The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Tough fishing!!!!!  (Read 1157 times)

Offline Vex Man

• IceShanty Rookie
Tough fishing!!!!!
« on: Jan 15, 2009, 07:01 PM »
 >:( >:(

Is anyone else seeing a lul in the ice fishing.  I am getting a lot of lookers, but no takers!!!  This weather is putting the fishing down.

Offline stilljiggn

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • DONT BE AN ICE HOLE!!!!
Re: Tough fishing!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: Jan 16, 2009, 07:52 AM »
    I agree  its  been  tough  this  year  so  far  nothing like  last  year.  But  it  will get  better!:p

Offline Ski Hunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gut eyes? =)
« Reply #2 on: Jan 16, 2009, 08:13 AM »
Lotsa fish coming up to the jigs, staring at it for a few minutes and either just lipping it or swimming off...enough just jigging, I need some toothy critters  ;D
Proud to be Pro Staff!!!    Gut cookies?

Walleye count for 2015    21 landed up to 25"

Offline caddy084

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Jan 16, 2009, 07:36 PM »
Same thing here never really got into em this year yet. I was out on Tuesday and started to mark fish in a lot of holes, first time I really found a good number of fish this year only to find out they were just interested in looking and not biting.... :%$#!:

Offline Van_Cleaver

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Jan 16, 2009, 10:02 PM »
I've had some tough fishing, and some really good fishing. All in all more good than bad. I've also been lucky enough to fish a variety of lakes, usually managing to put together a decent catch. Sometimes it's a matter of toughing it out, staying til dark, or just fishing that one last hole before packing it in. One thing for sure; when the fishing has been tough, and you find a good bite- it is so sweet!

Offline SNAGGER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • JUST TRYING TO KEEP FISH ON MY SCREEN!
« Reply #5 on: Jan 17, 2009, 12:25 AM »
Keep a diary,of first day your lake copletely froze to the day they started biting well. The day the lake froze over is probably the day they stopped gorging for the upcoming winter.It will take a certian amount of weeks before fish need to start feeding again. Write down your barometer readings for every trip. After a few years of record keeping you will see patterns appear time and time again. That way your not wasting your valuable time. I've got weather/fishing logs that go all the way back to the mid 1980's.    FISH ON!
ONEIDA LAKE NORTHSHORE DIEHARD'S

Offline grizly5028

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Jan 19, 2009, 10:56 PM »
[img]I'm pretty new to ice fishing but im having a great year. Just today I landed around 40 fish on jigs and tips ups lots of big gills (9'') and perch including my biggest perch ever a 13''. It might not be be to some people but i very happy with it.  ;D Hopefully you guys will do as good as i have this year and besides you still got a good  month or more to fish so it can still turn around.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.