Author Topic: Jumbos in Michigan  (Read 5014 times)

Offline PeRcHsLaYeR

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I LOVE PERCH!!!!
Jumbos in Michigan
« on: Jan 02, 2004, 03:50 PM »
What are some good lakes for Jumbos in Michigan?
you can call me PeRcHsLaYeR......

ccnjr

Re:Jumbos in Michigan
« Reply #1 on: Jan 04, 2004, 08:40 AM »
I only know the U.P. I would guess you are not from there. This is another forum that may help.
http://www.icefishingmichigan.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?forumid=38/

perchpile

« Reply #2 on: Jan 10, 2004, 03:10 PM »
-well i would say that st. clair is the best.  (i live close) anchor bay

area is good but lots of people stay 50 to 100 yards from masses

metro beach is good ( 17mile rd to 9mile rd ) same amount of people.

check the marinas in the park.

-flecher's pond if you can stay out of the more comon pike and bass.

Offline Germ

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Take what you want from what i post.
« Reply #3 on: Jan 14, 2004, 02:57 PM »
Can't be to many good lakes for perch in Michigan as i live on Simcoe here 1 hr north of TOronto and all i ever see on our lake is Michigan guys on our lakes..a long way from home if you guys have good lakes! lol
Please don't take offense to Germ's |Posts they are in no way shape or Form ...Ment to discredit or Discourage any other peoples post's..Please take Germ with a grain of salt and Rememeber it is all ment in good fun and if you Would like something changed on a post of mine mesage me ill fix it

aka Billy the Kid

« Reply #4 on: Jan 17, 2004, 09:55 AM »
Germ, we do have an EXCELLENT perch fishery here in MI, mostly the Great Lakes,, its just hard to get to 'em in the winter. Ya usually can't get far enough out. Ya really can't beat the perch fishing here,, in the late fall and early spring,, before and after the ice. I'll admit, Simcoe is the "PLACE" to be, in the winter,, but if theres open water in MI,, you won't see ANY of those MI guys over there.

Offline Germ

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Jan 17, 2004, 03:11 PM »
True enough Germ just is ignorant and forgot that the lakes proably arnt as nice for winter fishing sorry bout that. Hey it's not like we don't appreciate you guys coming over..by all means ..Most the economy around the area in the winter thrives on the micigan boys.SO come on over bring your friends and spend your money. (just don't litter this is Canada we like our lakes the way you found em)
Please don't take offense to Germ's |Posts they are in no way shape or Form ...Ment to discredit or Discourage any other peoples post's..Please take Germ with a grain of salt and Rememeber it is all ment in good fun and if you Would like something changed on a post of mine mesage me ill fix it

broken rod

« Reply #6 on: Jan 21, 2004, 09:08 PM »
germ your from canada that explain everything  >:(

Offline Germ

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Jan 22, 2004, 06:55 AM »
Ouch....Owww that hurt.  Well being Canadian i admitted that i was ignorant but if i was AMerican i would have just nuked ya lol rofl.

Offline Lobes

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Just Fishin'
Re: Jumbos in Michigan
« Reply #8 on: Feb 04, 2004, 07:39 PM »
I have had the best luck on the smaller lakes that have very little shallow areas to them. It's hard to find a lake in Michigan without at least some perch over 13". I have always thought that those smaller lakes are often overlooked and therefore under fished. Soak this one in because I won't repeat this one. I held this one under my hat for over 45 years.    ;)

Mecosta County / Lakeview, Michigan

Offline Germ

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Feb 05, 2004, 03:37 PM »
Well thats a long time for holding it under your hat....it could explain the male pattern baldness that is haunting you. LOL tight lines!

Offline Lobes

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Just Fishin'
« Reply #10 on: Feb 05, 2004, 04:37 PM »
Germ -
That is getting downright spooky! Where have you seen me before? I really hope that was not the cause. Of course it would definitely explain alot of things before that I couldn't seem to explain.
I have had a major crappy day at work today.
Somehow you picked the perfect time to shed some humor.
 ;D

Offline Germ

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Feb 07, 2004, 03:01 PM »
Well i do hope that was sincerity and not sarcastic..AS i did mean it in a joking way and did not plan to hurt your feelings......Much..lo l. Sorry to hear ya had a bad day at work....Just think about fishing when work gets ya down or plan for some Fish days i mean sick days from work in the future. Tight lines and Remember when life gets ya down...You always have fishing there to pick ya back up. Doesn't Bi tch at ya for leaving your socks under the bed or complain because your late for work..Its just your friend. Tight  Lines!

trapperdirk

« Reply #12 on: Feb 07, 2004, 08:37 PM »
 Germ is definately not a Canuck,,,,sorry I mean Canadian . Germ is a strange creature that kinda appeared out of nowhere . LOL
   We call them aliens here . LOL
 It's just that we have took pity on the Germ here in Ontario for now , because we want to see how well he swims with cement adidas .LOL
   Hmmmmm . I wonder if he would work for Great White Shark bait . LOL
   He sure resembles that elusive 20 inch perch . LOL .

Offline Germ

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Feb 08, 2004, 07:41 AM »
Cement Addidas eh ? Isnt that what you wear evertime someone says trapperi have some Work for you to do? Lol Draggin his sorry arse behind him like a turtle....ROFL. Anyhow did area 41 call you about me being a ALIEN ???Lies all Lies i tell ya..these damm Conspiracy theories! I know its not human the way i catch copious amounts of sih but dont be hating on me for it:> Tight lines all!

Offline Lobes

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Just Fishin'
« Reply #14 on: Feb 08, 2004, 07:17 PM »
Germ -
Sorry I didn't reply right away. I had the luxury of 2 1/2 days of fishing. I don't get that very often! Your comments were well taken as a matter of fact went with a hearty "out loud" laugh that I desperatly needed that day. Keep up the good humor!
Oh yeah!
Caught lots of fish this weekend. No keepers though but today caught a STEADY STREAM of 5" - 6" bluegills from about 9:00 AM - 2:30 PM on Big Wabasis lake in Kent county MI. Hard to leave when the bite is constant. When I got home the boys had gone to another lake and brought home 10 fish from 4" - 6" (gills & perch) they saw why I let those border liners grow after they got done filleting them. They will make a nice tasty snack though.

Offline Germ

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15 on: Feb 08, 2004, 09:23 PM »
Good to hear...sounds like you had the 2 and a half days that were well needed. I have the luxery of going every time i feel like it as the lake is only 2 min walk down the road. I love fishing for Pumpkin seeds and BLuegills..I flyfish for them though those pounders feel like 8 pounds on a flyrod...Iv'e only caught 1 sunfish thru the ice though ever...They don't seem to hit during the winter..or at least i don't know where or how to catch em yet..Anyhow nice to see your days got better...And dang if you can have a laugh because of Germ then all the better. Tight lines and take care!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.