The ice fishing Wisconsin boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Whitefish in Lake Michigan  (Read 678 times)

Offline Spin

• Team IceShanty Regular
Whitefish in Lake Michigan
« on: Feb 01, 2009, 12:49 AM »
   I was out today having a great time in Kewaunee County on the Bay connecting with some nice Whitefish. Cleaned them all Fillet and boned them, froze some, fried some up and munched away on a few pieces with the wife. All in all a really nice day. Then I got on line and checked another site and scanned a few reports.
and of course here's some jerk moaning about not catching enough perch or eyes but a bunch of whitefish that he stomped on before shoving them back down the hole. I thought I might mention a few facts in the hope that the word and some sense might reach a few of the twisted morons like this character who unfortunately are running loose in this state.
   Gobies are a plague that are loose in Lake Michigan, they are preying on perch , walleye, smelt, and who knows how many other of our native species. They are voracious and prolific. There are however some predatory species who do feed heavily on these gobies and at least help hold the numbers of this destructive
non native pests down. WHITEFISH ARE ONE OF THEM!!! THE WHITES FEEDING IN THE SHALLOWS ALL WINTER ARE LOADED WITH SMALL GOBIES. This is alone enough reason (while certainly not the only one) to release any you are not planning to eat unharmed instead of acting like a budding 6 year old psychopath and boasting about it on a public forum. Guess there's some clowns that will say or do just about anything to get some attention.

Spin

Offline winjammer

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Whitefish in Lake Michigan
« Reply #1 on: Feb 01, 2009, 09:38 AM »
I saw the post you are talking about Spin. I agree, what a uninformed jerk.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.