
I would guess that its setting on bottom in the pic.

Offline johnnyb69003

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Feb 15, 2009, 08:56 PM »
It was on bottom in the picture.  The bad part was the ice was still over 12" thick all around and when they pulled it out it broke the rear axle on the truck and ripped both axles off the camper.  I felt very sorry for that guy.

Offline minnowguy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Feb 16, 2009, 12:17 AM »
Wow, thats gotta be a bad feeling going through like that. Should be a sure cure for driving vehicles on the ice.

Offline augergas

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Feb 16, 2009, 08:29 AM »
Wow, thats gotta be a bad feeling going through like that. Should be a sure cure for driving vehicles on the ice.

A 3/4 ton pickup (diesel?) and camper is a bunch of weight. I'm sure the poor guy felt like a fool. I wouldn't feel too uncomfortable driving a small pickup on good ice but a pickup and camper weighing around 15k? Yikes.

Offline chancemarquette

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Feb 16, 2009, 11:53 PM »
ya i dont believe i woulda tried that

Offline fishlord

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • worst day of fishing better than best day of work
« Reply #11 on: Feb 17, 2009, 10:32 AM »
My wife ,kids and I were on the lake all weekend through Monday noon,we had a great time.Weather was fantastic but the bite was slow.we was just off the north side of longpoint just west of the boat ramp.Ice was a little spooky to me but I think its safe enough if you use precaution.most of it was around 10 to 12".but there was some cloudy ice here and there also.in some of the holes we drilled,half the hole from the top side down was cloudy-kinda honeycomb ice and the last 4 to 5" was solid ice,but other holes was good solid ice.we ended up with 2-eyes-2 ling and 5 perch..lost a few ling early Monday right under the ice and had several minnows sucked off so I think the next time I go fishing there I will be threading  my minnows.I use to thread all the time but I think I just got lazy.
Randy

Offline teamsimper

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Feb 18, 2009, 08:35 PM »
Took the family over for the weekend also. Meet Fishlord and his family. They are great people. Ice wasn't bad at all for the weather we've had. Saturday we caught 4 walleye, 4 perch and a big crappie, plus missed a bunch of fish. Sunday was way slow with 6 bites all day, with 1 walleye and 3 perch. Monday we hit Boysen for a half day. 14 year old daughter caught a 7 lb rainbow while I was setting tipups. We ended with that fish, 1 ling, and 3 perch. In all it was one heck of a way to spend an annivesary. ;D ;D

Offline minnowguy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Feb 19, 2009, 03:56 AM »
Took the family over for the weekend also. Meet Fishlord and his family. They are great people. Ice wasn't bad at all for the weather we've had. Saturday we caught 4 walleye, 4 perch and a big crappie, plus missed a bunch of fish. Sunday was way slow with 6 bites all day, with 1 walleye and 3 perch. Monday we hit Boysen for a half day. 14 year old daughter caught a 7 lb rainbow while I was setting tipups. We ended with that fish, 1 ling, and 3 perch. In all it was one heck of a way to spend an annivesary. ;D ;D
Congrats on both.

Offline fishlord

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • worst day of fishing better than best day of work
« Reply #14 on: Feb 19, 2009, 08:26 AM »
Hey Don, It was great meeting you and your family over the weekend,it sure helped break the boardism,especially for my little one,she had alot of fun with your little one.Glad to hear you guys got into at least one of those big trout over at boysen.There a ball to catch.You guys get back this way again pm me and maybe we can meet up.
Randy

Offline wyiceman

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Flag Up!!
« Reply #15 on: Feb 19, 2009, 12:52 PM »
That must be a Fiord Truck.  Glad everyone was all right.  Any recent reports on the ice, and where's the best places on Ocean?, was thinking about heading up there this weekend.
wishin I was ice fishin

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.