Author Topic: Maxi  (Read 21704 times)

Offline stephen20

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Maxi
« Reply #60 on: Feb 14, 2019, 06:17 PM »
Thank you. I used to hate fishing that lake. But it’s been the only place I’ve been this year. Except for 3 hours on bass lake. It is a tough lake for sure. But some really nice fish if u put in some work. That is between two of us. Not just myself.

Offline Spooled85

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #61 on: Feb 14, 2019, 06:22 PM »
Still a very good Hall. And on a lake as tough as Maxi is or can be to  fish. It makes it that much more rewarding I have yet to have a good fishing trip to Maxie but I have seen on camera what is down there and that's what keeps me coming back

Offline stephen20

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #62 on: Feb 14, 2019, 06:31 PM »
I agree. And thanks. I’m only 15 minutes away. If you ever wanna meet up. I am still on the hunt for some eyes out there. We get a few here and there. But not regularly. One of these days I’ll find them

Offline Spooled85

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #63 on: Feb 14, 2019, 07:07 PM »
Your welcome , and yes I would definitely be interested in meeting up sometime . This weekend is kinda shot but maybe the following . In about 45 west of maxi

Offline stephen20

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #64 on: Feb 14, 2019, 07:15 PM »
Ok sounds good. Or even during the week I can go after work. Makes for a late night at times tho. But that’s when I’ve found them.

Offline OMIGHTY

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #65 on: Feb 14, 2019, 07:25 PM »

Great looking mess of fish! Slabs for sure  :clap:

Offline abishop

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #66 on: Feb 14, 2019, 08:23 PM »
Very nice indeed. What depth were you in?

Offline Spooled85

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #67 on: Feb 14, 2019, 08:28 PM »
Pm sent Stephen20

Offline stephen20

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #68 on: Feb 14, 2019, 08:34 PM »
Got it spooled, and replied. Thanks OMIGHTY!

Offline stephen20

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #69 on: Feb 14, 2019, 08:44 PM »
Got it spooled, and replied. Thanks OMIGHTY!

Offline CrappieJigger29

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #70 on: Feb 14, 2019, 08:54 PM »
 :o wow nice slabs man.   

Offline Reel_Ice_hole

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #71 on: Feb 14, 2019, 11:08 PM »
Making the maiden voyage this Sat... Ive had guys telling me for years that this is where I should go (and in the same breath warning me of how tough she can be) My buddy and I will be there from about 5 to midnight hopefully... I may sleep in the truck and try again before the sun comes up (not really wanting to sleep on the ice by myself lol) ive been looking at the sonar map and have a couple places picked off the ramp ( wish me luck) being my first time I'm just wondering what the water clarity is... What the bottom is composed of... How hard it will be to find weeds (hopefully there are some fish holding em too) any pointers would be appreciated!

Offline ICEOHIO22

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #72 on: Feb 14, 2019, 11:27 PM »
 Nice fish Stephen were they after dark with or without a lite? Thanks for input

Offline ct83

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #73 on: Feb 15, 2019, 02:49 AM »
Over 5 and steadily making ice one 4 wheeler on by public access on shore drive... Ice was great one walleye and dink gills

nice.

Offline Eye_Hunter

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Im having a walleye attack.........
« Reply #74 on: Feb 15, 2019, 04:01 AM »
Havent got to fish for a few years now, my son and I are going to be out on Saturday after lunch to who knows when lol. A little over an hour drive, just wondering about the ice by the ramp and any pointers? I miss holding our ice derbies there, was always a good time. Might have to try and put one together next year if there is any interest.
eye finatics of the world unite

Offline RobertFitz

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #75 on: Feb 15, 2019, 05:29 AM »
Making the maiden voyage this Sat... Ive had guys telling me for years that this is where I should go (and in the same breath warning me of how tough she can be) My buddy and I will be there from about 5 to midnight hopefully... I may sleep in the truck and try again before the sun comes up (not really wanting to sleep on the ice by myself lol) ive been looking at the sonar map and have a couple places picked off the ramp ( wish me luck) being my first time I'm just wondering what the water clarity is... What the bottom is composed of... How hard it will be to find weeds (hopefully there are some fish holding em too) any pointers would be appreciated!
When I went Last weekend I could see down to about 10fow.  Everywhere I went by the public ramp had weeds tucked on the bottom that came up roughly about a foot and soft bottom all around.( at least what I could see through the hole and on sonar) the hole right off the ramp a lit of people shacked up on when i was there and a lot stayed near their first holes drilled for most of the day

Offline Reel_Ice_hole

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #76 on: Feb 15, 2019, 06:32 AM »
Thanks for the info

Offline RoeBoat

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #77 on: Feb 15, 2019, 07:59 AM »
Thanks for the info

Good luck up there.  I've never been either, might have to go one day just to see what the fuss is.  Did a lot of architectural work at the academy but never fished there.   

Gotta add the hallowed Slough to the list also!

Offline RobertFitz

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #78 on: Feb 15, 2019, 08:34 AM »
From what I seen its a nice town with some nice people. Seen a hockey game going on and people ice skating by their house and by the public park. I would have done probably better if I had more tackle. Second season ice fishing(not counting the 4 years I lived in Juneau Alaska) so still new to this.

Offline RoeBoat

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #79 on: Feb 15, 2019, 08:43 AM »
Based on what I've read in the psst, it's not an easy lake to fish.  Don't be too hard on yourself.

Offline Fishful Thinkin

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #80 on: Feb 15, 2019, 10:15 AM »
We got into some monster crappies there one spring.  All were in the 13" range.
Never caught a single one through the ice though.  >:(

Offline Jig_Head

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #81 on: Feb 15, 2019, 11:28 AM »
Got out last night and caught 5 different species of fish. Got 2 walleye, an 18 incher and a real small one of maybe 8 or 9 inches. Ice was still holding up well at about 7 inches. Lot of open water on the east side of the lake. Way more than just geese keeping it open. It was nice last night, fished 8 hours with no shanty and was comfortable
When hell freezes over ill ice fish there too!

Offline Jig_Head

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #82 on: Feb 15, 2019, 11:48 AM »
Trying to post a pic but its not working for some reason. I'll try it again later

Offline Hexagenia51

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #83 on: Feb 15, 2019, 12:50 PM »
Sounds like a good time! Wish I lived closer! Hex

Offline Jig_Head

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #84 on: Feb 15, 2019, 05:42 PM »

There it goes. And I was really curious about these shiner lookin things y'all been catching. I wanted to see one in person, didnt catch any

Offline ct83

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #85 on: Feb 15, 2019, 06:23 PM »

There it goes. And I was really curious about these shiner lookin things y'all been catching. I wanted to see one in person, didnt catch any
sid u catch those after dark buddy?

Offline Spooled85

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #86 on: Feb 15, 2019, 06:26 PM »
I would say so lol see the post says (last night ) and it is dark in the pic and it's on the ice  :o

Offline splash

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Its how you thumb it that counts
« Reply #87 on: Feb 15, 2019, 07:38 PM »
Nice fish thanks for post

Offline musky8it

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #88 on: Feb 15, 2019, 07:39 PM »
searched for a Bait shop with minnows around culver. Is Maxinkuckee outfitters still open. If not Timberwolf Trading Post in Rochester looks the closest for me coming from the south.

FRANK SINATRA, The Hangover Survival Guide

"I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day."

Offline Eye_Hunter

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Im having a walleye attack.........
« Reply #89 on: Feb 15, 2019, 07:44 PM »
nice job, thanks for the report and the picture.
eye finatics of the world unite

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.