Author Topic: Where's the ice?  (Read 2086 times)

Offline Sandbilly

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
Where's the ice?
« on: Oct 27, 2009, 07:37 AM »
I will be in Lehi December 4-5 for the Cabela's in-store ice show. Wondering if there is any close ice around at that time.

Thanks,

dc

Offline Fishrmn

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Prayin' for sub-zero temps.
Re: Where's the ice?
« Reply #1 on: Oct 28, 2009, 01:58 PM »
Should be some on Scofield by then, unless we have a warm spell.  Huntington and the smaller lakes in Fairview canyon will be frozen.  Hard to say about any other places that are close to Cabela's.

Fishrmn 
Fishrmn

"I tolerate with the utmost latitude the right of others to differ from me in opinion." Thomas Jefferson

Offline kamala

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Oct 28, 2009, 07:24 PM »
Hey Don,

It's Cameron from Colorado.  I fished with you on the refuge around Christmas last year. 

I hope that some locals from the Vernal area will pipe in here but Pelican Lake near Vernal might be fun if it has ice.  It has some great bluegill and big largemouth bass.  You are probably looking for something different than what you usually get around your part of the country and being out further west.

I am planning on being in Nebraska again this year and would like to spend more time at the refuge.  I want to chase some pheasants and hopefully redeem myself after the slow but fun day last year.  I ended up getting a shelter and a fish finder last year after I fished with you and that should help with the light perch bite I had a hard time detecting.

I hope you and your family are well.  Drop me a line, especially if you can make it to Colorado sometime here.

Offline Sandbilly

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #3 on: Oct 28, 2009, 11:51 PM »
Thanks for the replies. Need to do a little google search and find out what I'm up against. I have heard of Utah's Pelican Lake. If I remember correctly, the state record gill was caught there. Never met a Pelican Lake I didn't like.

Not species particular, just like ice fishing, especially on new water.

Hey Cameron, great to hear from ya. Thought maybe you had fallen off the planet. Did you ever receive the photos from last year?

I ended up getting a shelter and a fish finder last year after I fished with you and that should help with the light perch bite I had a hard time detecting

I apologize to your dog if he had to go hungry with all your ice fishing equipment purchases. ;D By all means let us know when you will be in the area. Same program as last year, the boys and I will be on ice somewhere over Christmas break. We would very much enjoy your company.

Thanks and take care,

dc

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.