Author Topic: shiner tank  (Read 3908 times)

Offline flik n dip

• Team IceShanty Addict
shiner tank
« on: Aug 11, 2010, 08:59 PM »
Check it out. 300 gallons of pure potential

Want it?

Offline DasRottweiler

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • RIP- DR`s AwesomeAustin 9/10/09
Re: shiner tank
« Reply #1 on: Aug 12, 2010, 06:46 AM »
They sell food grade drums up the street from me. I grabbed a 35 and a 55 to set up for tanks , cost me $25. They had several of the 275-300 gallon pallet ones like that for $100 each. My wife woulda flipped if I brought one of them home. Wish I had now.

Offline comeonnow

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Aug 14, 2010, 07:43 PM »
Thats a nice looking tank Jake.   Almost time to start filling it with bait :)

Offline Burl Ives

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Aug 23, 2010, 03:07 PM »
Thats pretty sweet Jake ...

Offline BaitWrangler

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • It's a trap!
« Reply #4 on: Sep 23, 2010, 08:57 PM »
Pretty cool compared to most guys! But since you asked, nah, I think I'll keep my stock tanks and new pump/filter. I can use the 300 gal for bait and the 100 gal to hold over a fish the next time DEM doesn't help out when our group catches a record fish after hours.  8)

Offline CHEPIGUY

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • gimme back that fillet o fish
« Reply #5 on: Sep 26, 2010, 05:44 PM »
what kind of pumps are you using and waht to treat the water with.  how long usually does the bait last?  im thinking of trying to use a tank this year  just need some guidence to get started
Chepi

Offline BaitWrangler

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • It's a trap!
« Reply #6 on: Sep 27, 2010, 06:40 AM »
I don't treat my water with anything any more but I use to use 1/4 doses of better bait. I'm using an Evoultion ES 3500. If your gonna mess around then you matters well just keep buying from the bait store thats how I feel.

My bait lasts forever. Literally I still have some from 2 years ago.  Then if your smart too you can get them to reporduce and seed new spots. People think it's hard but it's really not. Put it this way... I raise more GS than the Lafayette Hatchery does. They claim it's the cost. If I can absorb it then they should be bale to.  Either that or they are just crooks/fake biologist. University of Pheonix degrees to be a DEM;er?

Offline CHEPIGUY

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • gimme back that fillet o fish
« Reply #7 on: Sep 27, 2010, 06:56 PM »
Baitwrangler what pump is a good one to be using  and how to set it up?  remember im starting from scratch on this i need all the help i can get
Chepi

Offline flik n dip

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Oct 03, 2010, 09:36 AM »
all you need is any pump that will circulate the water. i was using a tile saw pump in a thirty gallon tank with a cheese cloth/nylon stocking filter. that tank will probly be going too.

Offline BaitWrangler

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • It's a trap!
« Reply #9 on: Oct 04, 2010, 11:34 AM »
all you need is any pump that will circulate the water.

^ That is good advice Chepi. I have a bunch of different kinds of pumps.

Sorry I have been busy but as you see I was comming back for you! As always PM if you ever have any questions.

Offline b turdy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Oct 04, 2010, 01:52 PM »
you now those pools you get at walmart??  turns out that the 530 g.p.h. filter is $30 from amazon.  you can plug her right into the outlet without having to worry about wiring like with the livewell pumps, more than half the price of a sump pump that I found at home depot, and it cleans the water while it circulates it! 

Offline BaitWrangler

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • It's a trap!
« Reply #11 on: Oct 12, 2010, 02:42 PM »
you now those pools you get at walmart??  turns out that the 530 g.p.h. filter is $30 from amazon.  you can plug her right into the outlet without having to worry about wiring like with the livewell pumps, more than half the price of a sump pump that I found at home depot, and it cleans the water while it circulates it! 

Yes sir B Turdy. That is even more good advice you are lending!

I have one of those as well that a family member gave me. Turns out large inflatable pools + a bunch of 2-5 year old's don't really jive and my aunt's grand kids had loaded it with so many holes it was rendered useless in a couple of months. Of course I went asking for the pump! But yes, those pumps are super inexpensive and a great option for any bait keeper!

Heres a tip if anyone has one.

What I did was use one of those little grinders you can put on a drill and ground out a tiny bit of the plastic canister on each end. This gave me enough room to completely slide on fernco's to each fitting. I could fit the ferncos pretty well anyways, but I wanted them to fit 100% of the way so I could be fairly assured I wouldn't have a leak. Anyways, then you can go ahead and add PVC to the mix once you have your fernco's. The only down side is they are about $7 a piece, but I did have one laying around. I think they are 1 1/2 to 1 1/4.

Offline halfhooked

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • anything more would be shopping
« Reply #12 on: Nov 06, 2010, 09:45 PM »
http://i752.photobucket.com/albums/xx163/halfhooked/002.jpg
I just use a bait xar in the river near the house

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.