The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Christmas presents  (Read 2758 times)

oldschoolben

Christmas presents
« on: Dec 25, 2013, 09:04 PM »
got a pole and a tip up for christmas a few more things and i can start fishing again what did you guys get

Offline jigging the dream

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • fishins' always good sometimes the catchin aint...
Re: Christmas presents
« Reply #1 on: Dec 25, 2013, 09:08 PM »
My wife got me a snowshoe tip up with digital LCD readout. Tells ya what time a bite occurred, how much line was taken etc. I'm excited to try it out.

Offline Cornbread

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Dec 25, 2013, 09:13 PM »
I got a belt sander and a disc sander, along with some belts, discs, and belt cleaners. Which is exactly what I wanted :)

Offline jigging the dream

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • fishins' always good sometimes the catchin aint...
« Reply #3 on: Dec 25, 2013, 09:20 PM »
Oh I got a pair of new ice fishing boots too! Sorels

oldschoolben

« Reply #4 on: Dec 25, 2013, 09:29 PM »
My wife got me a snowshoe tip up with digital LCD readout. Tells ya what time a bite occurred, how much line was taken etc. I'm excited to try it out.
awesome good score lol congrats

Offline JayHelfrich

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • My kids can out fish you!
« Reply #5 on: Dec 25, 2013, 09:30 PM »
I got the "Can Cooker Junior" from my wife and kids.  We have the big "Can Cooker" but it makes enough to feed a platoon so we don't use it much.  I hope to use this one a bunch.

Jay
Take a kid fishing.

Kids that hunt, fish, and trap don't rob anyone's grandma!

oldschoolben

« Reply #6 on: Dec 25, 2013, 09:31 PM »
I got a belt sander and a disc sander, along with some belts, discs, and belt cleaners. Which is exactly what I wanted :)
always a good Christmas when we actually get stuff we meed

oldschoolben

« Reply #7 on: Dec 25, 2013, 09:33 PM »
I got the "Can Cooker Junior" from my wife and kids.  We have the big "Can Cooker" but it makes enough to feed a platoon so we don't use it much.  I hope to use this one a bunch.

Jay
lol ya some times smaller is better enjoy

Offline gso12

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Dec 25, 2013, 09:36 PM »
Two new poles an a jawjacker that im excited to try... merry christmas everyone.
]

Offline HuntMT4Life

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Dec 25, 2013, 09:37 PM »
Lowrance elite 4x icemachine, bunch of jigs & spoons (petes tackle included), perch rod, jig box, gas auger, and new GPS with Montana maps!!!!

Offline coldcreekchris

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10 on: Dec 25, 2013, 09:57 PM »
being single for the first time in 5 yrs....a prime rib dinner with some good friends tonite was a great present.....but the gift certificate I got from my dad from Costco was really sweet!!!!!

Offline Perch-Eye

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Dec 25, 2013, 10:37 PM »
I got a pair of Arctic Pro Muck Boots from my wife and my son got me a Strikemaster Electra Lazer 8'' auger. I can't wait to try them out this weekend.

Ken.....

Offline Cornbread

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #12 on: Dec 25, 2013, 10:47 PM »
being single for the first time in 5 yrs....a prime rib dinner with some good friends tonight was a great present.....but the gift certificate I got from my dad from Costco was really sweet!!!!!

I've done nearly every Christmas alone since 92. I have to say that contrasted with the few that I have had someone around for other than my kids I definitely prefer the single Christmas. A lot less hectic and much quieter. You get to do what you want at your own pace and you can even go ice fishing, or bunny or grouse hunting and no one looks at you cross eyed or gives you grief. Some of the best fishing days I have had have been on days like Christmas or Thanksgiving etc.

Offline MT JigMan

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #13 on: Dec 25, 2013, 10:48 PM »
Vexilar double vision that I can put my flasher on.  Not sure that I would have bought it for myself due to the fact that you only have one battery for both devices.  Looking forward to testing it out!

Offline Pastor B

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Dec 25, 2013, 10:48 PM »
Platinum ice shanty militia subscription!  Exactly what I wanted!  Can't wait to get the gear in the mail!  Also got a clam flip over shack...and some Pete's tackle!
Play hard!  Pray hard!

oldschoolben

« Reply #15 on: Dec 25, 2013, 10:51 PM »
I've done nearly every Christmas alone since 92. I have to say that contrasted with the few that I have had someone around for other than my kids I definitely prefer the single Christmas. A lot less hectic and much quieter. You get to do what you want at your own pace and you can even go ice fishing, or bunny or grouse hunting and no one looks at you cross eyed or gives you grief. Some of the best fishing days I have had have been on days like Christmas or Thanksgiving etc.
if the wife gets her way i will be learning about this as well

Offline coldcreekchris

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #16 on: Dec 25, 2013, 10:52 PM »
didn't know that cornbread....maybe we go blastin n casting on the flathead next yr.....merry Christmas.....

Offline Polekat40

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #17 on: Dec 25, 2013, 10:53 PM »
A new Eskimo Z71.  Awesome.

Offline Cornbread

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #18 on: Dec 25, 2013, 10:58 PM »
didn't know that cornbread....maybe we go blastin n casting on the flathead next yr.....merry Christmas.....

Definitely! Let's hope next year the grouse populations are higher than they were this year. This year was pretty low for good sized mature grouse.

Offline FishADK

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Cold Hands
« Reply #19 on: Dec 25, 2013, 11:17 PM »
Duct tape, socks, sleeping bag, underwear, and Si-cology 1 (for you Duck Dynasty fans) The highlights of my day...besides taking a nap, eating bacon, and pondering the preferred fish cuisine.
-DISCLAIMER-
Everything written above is entirely false. All posts were fabricated by analysing the posts of others. All pictures were stolen from the internet. I have never gone ice fishing in my life.

Offline SpitzoMT

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • FLX-28 Ultra Pack
« Reply #20 on: Dec 25, 2013, 11:24 PM »
I got a pair of Arctic Pro Muck Boots from my wife
Ken.....
Nice score..........You'll love em' !!

Offline coldcreekchris

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #21 on: Dec 25, 2013, 11:26 PM »
Definitely! Let's hope next year the grouse populations are higher than they were this year. This year was pretty low for good sized mature grouse.
it did seem that the grouse pop was a little down...had a little luck up hi for the big blues with my compound....ya we could have a fun float from Dixon to perma..loaded up with my benilli and some pike spoons....blast n cast....we'll do it...happy holidays!!!!!

Offline mtlurz

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #22 on: Dec 25, 2013, 11:28 PM »
Snow blade for my quad. Now maybe ill be able to clear the drifts in my driveway and get out on the hardwater!

Offline ColdHole

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #23 on: Dec 25, 2013, 11:46 PM »
A LX-5.......yup, she loves me.

Offline SpitzoMT

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • FLX-28 Ultra Pack
« Reply #24 on: Dec 26, 2013, 12:02 AM »
Wow.....Looks like everyone got some great stuff.....

My wife got me a couple nice toys.
A Garmin Montana 650t GPS, which I absolutely wanted. She also gave me one of my presents early(last Tuesday to be exact), a Aqua-Vu Explorer 5 Underwater Viewing System. Definitely a couple big scores!!

The daughter bought me a new hardwater fishing hat and I just love it. She says she got it off the internet.....geez..... kids grow up fast these days - LOL. Merry Christmas everyone!!

Offline coldcreekchris

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #25 on: Dec 26, 2013, 12:05 AM »
that is a sweet hat.....congrats....go od time of yr to be a u conn fan!!!!.. oh by the way...how are you all so lucky to find women that give you such sweet toys???? I am happy for you.....but am dumfounded.....all my exes would have never encouraged this....so happy for you...kinda sad for me....

Offline SpitzoMT

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • FLX-28 Ultra Pack
« Reply #26 on: Dec 26, 2013, 12:10 AM »
that is a sweet hat.....congrats....go od time of yr to be a u conn fan!!!!
Thanks coldcreekchris. It's my favorite time of year.....Hardwater fishing & UConn men's/women's basketball. Go Huskies!!

Offline coldcreekchris

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #27 on: Dec 26, 2013, 12:19 AM »
boy what's better than the men and lady huskies,,,,2 great teams.....wish u conn was in the new big east....born and bred in Nebraska....that Creighton team out of Omaha.....even if they don't amount to much...will be fun to watch in the big east......oops..sorry this is a fishin site...no more basketball ..football talk...go big red...oh,,,i meant to say...catch that big bass!!!!

oldschoolben

« Reply #28 on: Dec 26, 2013, 12:34 AM »
boy what's better than the men and lady huskies,,,,2 great teams.....wish u conn was in the new big east....born and bred in Nebraska....that Creighton team out of Omaha.....even if they don't amount to much...will be fun to watch in the big east......oops..sorry this is a fishin site...no more basketball ..football talk...go big red...oh,,,i meant to say...catch that big bass!!!!
never found a bad time to talk sports or fishing lol

Offline SpitzoMT

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • FLX-28 Ultra Pack
« Reply #29 on: Dec 26, 2013, 01:25 AM »
never found a bad time to talk sports or fishing lol
LOL - X2 on that.....It's all good..........

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.