Author Topic: Tica reels???  (Read 3201 times)

Offline Bronzeback5

• Team IceShanty Addict
Tica reels???
« on: Dec 29, 2008, 07:16 PM »
Which Tica reels do you all use. Looking for something for 24" light rods. LF500, SE500, SS500, SB500???????

Offline Hardwaterhunter

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Tica reels???
« Reply #1 on: Dec 29, 2008, 07:41 PM »
Which Tica reels do you all use. Looking for something for 24" light rods. LF500, SE500, SS500, SB500???????
I have an SS and 2 SB Ticas. I must say that you can`t go wrong with any Tica Cetus real IMHO. I would also say you can`t go wrong with the Abu Garcia Cardinal 100U reels, my sons have 4 or 5 of them. Both would be excellent choices on any Ice Rod.

Bob

Offline jimmygunns

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Add more bacon, son!
« Reply #2 on: Dec 29, 2008, 08:02 PM »
The LF is the low end Cetus & only has 2 or 3 bearings.  I have a couple GV500's.  They come with 1 aluminum spool, & have 4 bearings.  There is no difference other than color in the SE, SS, & SB.  All 3 of these Cetus models have 6 bearings, 1 aluminum spool, & 1 match plastic spool.  The plastic spools are nice because they don't hold the cold to make ice on the spool like the aluminum ones do.  I have 4 SB's & 1 SS.  I love every one of my Cetus reels, & would tell you to not waste your money on anything else.  One of the only products made in China I will spend money on!

Offline jimmygunns

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Add more bacon, son!
« Reply #3 on: Dec 30, 2008, 04:57 PM »
Correction:

The Cetus SE500 has an extra match aluminum, not plastic spool.  That is why it runs about 5 bones more.

Offline fishingrip

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Dec 30, 2008, 05:11 PM »
SS 500 EXCELLENTTTTTTT.     Kevin
If your going to go out with the boys,You better get up with the men.

Offline shawno

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Team Saskatchewan
« Reply #5 on: Dec 30, 2008, 08:24 PM »
I have two SS500's...by far the best ice fishing reel I have ever used...I can't believe how smooth they are with the 6BB's when fighting a fish...I would highly recommend this reel.

shawno  8)

Offline Bronzeback5

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Dec 31, 2008, 12:45 AM »
Going to go ahead and order 2 Tica GV500s. Found a place that will ship 2 new reels to my door for $58. Hope i like them.

Offline Bellybuster

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Dec 31, 2008, 03:19 AM »
for an opposite opine.....absolute crap...buy the brabd you know...even the cheapest garcia is better than the expensive garbage
There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot.
--Stephen Wright

Offline iluvcrappie

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • The real sports in life Bowhunting and Icefishing
« Reply #8 on: Dec 31, 2008, 03:54 AM »
for about the came amount of money you can get a pflueger reel.........IMO they are much nicer reels for the same amount of money...........my buddy uses the Tica reels and he loves them I on the other hand will stick with the pflueger reels I paid 30 for mine and he paid the same.............not sure how many ball bearings the Tica reels use but the pflueger comes with 5.............

Offline Jack Magnum

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #9 on: Dec 31, 2008, 05:27 AM »
for an opposite opine.....absolute crap...buy the brabd you know...even the cheapest garcia is better than the expensive garbage
I have tried many reels for ice fishing and bought a Tica last year,, What a difference !!!!!! Awesome drag and I also bought a new Okuma which has more bearings BUT isn't as smooth or durable. I used them both all summer and by far the Tica outshines all the others for 45-50 bucks

Offline SkeeterJeff

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • SPUD, SPUD, SPUD!!!!!
« Reply #10 on: Dec 31, 2008, 05:51 AM »
Going to go ahead and order 2 Tica GV500s. Found a place that will ship 2 new reels to my door for $58. Hope i like them.

Wanna share where that deal is?

Offline dkfry

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Dec 31, 2008, 07:57 AM »
I have many Tica reels LF500s, GV500s and SB500s all are the same size and the only difference is color and BB count. All the models are equally smooth with an equally good drag. Can;t go wrong with any model for the ice IMO.

Offline Bronzeback5

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #12 on: Dec 31, 2008, 01:16 PM »
http://northridge99.ecrater.com/]http://www.all-americanoutdoors.com/inc/sdetail/1782[/ur

[url]http://northridge99.ecrater.com/

I went through Northridge99 cus i e-mailed him and asked if he could do $58 for two cus i seen he was in Indiana somewheres and i wasnt paying $7 per reel for shipping. He has them on Ebay for $25 plus $7 for shipping. All -American Outdoors has them priced good but shipping is a little high.

Offline bigredonice

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • keep searchin' 'till ya find 'em.
« Reply #13 on: Dec 31, 2008, 01:23 PM »
ticas are THE best, now if only they were a little cheaper...

Offline crappiekid24

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Dec 31, 2008, 01:37 PM »
I really like Tica reels myself. I have the SB500 and it is awesome. I use them in the summer and then winter. Just change out the spools as I fill one with ice line and the other with line for open water.

Offline shawno

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Team Saskatchewan
« Reply #15 on: Dec 31, 2008, 04:13 PM »

Have you even tried them??  What an outrageous claim...I guess the other 8 or so people that posted including myself are all crazy then.... ::)

Even the cheapest Garcia he says.... :roflmao:  Sorry Bellybuster I'm not buyin' what your sellin'

Offline husb0023

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Punching Holes in Wisconsin Since 1986
« Reply #16 on: Dec 31, 2008, 05:37 PM »
I bought a Tica GV this winter and I am very impressed with it.  Does not react to the freezing temps at all.... my other reels were solid but the tica was running smooth.  Considering the GV is the low end I am very impressed by the brand.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.