The Ice Fishing MA is board

Author Topic: good 4 days lake Champlain  (Read 4259 times)

Offline THE JIGGER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Member of the GODS (Grumpy Old DudeS)
Re: good 4 days lake Champlain
« Reply #30 on: Feb 01, 2023, 07:03 PM »
First off dude you havent been here a year. Second 6-8lb pike arent dinks. Third off if you dont have anything good to say scroll on by and shut the yap. I love the rookie keyboard mafia...SMH

Just ignore him PAPa. That was a great trip and the fish were nice. Alot of fish and fun. That's what its all about.
MA

Offline Papa Sly

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #31 on: Feb 01, 2023, 07:12 PM »
Thanks guys, I help anyone I can on here but this rookie Infiniti doesnt have a clue. A few years ago I made a mistake on a facebook site and posted a spot in CT. where I was fishing early ice. I told the site where it was, that it was 4" but went down to 2" near the center. This guy walked right out without a spud, went for a swim and then messaged me b***hing me out because I told him it was safe. I felt bad and at that time I realized there are a lot of people out there that dont understand ice safety and I dont want that to ever happen again. This idiot doesnt even know me but somehow felt it was his responsibility to run his mouth hiding behind his keyboard. Thanks for the back up from the guys that know me.
A bad day of ice fishing is better than any day at work!
http://i.imgur.com/dIEANML.jpg?1

Infiniti

« Reply #32 on: Feb 01, 2023, 07:21 PM »
First off dude you havent been here a year. Second 6-8lb pike arent dinks. Third off if you dont have anything good to say scroll on by and shut the yap. I love the rookie keyboard mafia...SMH
I've been on here for years. The password recovery won't send me an email for my old account no matter how many times I try it. And if you took your own advice and stopped hassling everyone that mentions this was a bad ice year for being "lazy" we wouldn't be having this conversation. I like how you only respond to me and not the guy who made the original comment too lol. You talk a big game and yet can't take the heat when people treat you the same way you treat them. I know 5 years olds with a  better grasp on "treat others the way you'd like to be treated" than you. Sad way to go through life. Now I've said my piece and won't speak to you again. Sorry to anyone that's tired of reading this nonsense.

Offline THE JIGGER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #33 on: Feb 01, 2023, 07:39 PM »
I'm getting the feeling some BJ's going to kick a couple of people off this sight.
We are here to enjoy peoples fishing  reports ,not crappy negative comments.
Please try to keep your comments positive. ;D ;D   
MA

Infiniti

« Reply #34 on: Feb 01, 2023, 07:48 PM »
. ****censored word**** em guys old and a b***h im on your side bud
I figure anyone with functioning eyeballs that sees the crap that this guy writes would be on my side but I guess not. The 10-15 guys that play grab ass on here all day must enjoy seeing his sad attempts to bully people that he doesn't agree with. This forum will continue declining because of dudes like him. And people wonder why its happening lol. I'll be banned for trying to make this place more welcoming and that's fine. Let em dig their own grave.

Offline TheJigginJerk

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #35 on: Feb 01, 2023, 08:01 PM »
I'm getting the feeling some BJ's going to kick a couple of people off this sight.
We are here to enjoy peoples fishing  reports ,not crappy negative comments.
Please try to keep your comments positive. ;D ;D
I hope not. There’s only like 5 people left posting in the MA forum already.  :o

Offline THE JIGGER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #36 on: Feb 01, 2023, 08:11 PM »
I figure anyone with functioning eyeballs that sees the crap that this guy writes would be on my side but I guess not. The 10-15 guys that play grab ass on here all day must enjoy seeing his sad attempts to bully people that he doesn't agree with. This forum will continue declining because of dudes like him. And people wonder why its happening lol. I'll be banned for trying to make this place more welcoming and that's fine. Let em dig their own grave.

The only comments he has made is the fact that people should drive around to find ice because he has been out 8 or 9 times and there is plenty of ice. I did not agree with him and made comment to him about that. There is a big difference from eastern and western Ma ice and  in some cases can take 3 hours to drive too.
Just put it behind us and lets hope this cold snap will make some eastern Ma ice so we can have more fishing reports.
Thanks Guys

m
MA

Offline THE JIGGER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #37 on: Feb 01, 2023, 08:14 PM »
I hope not. There’s only like 5 people left posting in the MA forum already.  :o

I know ice is a big factor. Hopefully it will pick up if this weekend weather gives us some eastern Ma. ice
MA

Infiniti

« Reply #38 on: Feb 01, 2023, 08:53 PM »
The only comments he has made is the fact that people should drive around to find ice because he has been out 8 or 9 times and there is plenty of ice. I did not agree with him and made comment to him about that. There is a big difference from eastern and western Ma ice and  in some cases can take 3 hours to drive too.
Just put it behind us and lets hope this cold snap will make some eastern Ma ice so we can have more fishing reports.
Thanks Guys

m
In reality what he said was everyone that so much as mentions this being a bad ice year is just a lazy whiner who sits on their couch b***hing all day. And he doubled down on it for 3-4 more posts when people replied that some of us live 3 hours from the Berkshires and aren't retired like he is. And that's far from the first time he's been a prick to people. I'm done replying to this post, I didn't even want it to go this far. I was just shocked that him and his pals got all upset that I called his fish small when he has continuously said much worse to people.

Offline THE JIGGER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #39 on: Feb 01, 2023, 10:00 PM »
In reality what he said was everyone that so much as mentions this being a bad ice year is just a lazy whiner who sits on their couch b***hing all day. And he doubled down on it for 3-4 more posts when people replied that some of us live 3 hours from the Berkshires and aren't retired like he is. And that's far from the first time he's been a prick to people. I'm done replying to this post, I didn't even want it to go this far. I was just shocked that him and his pals got all upset that I called his fish small when he has continuously said much worse to people.

I get your frustration but if you noticed since I  commented about his last negative comments. He did what I asked him to do. Talk less about those that can't get out because of distance and post some pictures. That is what he did. I'm pretty well crippled and find it hard to get out so I depend on forums like this to get my fishing experiences. It just saddens me when I read such negativity. I hope you get some ice fishing in next week.
MA

Offline TheJigginJerk

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #40 on: Feb 01, 2023, 10:48 PM »
I know ice is a big factor. Hopefully it will pick up if this weekend weather gives us some eastern Ma. ice
It’s not looking promising. We will have two cold days and then right back to a week of mid 40’s.

Offline rmoody79

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #41 on: Feb 02, 2023, 03:12 AM »
Low 50s on the south shore, temp jumps almost 40 degrees from Saturday to Sunday down here, just one day of arctic cold w 30+ wind

Offline BJ

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • FLAAAAGGGGG!!!
« Reply #42 on: Feb 02, 2023, 04:28 AM »
It was an inside joke because papa sly is the leader of the "there's tons of good ice in mass if you're not lazy" club. Yet here he is driving 4 hours north for dinks.
If you don't have anything helpful to add to a thread, please don't bust chops. If you don't agree with the poster or what they post, move on and don't reply.
                                                BJ

Offline Jschumacher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Nothing beats walking on water. Life Member NAFC
« Reply #43 on: Feb 02, 2023, 06:15 AM »
I go to Champlain with a group of freinds every year for at least the last 8 or 10 years or more. We know we're not likely to catch a monster 20+ or even a 15+ pounder. But
When you can put several pike on the ice 8-12lbs a day not to mention all the 4 to 8 lbers in between. Well that alone keeps us going back up there yearly. Most years we'll do a second or even third trip and run up to the Islands for a day. Yes fishing can be that good. Although the older I get the harder leaving the house at Midnight and returning the following midnight is getting.  ::) ::) It does make for a very long day. We'll be making our annual trip up later this month. :tipup: :tipup: :tipup:. Mike I hope you saved a few for us ;)
Hard water Tight lines Flags up. Doesn't get any better than that

Member of the G.O.D.S

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #44 on: Feb 02, 2023, 06:50 AM »
I think PapaSly is a great contributor to the site in general.  Can he be a PITA at times, yes, and I dont agree with all of his opinions, but you know the saying about opinions, we've all got them and they all stink.  He regularly posts, will PM you ice conditions and seems to catch some fish as well.  If you got an ax to grind do it on a post when he's being nonsensical.

Nice work again PapaSly and keep the posts coming.  I haven't had much to post about outside of calicos.

Pat you mean 56 posts of mostly nothing doesnt tickle you.

Offline Yachtzy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #45 on: Feb 02, 2023, 11:26 AM »

I don't know Papa, but I 100% agree with him. I can go on FB right now and screenshot hundreds of posts of people ice fishing in MA, this page isn't the only online info out there, look for yourself. While your at it, check out the CT pages, they have fishable ice just South of us, and more up North.
I'm wondering why people just don't cross the state line? Are they stubborn, cheap, or their parole officer won't let them? I know there are no lake trout to be caught thru the ice in MA, Maine has big pike and trout, and NH you can have 6 devices on non trout managed waters. CT I never been and have no idea, but I see some nice pikes caught this season already.

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #46 on: Feb 02, 2023, 04:54 PM »
CT piking is equivalent to there being 4 or 5 girls on tinder vs the entire male population.  Sure you may score but you will likely not enjoy it much.  Very busy, lots of crowding, lots of people drilling between your set to jig, tons and tons and tons of novice ice fishermen, more than any other state ive fished.  Yes some good pike, you can catch a 20 and then watch the joker next to you spot burn it on FB, free of charge. Prime spots...deploy at 2 or 3am in the dark...only to get mugged at 8 or 9 am.  Ct piking...itll be fun they say! 

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #47 on: Feb 02, 2023, 05:02 PM »

So you come here to see guys play (in your own words) grab ass.  Interesting....

Offline PikeKing23

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Go Big or Go Home!
« Reply #48 on: Feb 03, 2023, 04:20 AM »
CT piking is equivalent to there being 4 or 5 girls on tinder vs the entire male population.  Sure you may score but you will likely not enjoy it much.  Very busy, lots of crowding, lots of people drilling between your set to jig, tons and tons and tons of novice ice fishermen, more than any other state ive fished.  Yes some good pike, you can catch a 20 and then watch the joker next to you spot burn it on FB, free of charge. Prime spots...deploy at 2 or 3am in the dark...only to get mugged at 8 or 9 am.  Ct piking...itll be fun they say! 

Like you've said before...they're all skinny anyway. That's why I go to MA for fat trout fed pike

Offline SalmonAndStriper Stalker

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #49 on: Feb 03, 2023, 07:08 AM »
Prime spots...deploy at 2 or 3am in the dark...only to get mugged at 8 or 9 am.  Ct piking...itll be fun they say!
Or they just leave their gear out overnight and come back in am

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #50 on: Feb 03, 2023, 07:25 AM »
There are big pike but I prefer not to deal with the people. Even open water on a lake 20 mins from me with tigers the boating pressure for them is silly because some idiot thought getting a 26lber in the news was a good idea...

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.