The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Blanchard Lake  (Read 2432 times)

Offline Nibbles

• IceShanty Rookie
Blanchard Lake
« on: Jan 03, 2016, 06:35 PM »
Hi everyone, I am not very familiar with this lake and am having trouble locating fish. Would anyone like to share some tips? I fished it this last evening with no bites and no fish. Many trips out have produced 1 small perch, 1 small crappie, and about a 24" pike.

Offline Papa John

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Blanchard Lake
« Reply #1 on: Jan 03, 2016, 06:46 PM »
You fishing by the landing or walking out into the main lake?

Offline Nibbles

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 03, 2016, 06:51 PM »
The main part of the lake. When it widens out the second time and the third time. I've only fished the farthest part once. Thanks for the reply.

Offline Papa John

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Jan 03, 2016, 07:11 PM »
P.M. me, we'll talk.

Offline Nibbles

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 03, 2016, 09:26 PM »
He didn't want to tie up this board with lake specific info, that is for the conditions page. No secrets here. :)

Offline SpitzoMT

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • FLX-28 Ultra Pack
« Reply #5 on: Jan 03, 2016, 10:30 PM »
So what is the deal?  This is the 2nd post tonite I see where the information is only shared secretly with a PM.  Seriously.  You guys don’t belong on this sight if that is how you feel.   >:(

:roflmao: WOW.....Perhaps you can point everyone to the forum rule that states we are required to share any & all info. It's everyone's personal choice to share the info they want to on this forum. Some share very detailed specifics & some not so much. Again, every members right to participate whatever way they wish. If a member does a bit of reading throughout the forum, he/she can usually find an answer to their question without having to actually post the question. You just share all the specific details of your favorite honeyhole a few times & you'll find out what the internet does for your honeyhole. The last statement in your post was a pretty poor choice of words in my opinion. With the wealth of info available on this forum, it's pretty unfair to suggest that some guys don't belong here. Sorry for the short rant.....just my 2 cents !!

Offline missoulafish

• Team IceShantyholic
  • TēM HîPē FÿSh
« Reply #6 on: Jan 03, 2016, 10:35 PM »
 :clap:

Offline Papa John

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Jan 03, 2016, 11:01 PM »
Thanks SpitzoMT, I would have responded in a like manner. Some folks are polite and respectful, some aren't. Those of us that have been around long enough have a fairly easy time sorting them out. I would never horn in on another guys spot or give out a bunch of info on a small lake without a personal contact. We see similar contacts on here all the time.

Offline PerchAssault

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Established 2006
« Reply #8 on: Jan 04, 2016, 07:24 AM »
 NIBBLES...A guy (who is a HELLUVA fisherman to boot) takes the time to personally offer to give you ONE ON ONE advice...and you b***h about it?

I HAVE seen it all now...
If I\'m not fishing, I\'m probably thinking about fishing...And if I\'m thinking about fishing, I\'m probably not getting much else done so, I might as well go fishing...Yeah, I just said that!

Offline Papa John

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Jan 04, 2016, 07:35 AM »
PerchAssault: Some misunderstanding here. Nibbles is cool, very mannerly. It was another Dude who piped up about not sharing details with everyone. Thanks for standing up for the site and the rest of us, but it's OK. Nibbles isn't the culprit here and the other fella was probably just a newbie and he deleted his post so I can see where you misunderstood the Nibbles reply about posting. I'm too old to be offended by much of anything...... leather-like hide. Nibbles is an OK guy.

Offline PerchAssault

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Established 2006
« Reply #10 on: Jan 04, 2016, 09:20 AM »
OK, sorry for the mistaken identity...Nibbles, my apology ;D

We have all watched the "mood" start to change on here over the last couple of seasons and that REALLY torqued me!  I feel like we have one of the best  forums on the entire web here, and I want to try and keep it that way...so many others have just become useless and worthless except for irrelevant banter...and I do NOT want to see us go that way...

Best wishes to all for A HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Mike
www.perchassault.com
If I\'m not fishing, I\'m probably thinking about fishing...And if I\'m thinking about fishing, I\'m probably not getting much else done so, I might as well go fishing...Yeah, I just said that!

Offline Nibbles

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Jan 04, 2016, 12:05 PM »
Apology accepted. I hope to be as helpful on this site as most of you all, however just by reading other posts my knowledge seems to be limited.  Thanks again Papa for the tip. If you need anything maybe I can help. Anyone else as well.

Offline Papa John

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #12 on: Jan 04, 2016, 02:50 PM »
Nibbles: Was out there this a.m. Bunch of dink perch, one nice 2 1/2-3 lb bass (lots of fun), and a pike broke me off. Ice was layered and nasty walking mid-lake. Pretty good around the edges. Keep after 'em!

Offline Nibbles

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #13 on: Jan 04, 2016, 05:48 PM »
Thanks Papa for keeping me optimistic, I will give it another go this weekend. I'll let you know how it goes.

Offline BigSage

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Whack'm n Stack'm
« Reply #14 on: Jan 04, 2016, 07:09 PM »
Can someone give me their favorite Whitetail and Elk spot?  ;D ;D ;D

Offline Nibbles

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #15 on: Jan 04, 2016, 07:57 PM »
Sorry Sage, I don't hunt. I used to but haven't gone for several years. The Thompson area was my favorite. ;D

Offline Strippnthedream

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Keep ur knots tight and ur lines tighter!
« Reply #16 on: Jan 04, 2016, 08:38 PM »
Can someone give me their favorite Whitetail and Elk spot?  ;D ;D ;D

The Missouri River is awesome for whitetails and there's monster bulls in the elk horns. shhh. Don't tell anybody.
Luv2strip

So good with my rod I make fish come!

Offline TCubed

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Columbia Falls, MT
« Reply #17 on: Jan 04, 2016, 09:37 PM »
There are some really nice bulls at the elk farm in west valley. It's a little tricky getting them out though.

Nick

Offline heine

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #18 on: Jan 07, 2016, 06:23 PM »
if anyone wants to go duck hunting at woodland park id be more than happy to tag along  ;) such a good spot always loaded with ducks, just bring bread.

Offline missoulafish

• Team IceShantyholic
  • TēM HîPē FÿSh
« Reply #19 on: Jan 07, 2016, 07:35 PM »
That's a great place to get bands!!!!

Offline Merrick0928

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #20 on: Jan 12, 2021, 09:53 AM »
I was wondering if anyone had any helpful tips for Blanchard lake going to try and hit it up this year thanks everyone tight lines!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.