The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Lake Henry  (Read 1455 times)

ICE REBEL

Lake Henry
« on: Jan 22, 2009, 05:24 PM »
Was just wonering if any1 has been out on this lake. If so how much ice and how did ya make out?

Offline salmonrebel

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ya' gotta kill it !, To grill it !
Re: Lake Henry
« Reply #1 on: Jan 22, 2009, 05:36 PM »
Ice Rebel,...I can't remember, if this was a public lake, or not,...if it's public, it might be on the reports and conditions page. If it's private, there is a private lake post. Don't know, whether or not, you knew that.

WHACK'EM!!! AN STACK'EM!!!

ICE REBEL

« Reply #2 on: Jan 22, 2009, 05:46 PM »
Salmonrebel this is a public lake this is were i have a camper i was think that after we het back from NY maybe we could go up there on like a sunday or something. I know Rebelfisher was sayin that he would like to go give it a try.

Offline caddy084

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Jan 22, 2009, 05:53 PM »
To the best of my knowledge this lake is private. In the summer you can pay to fish it at Laytons Recreational Area, it's like an RV park with a boat launch. Their is an office, bait store, and small grocery store their, that's were you pay. I actually drove in their last week, but no one was around(road going it wasn't plowed). A friend of a friend fished it a few weeks ago at Laytons, but I don't know if he paid to fish, or just went in on his own and fished. I didn't want to fish it without knowing if it was alright, so I just left.  
                                       Hope this helps.......

Offline caddy084

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Jan 22, 2009, 06:03 PM »
Sorry its Claytons, not Laytons and obviously you know more than me since you have a camper their. So can you just go in and fish from their, I do have other access to the lake at a friends house straight across from Claytons, but you have to go down a steep bank about a half block long to get to the lake.

ICE REBEL

« Reply #5 on: Jan 22, 2009, 06:11 PM »
yeah the launch is private not the lake i have been there 25yrs they do let people ice fish at there own risk

Offline salmonrebel

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ya' gotta kill it !, To grill it !
« Reply #6 on: Jan 22, 2009, 06:12 PM »
Salmonrebel this is a public lake this is were i have a camper i was think that after we het back from NY maybe we could go up there on like a sunday or something. I know Rebelfisher was sayin that he would like to go give it a try.
You know me, Ice Rebel. Where ever they might be bitin',...I'm there!...just let me know.

WHACK'EM!!! AN STACK'EM!!!

Offline fishassassin

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Jan 22, 2009, 06:44 PM »
I camped there in the summer and asked about Ice fishing.  They said they allow Ice fishing and hold tournaments.  I don't remember if they said pay or not.

Offline caddy084

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Jan 22, 2009, 07:39 PM »
yeah the launch is private not the lake i have been there 25yrs they do let people ice fish at there own risk

Thanks for the info ICE REBEL and good fishin to ya'.... 8)

Offline bigbuck326

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • 570 240 2001
« Reply #9 on: Jan 23, 2009, 04:31 AM »
last weekend i went there and yes pravite lake  i got lucky landowner let me in fishing  alot of dink bluegill  few pickerel and a 5 lbs bass..  Clayton Rec. is closed for winter and wont let anyone enter onto ice.

Offline beagler

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • never misses
« Reply #10 on: Jan 23, 2009, 11:26 AM »
I live about two miles from Lake Henry. Expect at least 10" of snow on top of the ice.

Offline tuff bass 2 catch

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Jan 23, 2009, 12:10 PM »
Ice Rebel,...I can't remember, if this was a public lake, or not,...if it's public, it might be on the reports and conditions page. If it's private, there is a private lake post. Don't know, whether or not, you knew that.

salmon rebel,you know my brother fishes there for bass all of the time if it is a private lake its news to us

Offline pocono

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #12 on: Jan 25, 2009, 07:26 AM »
The only public access is at Claytons and you have to pay to launch a boat, other wise it is a private lake with no pa state launch.  Most people let ice fishermen on the lake. Claytons is closed for the season.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.