Author Topic: Clam Ice Armor Rise - Fit ?  (Read 1051 times)

Offline Justin147

• IceShanty Rookie
Clam Ice Armor Rise - Fit ?
« on: Nov 30, 2022, 10:28 AM »
If anyone has experience with the fitment of the Clam Ice Armor Rise parka and bib, please provide input.  It's a three hour drive to the nearest store that carries this brand, so trying them on isn't that easy.

My son has a somewhat slim/athletic build.  He's just over 5'10" and about 170 lbs.  He wears medium in a lot of things, but is close to the large sizing in a lot of things too.

I have an older pair of Frabill bibs that run very big.

Thanks

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Re: Clam Ice Armor Rise - Fit ?
« Reply #1 on: Nov 30, 2022, 11:14 AM »
No experience with the Rise Line up ...I am assuming you will be ordering on line ..I would recommend a retailer with a very liberal return policy. Based on other manufactures sizing I would think a medium would be fine in the bibs ..depending on if he had wide shoulders and/or he want to wear a heavy hoodie going up to a large may be a consideration . 

Add your location to your profile ...could be a deal around your neck of the woods .
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Inventor of Minnow Magic American Patriot
« Reply #2 on: Nov 30, 2022, 11:20 AM »
If anyone has experience with the fitment of the Clam Ice Armor Rise parka and bib, please provide input.  It's a three hour drive to the nearest store that carries this brand, so trying them on isn't that easy.

My son has a somewhat slim/athletic build.  He's just over 5'10" and about 170 lbs.  He wears medium in a lot of things, but is close to the large sizing in a lot of things too.

I have an older pair of Frabill bibs that run very big.

Thanks

Here the sizing for the Rise as you requested in yer OP........hope it helps!  :)

*Click* to enlarge

“The mass of men live lives of quiet desperation”  Thoreau

Offline cwavs1982

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Nov 30, 2022, 11:55 AM »
Make sure that when measuring, you have them wearing whatever undergarments will be used - sweatshirts etc!  The jackets have draw strings to pull in somewhat, but you want to have room to move your arms around and not feel tight.  Nothing wrong with going up a size if needed. 
I do hunt, and I do fish, and I don't apologize to anybody for hunting and fishing - Norman Schwarzkopf

Offline MontanaFisherman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Nov 30, 2022, 01:04 PM »
I picked up the rise bibs at Scheels for $129.99 over black Friday and went with the medium (I did not get the coat).

I'm 5-9", about 172lbs, and wear jeans 33w 30l (depending on style and fit). I was wearing slightly bulkier clothes when i tried them on and found that medium fit the best. Large was too big, small was too small.

Hope that helps

Offline Justin147

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Nov 30, 2022, 02:58 PM »
Thank you all, I appreciate the help.

Offline BasscatJake

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Nov 30, 2022, 06:41 PM »
I'm 5'7" 125-130lbs. 28" waist. I typically wear a medium for everything with a large sprinkled in every now and then.

I ended up buying a medium bib and large coat. The bibs fit me perfect. The coat is just a tad big but it'll be perfect with layers. The sleeves aren't over extending my hand like most larges either.

Offline Dave R

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Dec 01, 2022, 10:54 AM »
I'm 5'8" and weigh 180#. After watching the video on Up North Sports website I bought the Rise Bib and Parka in size large. I found that the bibs fit fine, but the parka felt tight. I normally wear a base layer, shirt and either hoodie or fleece jacket. After two seasons I sold the parka and bought an XL. I hope this information helps.

Offline Justin147

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Dec 06, 2022, 09:43 PM »
I just wanted to provide an update on what was ordered and how it fits.

My son is close to 5’11” and 168 lbs. He has a slim build.

I ordered him a medium bib and a large jacket. They both fit decent and he is keeping them.

The bibs have plenty of leg room for a good layer underneath and a large would’ve been too big for him.

The jacket has a little extra room, but is fine the way it is. A medium would’ve fit him as well I think.

Thank you all for input.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.