The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Quichflip2 or pop up  (Read 1362 times)

Offline trout hounder

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • If it swims ive caught it
Quichflip2 or pop up
« on: Jan 02, 2017, 06:23 PM »
Ok I have a quick flip two and a pop up and need to sell one which would u guys sell
if it bites I chase it

Offline JohnMcN1

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Quichflip2 or pop up
« Reply #1 on: Jan 02, 2017, 06:59 PM »
How much would you sell your quick flip for?

Offline trout hounder

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Jan 02, 2017, 08:43 PM »
350 or best offer
if it bites I chase it

Offline Born Late

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Jan 02, 2017, 08:49 PM »
I have both as well. If the pop-up is significantly lighter, accommodates more than two and you fish any spots that require long drags by hand, and if forced to choose, I'd unload the quick-flip.
YOU are the only one who can decide if the ice is safe enough for you.

Offline The-Walleye-Guy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 03, 2017, 08:27 AM »
Does the quickflip have a tow bar set up on it?

Offline trout hounder

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Jan 03, 2017, 12:49 PM »
No I have the hardware though
if it bites I chase it

Offline coldcreekchris

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Jan 03, 2017, 01:02 PM »
unless you need the money..dont..don't sell one..the advantages of each in certain situations is priceless

Offline 20 Below

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Jan 03, 2017, 09:17 PM »
I would sell the Quickflip but I once got caught in a bad windstorm on 11 Mile Reservoir in Colorado and it blew folks off the ice in their shanty's (some were well anchored) but with a pop up the tent can blow away without you and your gear - after my wild ride and a loss of some good equipment I only fish from pop-ups unless I really trust the anchoring.

Offline Quantoson

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • no fish is too big
« Reply #8 on: Jan 04, 2017, 08:28 AM »
I would sell the Quickflip but I once got caught in a bad windstorm on 11 Mile Reservoir in Colorado and it blew folks off the ice in their shanty's (some were well anchored) but with a pop up the tent can blow away without you and your gear - after my wild ride and a loss of some good equipment I only fish from pop-ups unless I really trust the anchoring.

11 Mile is a great long fishing hole.  I successfully fished it 6 times.  I did better off the bank than the boat.  One year the midget hatch was so thick it looked like fog everywhere not to mention I breathed in a few and ate some unintentionally.
wish you many hook-ups

Offline albo

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Jan 04, 2017, 08:44 AM »
I have both and prefer the flip over the hub for most fishing so it is easier to be mobile search for the fish.
if you're too busy to go fishing, you're too busy

Offline fish?

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Jan 04, 2017, 06:41 PM »
11 Mile is a great long fishing hole.  I successfully fished it 6 times.  I did better off the bank than the boat.  One year the midget hatch was so thick it looked like fog everywhere not to mention I breathed in a few and ate some unintentionally.

This post made me laugh, the idea of a midget hatch...... bahahaha

Offline SpitzoMT

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • FLX-28 Ultra Pack
« Reply #11 on: Jan 04, 2017, 06:46 PM »
 :roflmao:  Glad someone else noticed that !!

Offline Quantoson

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • no fish is too big
« Reply #12 on: Jan 04, 2017, 07:12 PM »

Yeah, I saw it after I posted and thought who would care.  But fish? OK "MIDGE" :(
wish you many hook-ups

Offline fish?

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #13 on: Jan 04, 2017, 08:57 PM »
I wasn't trying to be a jerk,  just think the idea of midgets hatching out of the river is hilarious. 

Offline Quantoson

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • no fish is too big
« Reply #14 on: Jan 04, 2017, 11:38 PM »
I know it was funning.  When you meet me you will ask how I can be a hard nose guy on the forum yet such a fun person that will drink all your beer without asking.  I actually laugh a lot (beer effect).  People who know me understand that my balls are boxed in a Hebgen bar (ladies room of course).   One day, I will earn them back and be whole.  Till then, jerk it hard and set the hook!
wish you many hook-ups

Offline wyogator

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15 on: Jan 05, 2017, 02:24 AM »
I just got rid of my Quick Flip 2, hauled it to the dump actually after 12 years, and bought a Quick Fish 3.  I don't know, man.  With the Quick Flip, everything was contained and stayed dry in the sled, even when set up.  It was quick to set up and flip up and move if you needed to.  It was more like fishing out of a boat.  Now, I have to haul everything including chairs, which I never had to worry about before, in a big Otter sled.  I have to take the stuff out of the sled and put in the hub on a bare-ass ice floor, getting everything all wet.  The chairs slip and slide around on the ice.  It's kind of a pain to set up with the anchors. And then, if you have to move, you have to take everything down and put everything back in the sled.  The other day, I wasn't catching anything and saw other guys moving to another spot. I ended up staying where I was.  With the Quick Flip, I could have moved around.  The one big advantage to the hub though is more room.  There isn't much room in those flip-overs.  But, the room you have is all fishable room, because everything is stored in the sled.  I think the hubs are okay, as long as you don't plan on moving or doing any run-and-gun fishing.

strgon84

« Reply #16 on: Jan 05, 2017, 09:57 AM »
I wasn't trying to be a jerk,  just think the idea of midgets hatching out of the river is hilarious.

Pretty funny stuff right there!

Offline BackCountry Kyle

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • C'mon Sub-Zeros! Tēm Hîpē FySh <°]))}{
« Reply #17 on: Jan 05, 2017, 10:46 AM »
I know it was funning.  When you meet me you will ask how I can be a hard nose guy on the forum yet such a fun person that will drink all your beer without asking.  I actually laugh a lot (beer effect).  People who know me understand that my balls are boxed in a Hebgen bar (ladies room of course).   One day, I will earn them back and be whole.  Till then, jerk it hard and set the hook!

:roflmao: Man that was one ugly sweater

Offline Quantoson

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • no fish is too big
« Reply #18 on: Jan 05, 2017, 10:31 PM »
  :roflmao: Man that was one ugly sweater

Yeah but I'm glad I wasn't sober at the time...or yet?  @)
wish you many hook-ups

Offline Tlecronier

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #19 on: Jan 06, 2017, 07:04 PM »
Are the Clam Thermal shantys worth the money?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.