The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Striker Ice suit  (Read 2688 times)

Offline Papa John

• Team IceShanty Addict
Striker Ice suit
« on: Nov 07, 2014, 08:32 PM »
Don't want to get booted from here for advertising but I stopped into my favorite Sporting store this morning at the junction of US 2 and LaSalle in Kalispell and looked at the new Striker Predator ice suits. Walked out with a set and paid the same as if I had ordered at the best price online. I supported a local business, got a good deal, was able to try sizes, and have a place to return if I need warrantee service. What a great set of clothing! Cold weather on the way to boot. YIPPEE!

Offline packers

• IceShanty Rookie
  • insufficient funz
Re: Striker Ice suit
« Reply #1 on: Nov 07, 2014, 08:52 PM »
I also just purchased the striker ice predator suit!  I like the little extra security of having a floating suit. Plus it looks awesome

Offline wallydiven

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Nov 07, 2014, 09:01 PM »
Are these waterproof? I'm looking for something that beats every condition our beautiful mother nature throws in my direction :)

Offline packers

• IceShanty Rookie
  • insufficient funz
« Reply #3 on: Nov 07, 2014, 09:29 PM »
Yes they are waterproof. I think u should check em out!

Offline Papa John

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Nov 07, 2014, 09:48 PM »
Go Packers! Oh wait, they have a bye this week.

Offline wallydiven

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Nov 07, 2014, 09:58 PM »
Go Packers! Oh wait, they have a bye this week.
Ummm don't they play those lovable losers from chitown this Sunday night?   ;D ;D ;D

Offline Papa John

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Nov 07, 2014, 10:12 PM »
Yes, you're right.... Baby Bears at the Frozen Tundra Sunday. And it could be FROZEN! Now back to the Strikers, great stuff and I'm anxious to try them.

Offline wallydiven

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Nov 07, 2014, 10:18 PM »
Anyone going to the game might need need one. Most places in the area will be sold out by Sunday afternoon!  @)

Offline missoulafish

• Team IceShantyholic
  • TēM HîPē FÿSh
« Reply #8 on: Nov 07, 2014, 10:39 PM »
Sounds like you made a good purchase Papa:)

Offline gadgetman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Nov 09, 2014, 08:49 AM »
Papa John...My girlfriend and I purchased the same suit from the same store last year and absolutely love them. All I wear under mine is polypropylene long underwear and a long sleeve shirt. Even dressed this lightly I usually have my under arm zippers unzipped.  :) When in the shack or traveling to and from your spot the leg zippers are nice too so you don't get too warm.
The worse day fishing is still better than the best day working!

Offline The Rezerend

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Nov 09, 2014, 10:21 AM »
Got mine from a traveling salesman who happened to be over in my neck of the woods last winter. Loved it. Not that I'm a 2 inch ice walker but it always gives me a little more peace of mind when I'm the first one on a lake spudding or for those long treks on East Bay. You won't be disappointed.
A bad day fishing is better than a good day working.

Offline Papa John

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11 on: Nov 09, 2014, 01:50 PM »
Hey Gadget and Rez.... thanks for the confirmation on the suit purchase. I knew right away when I looked at it that it was a superior garment. Folks at the store also told me the reason they stopped carrying Ice Armor was failure of factory to stand behind the stuff. No such problem with Striker. Had a couple other guys tell me they dressed pretty lightly under this suit, and I agree on the floatation factor. I've only dropped one leg through the ice one time in 60 years on the ice, but it's peace of mind and spousal encouragement that helped prompt the purchase as well.

Offline VTWoodchuck

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Nov 09, 2014, 02:14 PM »
Do any of you guys know how the new Striker Predator compares to the old model Striker Lite?
“Anyone can be a fisherman in May.”
― Ernest Hemingway

Offline missoulafish

• Team IceShantyholic
  • TēM HîPē FÿSh
« Reply #13 on: Nov 09, 2014, 03:43 PM »
Does the Sureflote liner make it seem excessively bulky?

Offline Papa John

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #14 on: Nov 09, 2014, 03:52 PM »
Certainly doesn't feel any more bulky to me than my old heavy insulated Carharts. The floatation mat'l is also an insulator so they may have dropped some insulation to achieve the end result.

Offline missoulafish

• Team IceShantyholic
  • TēM HîPē FÿSh
« Reply #15 on: Nov 09, 2014, 04:02 PM »
Just checked out their web site, looks like a great piece of equipment!  Thanks for the insight Papa.

Offline whiptail

• Iceshanty Sponsor
  • Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #16 on: Nov 09, 2014, 06:26 PM »
I love my striker suit tested it last ice on Swan lake not on purpose glad  had my suit on.
Whiptail
Pete's Tackle Shop

Offline shawdawg

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #17 on: Nov 10, 2014, 10:00 AM »
I've had a striker suit for 3 seasons now and have nothing but great reviews for it.  What's even better than the suit is the guys that stand behind their product.  First season i caught the knee pad on the blade of my nils and ripped a 3 in tear in the suit.  One phone call and they sent me a large piece of fabric and instructions on how to repair it while still staying waterproof.  Cost me 20 bucks to have someone repair it and can't tell it was even there. 

Missoula fish,
The only part of the suit that I sometimes feel is bulky are the legs but considering I only wear one thin layer underneath its fine compared to the wool pants I used to wear.  The coat is much less bulky than the carhart I used to wear with layers under it.

Im jealous of you guys, new job has moved me to colorado and though not the worst place for ice fishing its nothing like montana!!!

Offline gadgetman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #18 on: Nov 11, 2014, 07:13 AM »
Do any of you guys know how the new Striker Predator compares to the old model Striker Lite?
  I'm not absolutely certain but I believe the Predator replaced the old Lite suit.
The worse day fishing is still better than the best day working!

Offline PerchAssault

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Established 2006
« Reply #19 on: Nov 11, 2014, 09:00 AM »
The Predator suit REPLACED the old "Lite" suit.  The name "Lite" indicated it wasn't a very warm suit, and there were some other issues as well.

This is the suit I wear, because I move around a LOT and the Hardwater was just too warm. The Climate and the Hardwater are very similar in warmth, only the Climate lets you remove top and bottom liners for even more versatility. The Hardwater has the tougher outer material.

The Predator is the perfect suit for western MT, where we often experience wide temperature swings.  Even in the coldest temps I experienced last year in Wisconsin and Minnesota, I only needed an extra layer of fleece and it was perfect.

You can't go wrong with any of the Striker line...and they will stand behind their product.

Mike
www.howesfishing.com
If I\'m not fishing, I\'m probably thinking about fishing...And if I\'m thinking about fishing, I\'m probably not getting much else done so, I might as well go fishing...Yeah, I just said that!

Offline baltimoremountainman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #20 on: Nov 11, 2014, 07:07 PM »
I got one. Its the best! Light but warm. Haven't ever jumped in to test it. Hopefully never have to.
There is no greater burden than a great potential.

Offline PerchAssault

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Established 2006
« Reply #21 on: Nov 11, 2014, 07:58 PM »
Got mine from a traveling salesman who happened to be over in my neck of the woods last winter. Loved it. Not that I'm a 2 inch ice walker but it always gives me a little more peace of mind when I'm the first one on a lake spudding or for those long treks on East Bay. You won't be disappointed.

"A Traveling Salesman"...RJ, I thought I was SO much more to you... :P ;) ;D
If I\'m not fishing, I\'m probably thinking about fishing...And if I\'m thinking about fishing, I\'m probably not getting much else done so, I might as well go fishing...Yeah, I just said that!

Offline bquick

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #22 on: Nov 14, 2014, 09:22 AM »
Hate to start a new post so I figured I would ask on this one first...  I am looking for places that carry the striker suit near Bozeman in the medium size.  Scheels in Billings only has a large bibs so I am not going to drive there for that.  I will call a few more places but does anyone have a lead on where's the closest store to Bozeman that has the strikers?  Happy Hard Water!

Offline Papa John

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #23 on: Nov 14, 2014, 01:35 PM »

Offline bquick

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #24 on: Nov 14, 2014, 02:41 PM »
Dealer list:
http://www.strikerice.com/index.php/2014-07-22-06-48-21

Yeah.... did that already.  Thanks though!  Unfortunately, all but the Kalispell location have either Larges and bigger or none at all.  Was hoping there might be a lead to something closer but it looks like I will be ordering online.   :-\

Offline The Rezerend

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #25 on: Nov 14, 2014, 08:56 PM »
Mike, I figured that would get a rise out of you. bquick, get a hold of Mike at PerchAssault and if you guys work something out I could help as a go between. I'll be in the Charlo/Polson area over thanksgiving and live in Butte so maybe we could get a set to you.
A bad day fishing is better than a good day working.

Offline PerchAssault

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Established 2006
« Reply #26 on: Nov 16, 2014, 05:58 AM »
BQuick-PM sent

Mike

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #27 on: Nov 16, 2014, 09:22 PM »
Dealer list:
http://www.strikerice.com/index.php/2014-07-22-06-48-21

It figures, no where close to me.  I don't like the idea of spending that kind of money on something I can't put my paws on and try on. 

Offline bquick

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #28 on: Nov 17, 2014, 11:00 AM »
Thanks so much Rezerend and PA!  I might have put a hand on a pair from another friend so let me see if that works out this week.  If not then I will definitely be getting back to you. Happy Hard Water!

Offline PerchPounderMT

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #29 on: Nov 17, 2014, 09:22 PM »
IDI Gear,warm AND flotation..
Dont ask

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.