New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: LAKE GEORGE BS THREAD  (Read 1339037 times)

Offline baitbox

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: LAKE GEORGE BS THREAD
« Reply #1350 on: Mar 05, 2013, 04:34 PM »
That sure looks like Butch?

Nice fish :clap:

Perch bite sucked today...took forever to get a limit....had to of thrown back 200 dinks
It is Butch.I was glad to see him get a fish like that.No one deserves a big one more than him.

Offline mike304

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1351 on: Mar 05, 2013, 05:03 PM »
            I saw it there Thur. & Friday, if there is no name & address on it, I'd say it was abandoned, but who would do that.
Think I might have found who it belongs to If anyone knows what happened to it. This was in the Glens Falls Post Star today. I assume this is the same one:
Boo from a reader: Shanty was stolen

Boos to the individuals who chose to steal my cousin’s brand-new ice shanty positioned offshore from the Pilot Knob Marina, where it had been standing and used by my cousins Feb. 26. It is very sad to think someone staked out another man’s property and, when the coast was clear, took it off the platform and walked off with it. So much for honor among men.

— Mary Clickner
A Government big enough to do anything for us is powerful enough to do anything to us!!!
All That Is Needed For Evil To Succeed Is For Good Men To Do Nothing!
Life is Tough, Its even tougher if you're Stupid!!

Offline wiredstone

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1352 on: Mar 05, 2013, 05:11 PM »
I am not sure why anyone would leave a there gear out on the ice with no name on it to boot. I fixed there caved in roof that sunday and took pics. Even posted it.  There was a colman grill in there too. Did they say why they left it out there?

MAY YOUR FLAGS FLY HIGH & YOUR LINES BE TIGHT.

Offline Benfishin

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #1353 on: Mar 05, 2013, 05:35 PM »
When do the perch usually lay their eggs. They are just bloated with them now. And have they started moving into shallower water to do so yet?

Offline Benfishin

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #1354 on: Mar 05, 2013, 05:41 PM »
I have another question if any of you heard of it... I was talking to a guy out on the ice fishing for perch and he said that he was using some kinda lure with a crystal, and he was doing very well with it until a laker ripped it off. Anybody have an idea what he was using? I have had such great luck with my swedish pimples that I haven't even changed them out this year, but I would like to try something new.

Offline quailman2

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1355 on: Mar 05, 2013, 05:47 PM »
the name of the lure with the crystal in it is call a bently-bumblebee.

JJ

« Reply #1356 on: Mar 05, 2013, 05:54 PM »

Offline Dr. Honk

• IceShanty Rookie
  • NEED ICE
« Reply #1357 on: Mar 05, 2013, 06:04 PM »
His name wouldn't happen to be "Don" would it.

Different guy. My shanty is black and yellow :)

Offline Dr. Honk

• IceShanty Rookie
  • NEED ICE
« Reply #1358 on: Mar 05, 2013, 06:04 PM »
His name wouldn't happen to be "Don" would it.

Offline perch md

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1359 on: Mar 05, 2013, 06:13 PM »
When do the perch usually lay their eggs. They are just bloated with them now. And have they started moving into shallower water to do so yet?

Good way to tell if they are getting closer to spawning is you will notice blood in the eggs

Offline jigshimmer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1360 on: Mar 05, 2013, 06:35 PM »
cleaning perch from vets today one was loaded with those tannish yellow grubs in the flesh and another had a single one. Not unusual to see them in perch from other lakes but don't recall ever seeing them in lake George fish.

Offline EasternCentralNY21

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Love The Great Outdoors
« Reply #1361 on: Mar 05, 2013, 08:07 PM »
got 11 today on huddle ice is nasty near shore at bixby beach broke through bout up to my knee... thick thick ice out farther though... i also noticed that the perch bellies seem full of eggs. it was a good day all in all... wish i could have got on some lakers but perch are fun enough maybe next year i will get a few trout

Offline 5watchman5

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Whose idea was this anyway?
« Reply #1362 on: Mar 05, 2013, 08:36 PM »
got 11 today on huddle ice is nasty near shore at bixby beach broke through bout up to my knee... thick thick ice out farther though... i also noticed that the perch bellies seem full of eggs. it was a good day all in all... wish i could have got on some lakers but perch are fun enough maybe next year i will get a few trout
Hey there, Talked with you as you came off the ice tonite.  You brought your flashlight over.  Let me know if you want help with the Lakers.  Glad you had a good day on the ice.

Offline TrueNorth

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1363 on: Mar 05, 2013, 09:23 PM »

Hey Doc... you decided to join up today too? Welcome aboard the ice. TrueNorth aka SHForestry
I fish because I have to......in order to keep my sanity!

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #1364 on: Mar 05, 2013, 09:27 PM »
Yeah nice meeting ya thought never got your name though, I thought about mentioning the site. I'm going back tomorrow to try for lakers in the morning and perch during the day.. The perch are still biting but it is hard to tell the difference between a small one and a big one until you start to reel up they bite real gentle I let them bob the tip of my pole a bit and then wait till they hold tension on the line and hold the tip down before I set the hook I use a tiny tungsten jig tipped with a grub I caught 1- 10'' and 2- 11'' and a bunch of 9''s today. The first hole I drilled I pulled up probly 25 tiny small ones so I moved 5-6 feet one way no bites move back the other way more dinks so I moved 30-40 feet in toward shore a bit nothing moved back out 30-40 feet again got a keeper 10 inch on the way down to the bottom got one a white tube jig and she hit it like a bass. kept getting more small ones so I decided to move way in and I was about in line with the small island in mouth of huddle bay stayed there the rest of the night thats when I saw you guys.

Offline jperson22

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1365 on: Mar 06, 2013, 12:40 PM »
hows the ice doing up there

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #1366 on: Mar 06, 2013, 01:11 PM »
getting nasty

Offline bigredonice

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • keep searchin' 'till ya find 'em.
« Reply #1367 on: Mar 06, 2013, 01:14 PM »
Its getting slushy, but there is still 10"+ most places south of diamond point.   A few soft spots, especially near shore, but for the most part you can still access and fish many of the places on the lake.   I know I'm looking forward to another weekend on the King.

Offline MikeVT

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #1368 on: Mar 06, 2013, 01:35 PM »
Its getting slushy, but there is still 10"+ most places south of diamond point.   A few soft spots, especially near shore, but for the most part you can still access and fish many of the places on the lake.   I know I'm looking forward to another weekend on the King.
I'm with you, I'll be there on Saturday.  One more time chasing the lakers.
A bent rod is a good rod!

Offline perch md

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1369 on: Mar 06, 2013, 03:21 PM »
Hey there, Talked with you as you came off the ice tonite.  You brought your flashlight over.  Let me know if you want help with the Lakers.  Glad you had a good day on the ice.

Think the ice at bixby will hold up through the weekend?

JJ

« Reply #1370 on: Mar 06, 2013, 04:37 PM »
TC5 empty you inbox. ;D

Offline TC5

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1371 on: Mar 06, 2013, 05:19 PM »
its empty.Tc5

Offline skunkman

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Fur Trapper
« Reply #1372 on: Mar 06, 2013, 07:20 PM »
Fished west side of northwest bay yesterday, About 3" of black ice, 2" inches of snow ice on top. Long way from the open water on east side of the bay, yet could see water movement in my perch holes. Wonder if that was caused by the wave motion, and more important that those waves don't undercut the ice. Hope to fish one more time this weekend, but don't want to be stupid. Can't complain, the lake has been very good to me this year.
Lookin for woman that owns boat, motor, and can clean fish. Send picture of boat and motor.

Offline 5watchman5

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Whose idea was this anyway?
« Reply #1373 on: Mar 06, 2013, 08:22 PM »

Think the ice at bixby will hold up through the weekend?
Mike, Yes the ice should def hold up.  There's 10 inches, it's the shore that's getting sketchy.  Bring a plank if you're real worried.  However, the Perch are not the easiest to locate.  Seems like the Perch have moved and the panfish have infested the area.  Hope this helps.

Offline IceBalls

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I FISH BECAUSE THE VOICES IN MY HEAD TELL ME TO!!
« Reply #1374 on: Mar 06, 2013, 11:20 PM »
Any Hotels / Motels open in Lake George, convenient to Million Dollar Beach???  Someplace reasonable $$$$$ please!  Hope to make it up this weekend.

IceBalls

Offline wetdreams

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1375 on: Mar 06, 2013, 11:26 PM »
Iceballs, try going onto cyberrentals.com & put in lake george. I have found many of different places up that way. Also maybe send Captan jj a pm He helped me a couple of times. good luck . Walt

JJ

« Reply #1376 on: Mar 06, 2013, 11:33 PM »
Try Country Cottages, good off-season rates for a nice motel room, $55 a night; 518-668-0488. Bait shop very close. There are several chains open in the area near exit 21 off I-87, too.

Offline wetdreams

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1377 on: Mar 06, 2013, 11:43 PM »
Thanks Capt jj i couldnt remember the name of the place. Very nice place & people. Walt

Offline Dr. Honk

• IceShanty Rookie
  • NEED ICE
« Reply #1378 on: Mar 07, 2013, 11:52 AM »
Anyone been fishing Vets? Just wondering because I would like to go there on Sunday.

Offline Dr. Honk

• IceShanty Rookie
  • NEED ICE
« Reply #1379 on: Mar 07, 2013, 02:20 PM »
Hey Doc... you decided to join up today too? Welcome aboard the ice. TrueNorth aka SHForestry

Hi TruNorth,
Yes, I decided to sign up so i can get ice conditions and hopefully post some helpful stuff. Sounds like there are some very knowlegable people on this site. Hopefully I can learn something.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.