The ice fishing Michigan board sponsored by:

Sponsor this board

Author Topic: Steelhead Question  (Read 4745 times)

Offline Bucketfiller

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Steelhead Question
« Reply #30 on: Feb 15, 2009, 10:25 PM »
Yea Ben is a sales Rep for Simms.  He fishes quite a bit, i see him on the water quite a bit.  I see Bob on the water quite a bit also.  I havent seen em in there this year but they had a younger guy from GVSU workin for em last year.  I fished with him a few times last year also. 

What river you see these guys on? Just the Rogue?

Offline Mr.Vexilar

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #31 on: Feb 15, 2009, 10:26 PM »
10-4.  I dont fish too many other rivers, made it up the to PM for my first time last weekend. Going back up there next weekend for a couple days.  Other than that i fish the Rogue, Grand River, and 2 small tribs right close to home here that you couldnt pay me enough money to name them.

Offline Bucketfiller

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #32 on: Feb 15, 2009, 10:29 PM »
10-4.  I dont fish too many other rivers, made it up the to PM for my first time last weekend. Going back up there next weekend for a couple days.  Other than that i fish the Rogue, Grand River, and 2 small tribs right close to home here that you couldnt pay me enough money to name them.

I fish northern Rivers mostly. I go to the Rogue A few times a year, mostly because its close. Come on Man, what 2 small tribs? Theres not a trib in a 50 mile raduis I havent fish at some point!

Offline Mr.Vexilar

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #33 on: Feb 15, 2009, 10:33 PM »
Theres not a trib in a 50 mile raduis I havent fish at some point!
  I doubt it......  These tribs do get fished, but no ANYWHERE near where we fish it.  We walked into it one day last year in late May, stood up on a hill looked down into a dark hole behind some gravel, seen the gravel was shined up, look into the hole and there were EASILY 20 steelies holdin in this hole behind an active bed.  We couldnt make it back to the truck fast enough, caught steelies all through June last year.  Fish NEVER get pressured and are MORE than willing to eat anything you put in front of em!

Offline Bucketfiller

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #34 on: Feb 15, 2009, 10:35 PM »
  I doubt it......  These tribs do get fished, but no ANYWHERE near where we fish it.  We walked into it one day last year in late May, stood up on a hill looked down into a dark hole behind some gravel, seen the gravel was shined up, look into the hole and there were EASILY 20 steelies holdin in this hole behind an active bed.  We couldnt make it back to the truck fast enough, caught steelies all through June last year.  Fish NEVER get pressured and are MORE than willing to eat anything you put in front of em!

What man! Sand Creek? LOL

Offline Mr.Vexilar

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #35 on: Feb 15, 2009, 10:37 PM »
Sand Creek?
  Nope, not sand creek.  Although i have fished that trib before.  Dad used to fish it a LOT when he was my age.

Offline Bucketfiller

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #36 on: Feb 15, 2009, 10:39 PM »
  Nope, not sand creek.  Although i have fished that trib before.  Dad used to fish it a LOT when he was my age.

how old are ya. Sand creek used to be a good place to go, 25 years Ago...LOL. I used to catch huge browns out of CEDAR.

Offline Mr.Vexilar

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #37 on: Feb 15, 2009, 10:41 PM »
Im 19, and its past my bedtime! Gotta go set some more freeking tile tomarrow......  Have a good one, we should get together and rip some lips this spring.

Offline Bucketfiller

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #38 on: Feb 15, 2009, 10:44 PM »
Im 19, and its past my bedtime! Gotta go set some more freeking tile tomarrow......  Have a good one, we should get together and rip some lips this spring.

19!! Ha! your a youngin. Well show me where you get the steelies this spring :thumbsup: Im twice your age.

Offline Mr.Vexilar

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #39 on: Feb 15, 2009, 10:55 PM »
ya the whole Mr.Vexilar name is kind of misleading... You shoulda seen Fishhead's fave when he met me... "Y Y Y Your Mr.Vexilar??  But... Ur so young.... lol"  Sounds good bucket... We'll trade a few of those "secret spots" come this spring!! As long as we aint rakin gravel im good to go!

Offline fishybill

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • insidious
« Reply #40 on: Feb 16, 2009, 08:54 AM »
I got a tip that nobody seems to follow when fishing the Clinton

STAY OUT OF THE D**M RIVER!!!  These guys wade right down the middle of the stream casting all over the place. 

I fish smaller rivers in the northern lower and we sneak along the bank.  Only getting in the river when its absolutely necessary.
"Put duct tape on that, if it don't fix it atleast we'll know its ...... up"

Offline Mr.Vexilar

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #41 on: Feb 16, 2009, 03:08 PM »
Only getting in the river when its absolutely necessary.
  OK??? Congrats there bill.....  Only problem i can see with guys wading is if they dont know where they are wading at... I wade all day long, but never walk through water that may be holding a fish.

Offline Icefisher40

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Missing the U.P
« Reply #42 on: Feb 16, 2009, 04:16 PM »
WHAT SAND CREEK ARE YOU GUYS TALKING ABOUT?  sorry for the caps.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.