Author Topic: Bud Bass  (Read 8091 times)

Offline walkerd

• Team IceShanty Regular
Bud Bass
« on: Jan 22, 2009, 03:26 AM »
This has to be the worst thing Ive ever done to my father in law, but the funniest. Me,fatherinlaw, a buddy of his and a buddy of mine were at a ice fishing tourney at fish lake a few years back actually a lot of years back, sitten on the ice sun was out and it was pretty warm that day me and my buddy were putting a few cold ones back, not catching any fish, well they had lunch at some club house on the lake so me and my buddy went to eat while they stayed at the holes with equipment, we came back and they went to lunch well we are sitting here me and my buddy i had just finished a can of cold brew, told him to watch this went to one of father in laws poles pulled it out filled empty bud can up with water hooked hook into flip top and returned to hole, youd have to know my father in law,  they come walking back he yells hey dont you watch my line, not in those words, well he grabs his pole and im telling you he fought that can for all it was worth like he had a ten pound bass on that line, when that can came out of the hole the three of us fell on the ice laughing our arses off, I thought he was going to kill me at first. wish i would have had a movie camera, you would have had to seen it.

Offline michianafisherman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Pleasant Times At Pleasant Lake
Re: Bud Bass
« Reply #1 on: Jan 22, 2009, 08:45 AM »
Sounds funny, but I would have used a DR Pepper Can.
HELD HOSTAGE BY PHOTOBUCKET

Offline jayswimmer09

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • flag!!! dont u love that word?
« Reply #2 on: Jan 22, 2009, 09:04 AM »
ive done the same thing with one of my scoops, its funny stuff

Offline mud_n_fun

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Well? Where's the fish!!
« Reply #3 on: Jan 22, 2009, 03:30 PM »
 :woot: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :woot:

Offline trout chaser

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 22, 2009, 04:16 PM »
souds  good    i   did  that  to  a   buddy  o   mine   but  with  a   boot,   he  thought   he  had  a   hog   like  you  wouldnt  beieve   ,  funny,    good   times

Offline PCB

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 22, 2009, 04:21 PM »
did a similar thing to a guy i was fishing with a few weeks back... but tied a small rock and a stick (to make it dart all over the place) and sent it back down the hole.  we then tied a small loop to some mono and hooked it around the end of the flag so we could trip it from a distance.  he thought he had a monster on and was yelling to get the gaff.... gotta love it
'Its either me or ice fishing' she says... i still have my jiffy

Offline Buck762

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • When hell freezes over, I'll fish there too!
« Reply #6 on: Jan 22, 2009, 09:54 PM »
ive done the same thing with one of my scoops, its funny stuff

I would never risk a scoop, but its a hell of a prank!!

Offline jkw

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Dont Forget The Beer!
« Reply #7 on: Jan 23, 2009, 12:32 AM »
last summer i was sight fishing and guess fishing silver salmon in a creek in girdwood alaska....i didnt catch any silvers but i caught a little kids hot pink rubber boot! like you wouldnt believe the odds of that happening here.....im gonna hafta do that beer can trick to one of my buddies....itll be hilarious....
TEAM ALASKA          :bow: Pray For Ice! :icefish:

Its better to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it!

Offline jkw

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Dont Forget The Beer!
« Reply #8 on: Jan 23, 2009, 04:10 AM »
one more beer can on the bottom in most of these local lakes aint gonna hurt nothin...why you think they dubbed the lake i live by beer can lake?
TEAM ALASKA          :bow: Pray For Ice! :icefish:

Its better to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it!

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #9 on: Jan 23, 2009, 06:04 AM »

Just last sunday fishing with the buds I had a flag. I put the jig pole down and go get it. On the way back every one is yelling hurry up you have one on your pole.  Pick up the pole and get the fight of my life from two 12 inch, frozen solid perch my BUDS hooked on and threw
back down the hole. ;D ;D ;D    LOSERS ;D ;D ;D
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline MnSportsman

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Striper/White Bass, 3+lbs, Put back down the hole
« Reply #10 on: Jan 27, 2009, 05:44 PM »
I do this all the time...Open water or Ice...

Great prank. ;)

To the fella that doesn't get it & is worried about the bottom of the lake..

Lighten up.. You need to get out & have some fun...

Maybe do a little ice-fishing....

BTW you may want to consider your language as far as how you treat others....

"Pogue m'hone"
;)
   - My Best Hunting & Fishing partner..... 21,Jan.98 - 8,May.07......RIP... We'll be together again.... 

Good Luck!! &  "Watch Your Bobber!"

Offline Soft_Spot_716

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Jan 30, 2009, 04:32 AM »
thats a great prank im going to have to remember that for saturday my fishing buddy will get a kick outta that.   

And to the guy whos all mad about the prank u need to lighten up and have a little fun with life. when things are slow on the ice u gotta do something to keep from losing ur mind.

HAPPY FISHING
Tight Lines and remember Keep Your Stick on The Ice

Offline Ronbo

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • fish hog
« Reply #12 on: Feb 03, 2009, 08:30 PM »
i put a steak one a rod befor and that was funny

Trooper Bri

« Reply #13 on: Feb 10, 2009, 05:20 PM »
I did the 'ol Bud Bass trick on Sunday. Sorry Gary !  ;D

Sometimes it's replacing bait with various objects, other times it's hooking the bait where you normally don't (butt hooked  :D). Always good for a laugh when the fishing is slow.

Offline panfishman13

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14 on: Feb 12, 2009, 07:57 AM »
i say chug their beverage and fill it with lake water ;D

Offline walkerd

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Feb 17, 2009, 06:46 AM »
fill it with lake water oh godddddd. Maybe chug thier beer attach a note of thanks and put on thier line. God I sure hope no one I know reads the lake water trick................. :sick: :woot: :%$#!:

Offline goodiejay

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #16 on: Feb 18, 2009, 03:14 AM »
LMFAO.............Now that's a joke I am gonna play on my buddies......Hey at least it's still cold right?  There could be warm liquids you could be puttin in there.  lol

Offline saskoutdoorsman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #17 on: Feb 25, 2009, 09:58 AM »
Went out with engineman last weekend, and he drove to go get lunch while i stayed at the hut. While he was gone, i filled a 2L 7Up bottle with lake water and set it back down the hole on a tip up and got him to pull it about 10 minutes after he got back, and he thought he had a monster on there. when that bottle came outta the hole i f'n near died laughing so hard. now i gotta always watch my lines  ;D ;D

Offline engineman

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Keep your worm wigglin!!
« Reply #18 on: Feb 26, 2009, 09:35 AM »
Went out with engineman last weekend, and he drove to go get lunch while i stayed at the hut. While he was gone, i filled a 2L 7Up bottle with lake water and set it back down the hole on a tip up and got him to pull it about 10 minutes after he got back, and he thought he had a monster on there. when that bottle came outta the hole i f'n near died laughing so hard. now i gotta always watch my lines  ;D ;D

He better be watching more than his lines!!!!! muhahahahaha ;D ;D

Offline andercee

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #19 on: Oct 11, 2009, 01:42 AM »
I saw this done to a buddy one, except it was a frying pan.  Those frying pans put a fight like you wouldn't believe!!!!

Offline VTtrophychaser

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I Like Big Fish
« Reply #20 on: Oct 13, 2009, 06:20 PM »
did something similar once, hit a tip up with a snow ball on my way to the truck.  sat and watched five minutes later as my dad ran over when he noticed the flag up.  my heart sank when he pulled a decent sized pike outta the whole
My dream is clear, it involves fishin' n beer

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.