The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Out of towner  (Read 1732 times)

Offline Damonspeeds

• Team IceShanty Regular
Out of towner
« on: Nov 05, 2014, 08:02 PM »
My work is sending me to Bozeman for the first weekend in December. I am looking to see if you guys think there will be ice by then? If so I was looking for seo one to show me how you guys get down in the artic tundra out there. For anyone who steps up I would return the favor and show them a good time if they every visit NY.

Offline missoulafish

• Team IceShantyholic
  • TēM HîPē FÿSh
Re: Out of towner
« Reply #1 on: Nov 06, 2014, 12:45 AM »
Hyaline reservoir and Georgetown lake SHOULD have ice by then. It's a trout game in both lakes. Cool thing about Hyalite is it's home to Grayling and Georgetown offers the chance to catch a very nice brook trout. Check out the lakes page for lot more information:)

Offline Damonspeeds

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Nov 22, 2014, 07:15 AM »
Considering it would be rather hard to check in an auger on a plane I was looking to bring my tipups and tag along with someone. I would buy your bait breakfast and lunch too

Offline Strippnthedream

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Keep ur knots tight and ur lines tighter!
« Reply #3 on: Nov 22, 2014, 07:50 AM »
A man if your willing 2 travel 2 helena I'd take u out n let u bend a few rods. Prolly only be trout n a few walleye. Walleye r more at dark n just after. Haven't picked any up during the day yet this year.
Luv2strip

So good with my rod I make fish come!

Offline Chasing Lunkers

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Nov 22, 2014, 09:26 AM »
I'll be fishing something... not sure what, depends on ice. Maybe go after the ling on Newlan or Sutherlin at night if ice is good. Hopefully this cold kicks into gear, been 30+ last couple days.
Tight Lines!
CL

Offline feklar

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Nov 22, 2014, 10:23 AM »
I'll fish with you (if we have ice), I'm in Bozeman.  I have pretty much all of the gear.  I have weekends off so send me a text/pm on here to remind me.  txt 406 396 3704.

Offline missoulafish

• Team IceShantyholic
  • TēM HîPē FÿSh
« Reply #6 on: Nov 22, 2014, 11:10 AM »
Hope you can hook up with these guys:)

Offline Damonspeeds

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Nov 22, 2014, 01:43 PM »
I appreciate it guys. I can also offer if you are ever in New England to give you some good honey holes

Offline Damonspeeds

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Dec 05, 2014, 08:20 AM »
Good morning Montana. I am still curious if I can find someone to go fish with on Sunday morning...done mind driving two plus hours from bozeman any direction. Let me know if anyone has weekend plans

Offline zimmer2

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Dec 05, 2014, 08:56 AM »
Will be at Georgetown tomorrow morning, if fishing is goes well will be there Sunday also. I am sure the ice will be fine. Have enough gear that all you will have to do is show up. PM if interested

Offline berntboater

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Dec 05, 2014, 09:56 AM »
See you there!

Offline Damonspeeds

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Dec 05, 2014, 09:18 PM »
We'll I called Zimmer back and letting you know I am going drive two hours early in the am to find this lake. I'll be wandering around the ice looking for your guys black bibs. My cell phone stinks so if someone could text me 5183355375

Offline Bucket Brigade

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Wait...I have a bite
« Reply #12 on: Dec 06, 2014, 07:19 AM »
What a bunch of nice people on here!!! Offering to take a complete stranger out fishing. I saw another thread where a guy got his stuff stolen and everyone offered him fishing gear!  Kudos to all of you!!!!!!!!

;D
When there is ice on the lakes, I never make employee of the month!

Offline zimmer2

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Dec 06, 2014, 04:52 PM »
Had a good time fishing with Damonspeeds today. Fishing was slow but enjoyed making a new friend for sure, thanks for coming over buddy!

Offline Bucket Brigade

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Wait...I have a bite
« Reply #14 on: Dec 07, 2014, 10:51 AM »
What did you guys catch and where did you go?
When there is ice on the lakes, I never make employee of the month!

Offline feklar

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Dec 07, 2014, 06:10 PM »
Damonspeeds and I went today, we caught about 40 trout at notellum lake on small jigs.  If someone can tell me how to post pics I'll post some of the fish pics, there were some gorgeous cuts and brookies.

Offline missoulafish

• Team IceShantyholic
  • TēM HîPē FÿSh

Offline Damonspeeds

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #17 on: Dec 09, 2014, 07:22 PM »
Just want to thank everyone that stepped up in this thread. Not only did I have an amazing time I have a life long memory that I will never forget. You guys may not have all the equipment we are allowed back home but you make by with what you can and have made me appreciate what I have a lot more. You made me want to focus on my rod skills a lot more and lay off all the adjustments I have spent focusing on my tip ups. Thank you again all and if every one the east coast look for this member to extend the olive brand

Offline Strippnthedream

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Keep ur knots tight and ur lines tighter!
« Reply #18 on: Dec 09, 2014, 09:06 PM »
Awesome man glad u got 2 enjoy our big sky country!
Luv2strip

So good with my rod I make fish come!

Offline Young Blood

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #19 on: Dec 10, 2014, 04:02 PM »
Damonspeeds and I went today, we caught about 40 trout at notellum lake on small jigs.  If someone can tell me how to post pics I'll post some of the fish pics, there were some gorgeous cuts and brookies.

Cutts and brookies, a 40 fish day, close to Bozeman.... the location of "notellum" just became very obvious!  ;) Glad you guys had a good day!
Keep the Faith

Offline Chasing Lunkers

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #20 on: Dec 10, 2014, 05:24 PM »
Cutts and brookies, a 40 fish day, close to Bozeman.... the location of "notellum" just became very obvious!  ;) Glad you guys had a good day!

Haha I was thinking the exact same thing when I read it.... but I like it!
Good to hear you got to enjoy some good fishing while you were here Damonspeeds! And by the way, what equipment did you miss not having? Im curious what you have that we can't use...
Tight lines all!
CL

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.