The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: May be moving to Billings  (Read 2671 times)

Offline double_a85

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: May be moving to Billings
« Reply #30 on: Nov 13, 2013, 12:09 PM »
Fort Peck is a drive... BUT very well worth it! I ice fished it for the first time last year, and was quickly hooked!! Already have a couple trips planned to go back!

Offline Jamesons tip-up

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #31 on: Nov 13, 2013, 02:34 PM »

The price on Vexilars was also less at Scheels.  Of course they were on sale last week at Scheels when I bought.

IceCreeper

« Reply #32 on: Nov 13, 2013, 03:36 PM »
Keep drinking the coolaid

Offline rustychukar

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #33 on: Nov 13, 2013, 03:59 PM »
Scheels in billings has a pretty good selection and there is one guy in there that is pretty knowledgeable i can't think of his name at the moment. You have to remember thought there salesman sometimes they will talk something up just to make a sale.

Offline njoy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #34 on: Nov 13, 2013, 05:22 PM »
Scheels has been a good source of gear and information for us. Don't know if he ice fishes, but a fella called Lucky has helped several of my friends. 

Offline Tomhusker

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • We're making ICE boys!!
« Reply #35 on: Nov 14, 2013, 03:51 PM »
 Thanks fella's. We cut the trip sort by a day so I didn't see everything I wanted to see. I was impressed by Billings. Lots to offer and it didn't feel like a big city to me. It's probably been 15 years or so since we lived in any town with more than 10,000 people. The job market seems very strong, which is important for me. I don't have a "career" and am pretty versatile. It would be great to have more than one company to choose from while job hunting, like it is around here.
 We are waiting for the official offer from my wife's company before we make any decisions. The cost of living is significantly higher than where we live now. The hotel she would take over is significantly larger. So, we figure the dollar amount they tender should also be significantly high than what she makes now. We don't know what they are thinking, but if the money is right we will be moving.

Offline 4reel

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #36 on: Nov 14, 2013, 06:55 PM »
We will be glad to have you and your family here in Billings ;D ;D                                                                                                                                                               P.S. Perch Assault I personally thank you for all you do and post (very informative,THANKS!)

Offline HolePounder

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #37 on: Nov 15, 2013, 06:06 PM »
We lived in Billings for 3 years,its ok but a long ways from the stuff we love to do.Central MT suits me better,Bozeman,Helena,Townsend,ect.
Catch and release,into BACON GREASE!

Offline Tomhusker

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • We're making ICE boys!!
« Reply #38 on: Nov 15, 2013, 06:27 PM »
 Well, thanks for all the info guys. It looks like we will not be moving there. Contract numbers just couldn't be agreed upon so we have decided to stay put. For now.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.