Author Topic: vday pike  (Read 3376 times)

JJ

Re: vday pike
« Reply #30 on: Feb 19, 2009, 05:19 PM »
haha i love all the "know it alls" on here. yea some of them have pics with them with some nice pike but if u look at all the pike in the pic they are all the same size which is proof that that is the average size for that body of water, anybody ever hear of culling???? if u want bigger pike u have to eliminate some of the competition for forage to get bigger fish. some of u people on here are just retarded!!! THE MATH IS SIMPLE......MORE FOOD x SLIGHTLY FEWER PREDATORS = BIGGER FISH!! Dumbasses
Great first post, welcome to the shanty.

Obviously there are too many pike in there and they are stunted, good job thinning them out.

Offline Buck762

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • When hell freezes over, I'll fish there too!
« Reply #31 on: Feb 19, 2009, 05:27 PM »
Theres a 40 acre pond/lake down the road and only two people fish it. Me, and a guy who lives on the lake.  He has been practising catch and releas on that pond for 8 or so years and now all you can catch out there are thin, 20-25 inch pike.  They ate all the bluegills and bass, it sucks. 

Gotta thin out the herd every once in a while

Offline flagnut

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #32 on: Feb 21, 2009, 03:37 PM »
wow that's a great day i don't think i have ever seen that many pike  :tipup: :tipup:

Offline Canadiceking

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #33 on: Feb 21, 2009, 05:47 PM »
Great first post, welcome to the shanty.

Obviously there are too many pike in there and they are stunted, good job thinning them out.

thanx brother im new to this site and i was with bumper that day it was a mad nice day

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.