The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Hebgen Tournament Boundaries  (Read 718 times)

Offline Jdberr01

• IceShanty Rookie
Hebgen Tournament Boundaries
« on: Jan 04, 2020, 04:17 PM »
The map on the NAIFC website doesnt seem to be working.  For anyone that has fished in this tournament previously, could you explain the boundaries and where they allow you to access the ice. Wondering if Kirkwood is the only start/finish line or if there are others. Appreciate any info

Offline Gone_fishing

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Hebgen Tournament Boundaries
« Reply #1 on: Jan 04, 2020, 07:58 PM »
Cant remember exactly but I believe the Happy Hour Bar was the eastern boundary and then there was a buffer from the dam that was out of bounds. At the meeting there were ppl who'd been fishing very near the dam in weeks leading up to the tournament and were not happy when they found out they couldn't fish there for the tournament. I was on foot so I didnt have to worry about it lol

Offline Jdberr01

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 05, 2020, 04:45 PM »
Yea I'll be fishing it on foot as well. Thats why im hoping to figure out where they allow you to access the lake.

Offline IceAce

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 05, 2020, 10:20 PM »
I was thinking it was the cattle guard on the highway then straight across but I could be wrong

Offline Gone_fishing

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 06, 2020, 09:59 AM »
Everyone gets in a line and starts/finishes at Kirkwood Marina. If you're on foot you won't be able to walk far enough to get outside the boundaries.

Offline mt_ice

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Jan 07, 2020, 12:27 PM »
I get on foot wont be able make it to the boundry but if one has a machine I would like to know the boundries if possible?

Offline BackCountry Kyle

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • C'mon Sub-Zeros! Tēm Hîpē FySh <°]))}{
« Reply #6 on: Jan 07, 2020, 02:05 PM »
Historically mile marker 15 (west of the Happy Hour Bar), straight across, and then to the dam. Like it was stated before the directors can make that boundary just out from the dam and spillway, but its all solid down there this year so they may or may not... good luck!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.