The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Spencer lake ice...  (Read 1026 times)

Offline Neptune

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • "The Kokanee Killers"
Spencer lake ice...
« on: Feb 28, 2007, 07:44 PM »
Anyone hit Spencer or Skyles in the last two weeks...wondering how the ice is and how the fishing has been...

Ive been out of town...

Good Fishing :tipup:

Offline floopus64

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Spencer lake ice...
« Reply #1 on: Mar 01, 2007, 10:56 AM »
Didn't hit Spencer or Skyles, but did go to Lower Stillwater yesterday.  Caught a dozen perch and one pike (26").

I'm not the greatest judge of ice, but it seemed okay.  There were a couple of people on the lake with snowmachines.  There's a water-pocket under a thin snow/ice crust and then about 18-20 inches of ice below that.

Floopus

Offline Neptune

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • "The Kokanee Killers"
« Reply #2 on: Mar 01, 2007, 09:47 PM »
I went out there after work tonight and drilled a couple holes.....the ice is insanely thick...my ladle had a ruler on the handle that goes to 19" and I couldn't hook the ladle under the edge of the ice :o....

I am heading up there tomorrow right after work to try and get some pike, anyone interested in meeting me up there?  I'll be there from about 4:30 until dark....

Good Fishing  :tipup:

Offline Neptune

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • "The Kokanee Killers"
« Reply #3 on: Mar 03, 2007, 06:55 PM »
Well I didn't make it up there last night.  I got stuck at work 'til after 6pm, because some DOLT doesn't know how to do his job and I had to fix what he forgot to test....anyway(ranting aside)

I went up to Spencer this morning, lines in the water by 8am, lost 3 Pike in the first hour and was thinking I was in for a disappointing day. But my luck turned and I got 5 pike on the ice.  Nothing of any great size, but tomorrow when my family gets home we are gonna have a nice Fish Fry!   ;D

Total for the day was 5 on the ice and 4 missed, off the ice by 1:30pm

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.