Ice Fishing Iowa board sponsored by

Author Topic: Muskies on IGL!!!  (Read 12957 times)

Offline BucksNDucks

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Muskies on IGL!!!
« Reply #30 on: Mar 01, 2009, 08:17 PM »
Esox... Whats the biggest IGL pike you ahve ever caught? I bet you have a few pretty big ones!!!
See ya on the ice!!! Go Packers!!!

Offline esox_magnum

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #31 on: Mar 01, 2009, 08:29 PM »
My best is a skinny 39" off Spirit, partner has a 42" mounted from november 06

Offline Ice_Stalker

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #32 on: Mar 01, 2009, 11:11 PM »
I'm a board member of Muskies Inc #39 in Northern IL.  I guide Muskie on the Fox Chain and qualified in 2006 for the PMTT World Championship.  Muskies...all other fish are just bait.  Esox, Andy from Shak Attack is a good friend of mine.  I test his baits.
Catch.Reel.Release...R epeat as needed.

Offline BucksNDucks

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #33 on: Mar 02, 2009, 10:23 AM »
Esox Both nice fish!!! Spirit holds nice pike and sometimes great to get away from all the traffic!!!
My buddy and i Have trolled raps around that whole lake numerous times... Caught limits of pike and walleyes 3 and 3 in the same day...
We are going to be hitting LOW and Winni from March 7 to 15 will let you know how it goes...

Offline esox_magnum

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #34 on: Mar 02, 2009, 06:23 PM »
Ice Stalker, I have met Andy a couple times and will make it a point to stop by and see him if hes at the MN Expo in April. He's an all around good guy with great baits. He does like to share the BS with ya. Board Member , Upper Great Plains chapter 29 NW Iowa here.

Offline BucksNDucks

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #35 on: Mar 03, 2009, 05:35 AM »
Esox. I was reading this Okoboji fishing quide pamphlet and it says "Pikes Point offers the greatest chance at a trophy muskie!" what do you think? Also if that 52" was only 42 lbs to you have a pic or a link to the Iowa state record muskie? Thanks

Offline esox_magnum

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #36 on: Mar 03, 2009, 06:59 PM »
Well Pikes can and does hold fish and nice ones, the biggest I have seen caught and personaly raised or seen hooked were not anywhere close to Pikes. As far as the current record its hanging in the hatcherie in Spirit Lake. Aren't they all trophies?? I have no doubts West holds at least 1 new state record fish, theres so much structure in that lake and some water that never gets fished. I wouldn't be surprised to see 1 come out of Spirit again.

Offline BucksNDucks

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #37 on: Mar 05, 2009, 03:17 AM »
Esox... every time i fish IGL i get so excited!!!! West and Spirit are so fun they both put the hair on my arms to rise! I have never caught the fish you have. but would love to be in the same boat netting your fish!!! The state record muskie is in the hatchery? I saw the world record silver pike there but didnt remember the muskie!!! you have a great muskie lure collection and an unsurpassed love for the sport!!! I cant wait to fish with you for a great chance at a 50-50!!!LOL the first place i would go would be Spirit... South of stoney by rednose point and reeds run!!! i think the next State Record holds there!   
                                                                                                                                 figure 8's are pretty great!!!

Offline esox_magnum

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #38 on: Mar 05, 2009, 06:40 PM »
I know the estimated numbers of fish in both lakes, I'll stay on West for now. A 47 pounder was netted by the DNR off Spirit in the spring of 07. But in our last 2 tourneys open to spirit only 3 fish have been caught vers 100 off the Bojis.

Yes they are my passion and just added 2 new lures to the box last night, a benifit auction for Operation Muskie, cost me $160 for 2 baits but well worth it to help send a vet to LOTW for a week chasing muskie. 1 bait went for over $300. They raised over $17K in a silent auction and live auction.

The state records in the entry area up on the wall to the right.

Offline BucksNDucks

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #39 on: Mar 06, 2009, 10:18 AM »
Esox... Leaving in the morning at 6 am heading for grand rapids mn area. pretty excited then LOTW and winni and possibly other small lakes... cant wait

Offline BucksNDucks

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #40 on: Mar 19, 2009, 10:55 AM »
did good on Leech and Winnibigoshish. LOW was slow lots of small walleyes!!! fun trip caught mainly perch. A few pike, walleye, whitefish, gills, crappies, and eelpout!!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.