Author Topic: what do u suggest  (Read 1816 times)

peple of the perch

what do u suggest
« on: Feb 09, 2004, 02:59 PM »
what do u suggest for perch depth,lure,color,lb.test

grumpymoe

Re: what do u suggest
« Reply #1 on: Feb 09, 2004, 03:11 PM »
as far as depth, i wouldn't vary much between 8-15 feet depending on lake/river/structure. lure/color has too many variables but small swedish pimples, 1/32 jigheads tipped with chopped minnows, maggots, pinhead minnows all work well but depends on the bite. as far as line...2-4lb works best, but with northerns around i tend to use 6lb. test for a little more toughness. there's so many techniques that work for perch, and to cover this in a single post is impossible. hope you get some good tips. grumpymoe

Offline waterwolfed

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • whoolNutBalls
« Reply #2 on: Feb 09, 2004, 07:58 PM »
stay away from large groups and you'll catch bigger and more fish

Offline Germ

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Take what you want from what i post.
« Reply #3 on: Feb 10, 2004, 07:25 AM »
I like Grump there like to fish them in the same Depths he does...One being that they wont spit their stomaches out at that depth and you can choose if ya want to keep it or not that way. I keep my lure about 6-12 inches from the bottom depending on  structure. I use a tear drop lure tipped with a Power Maggot..And i use this technique like 99 percent of the time. Only because it works for me. Other guys Swear on the SMacking Jack lure only because once they release the pressure on the line the fish just falls off the hook. This way they dont even have to touch the fish which is crucial if your not in a hut. I prefer to Hunt Perch....LOL (mental picture of GERM with a gun in his camo suit  stocking a PErch) anyhow ya i move when the hits not good and try differnt dpeths and weedlines differnt structures that sort of thing. Good to know your Lake well when fishing for perch..Also time of day is a important factor as always in fishing. I have heard lots of the americans up hear using moosies or live bait like that. On simcoe here the PErch feed on the freash water shrimp so if you can get bait that imitates that then you got yourself some perch. Anyhow good luck and tight lines!
Please don't take offense to Germ's |Posts they are in no way shape or Form ...Ment to discredit or Discourage any other peoples post's..Please take Germ with a grain of salt and Rememeber it is all ment in good fun and if you Would like something changed on a post of mine mesage me ill fix it

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.