The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: New to forum with ice reports...  (Read 1483 times)

Offline mike_skoges

• IceShanty Rookie
New to forum with ice reports...
« on: Dec 14, 2007, 05:09 PM »
Hey guys I posted on another forum with a lot of ice reports, and have quite a few more ice reports as well. I am going to go fishing tomorrow to Lake Mary Ronan and I will let you know how the fishing is. I am pretty sure that they definitely have enough ice as I just called up there and they said that there are people fishing on the lake. I am not sure how the fishing is however, but I have a feeling that the jumbo perch are going to be there. 10-13 inches and maybe some up to 15! Hope you guys have a great season and I will keep you updated.

Offline Walltrout

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: New to forum with ice reports...
« Reply #1 on: Dec 16, 2007, 12:40 AM »
Mike-

Good to see you on board. I found some of your ice reports on other boards and forwarded them here. (Giving you credit of course).  It will be great to get the info straight from you.  I'm sure you will like this site.

"Many go fishing all their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after." - Henry David Thoreau

"If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're doing something wrong."  John Giera

Offline Riverb8

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Dec 18, 2007, 09:43 AM »
Welcome to the ice-shanty.

Offline PerchFan

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Dec 18, 2007, 08:45 PM »
people with Ice reports are always welcome

Offline mike_skoges

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Dec 19, 2007, 09:38 AM »
Thanks for the welcome let me know if any of you need any reports I would be glad to find out if I can...

Offline Neptune

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • "The Kokanee Killers"
« Reply #5 on: Dec 19, 2007, 01:44 PM »
Mike,

Have you heard about Beaver lake yet?  This warm weather is messin' with the ice also....I wish it would just make up its mind and get frigin' cold already!!!

Good Fishing :tipup:

Offline mike_skoges

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Dec 19, 2007, 06:00 PM »
I can't give you the exact report as I haven't been up that far north yet... I would say that it has 3-4 inches on it right now, I imagine it is similar to Lake Mary Ronan some parts are fishable but you can't go to deep as it will get thin fast. If it has ice though I am sure the trout are biting right now pretty good... Sorry I couldn't give you an exact report!

Offline Neptune

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • "The Kokanee Killers"
« Reply #7 on: Dec 19, 2007, 08:01 PM »
Ya I heard from another guy today that it is completely frozen but still only 3" of ice or less....won't get me out on that!

Good Fishing :tipup:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.