The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Beaver, Murray, Lake 5  (Read 1273 times)

Offline wvmountaineer

• IceShanty Rookie
Beaver, Murray, Lake 5
« on: Dec 11, 2007, 08:47 PM »
Has anyone been to these lakes to check conditions. I was getting excited since we are back to those 20 degree days. I picked up an old Fish-Lo-K-Tor from EBay was anxious to try it out.

Offline Neptune

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • "The Kokanee Killers"
Re: Beaver, Murray, Lake 5
« Reply #1 on: Dec 12, 2007, 08:44 AM »
I haven't heard anything from Beaver.  That sucker is deep for a small lake, usually takes a little longer to ice up!

Where is Murray?

Lake 5 should be good, I was up around Lion on Saturday and it was Solid.

I think I'm going to take the kids up on Lake 5, Half Moon or Lion on Sunday....

Good Fishing!

Offline wvmountaineer

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Dec 12, 2007, 06:23 PM »
Thanks Neptune I thought you would be the first to reply. Good fishing and would like to see you out here some day. Hope the kids have fun. :thumbsup:

ps Murray is before Beaver, left at the main sign to lakes.

Offline wvmountaineer

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Dec 16, 2007, 07:42 AM »
12/15/07 I went out to Lion around 9:30am, there was one person fishing. Ice was about 5 inches. I saw no activity on flasher but only checked the two east points opposite the spillway. I left from there and went to Lake 5, it was a ghost town I saw maybe 2 sets of tracks in snow and no previous holes. Again the ice was around 5 inches. I tested ice about 80yds out  and the ice seemed consistant. I got some flashes at 15ft with 40ft bottom, I think i had some at 65ft but I don't know how to read close holds to the bottom yet. I went out mainly to check the ice conditions both are frozen and should be good fishing. I am going out Sunday to Murray and maybe Beaver. I was told Smith is frozen and maybe Roger but the person did not know the fishing conditions because of this years heat wave the killed a lot of the grays in Rogers.

Offline Neptune

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • "The Kokanee Killers"
« Reply #4 on: Dec 18, 2007, 11:47 AM »
I was out on Lake 5 on Sunday.  4-6" of good clear ice.  Caught some perch.  Didn't see any kokes.

Got one big perch.  About 12-13" and over a pound.  fish disappeared after about 11:30am.

Word on the ice is Smith is hot for pike right now.

Good Fishing! :tipup:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.