Author Topic: just wondering  (Read 2213 times)

peple of the perch

just wondering
« on: Feb 10, 2004, 03:45 PM »
where do u think i will be able to find the biggest prech

Offline Fish Monger

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Team Maine
Re: just wondering
« Reply #1 on: Feb 10, 2004, 03:47 PM »
Geezzzzz, not asking for much huh? ;D ;D ;D
Take your pick, it could be anywhere

grumpymoe

« Reply #2 on: Feb 10, 2004, 03:54 PM »
question of the century in my humble opinion. probably your best bet, would be to talk to GERM  on the ontario forum.. man's a wealth of knowledge when it comes to perch.. grumpymoe

Offline Germ

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Take what you want from what i post.
« Reply #3 on: Feb 10, 2004, 06:30 PM »
LOL thanks for the pat on the back Grump lol. Well i can tell ya where to catch them but then i would have to kill ya...ROFL Consistant catching of BIG perch is hard. Jumbos i find are like maybe 1 in 15 for me or maybe 1 in 20. I like to call these ROGUE perch. They dont seem (for the most part) to be in the schools like the average size ones. I Myself for the most part Catch them In between schools. They also (for me) seem to hit differnt then the Average ones. They lift and hit upwards On my tear drop jigs rather then the quick snip and yank like the 7-9 inch ones. I also belive that it would vary on lake to lake where to find them. I mean obviosly they are big fish who have had less stress on them and better treatment in order to have gained their size. I would stick to the 8-15 depths like Grump has mentioned before. Other then that..i Think they come in and out just like the smaller ones just they might be a lil smarter is all. Good luck on finding them. Hard to always be on big fish..Sorry i couldn't help ya out more!
Please don't take offense to Germ's |Posts they are in no way shape or Form ...Ment to discredit or Discourage any other peoples post's..Please take Germ with a grain of salt and Rememeber it is all ment in good fun and if you Would like something changed on a post of mine mesage me ill fix it

Offline Lobes

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Just Fishin'
« Reply #4 on: Feb 11, 2004, 05:04 PM »
Spoken like a true politition ... I mean FISHERMAN!
 ;D

Mecosta County / Lakeview, Michigan

Offline Germ

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Take what you want from what i post.
« Reply #5 on: Feb 11, 2004, 05:27 PM »
Germ for President?
Please don't take offense to Germ's |Posts they are in no way shape or Form ...Ment to discredit or Discourage any other peoples post's..Please take Germ with a grain of salt and Rememeber it is all ment in good fun and if you Would like something changed on a post of mine mesage me ill fix it

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.