Author Topic: Portable restoration/modification question  (Read 384 times)

Offline Brookieslayer20

• Team IceShanty Regular
Portable restoration/modification question
« on: Dec 22, 2014, 06:39 AM »
I was given an old semi portable flip up ice shack. It has a wooden base and skis, with curled round pipe on each end that is bolted in and collapses when being towed. It use to be wrapped in a tarp like material that had windows sewed into it and the door just velcrowed on the sides. Using just the frames I built a new base and now I need to figure out how I will cover it. Also how to incorporate windows and a better door system any advice and/or tips is greatly appreciated.

Very similar framing to suitcase style shelters except the base is all one wooden piece and the framing doesn't extend and retract.

Offline wirenut45

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Portable restoration/modification question
« Reply #1 on: Dec 22, 2014, 06:43 AM »
buddy,s used clear heavy plastic. whole house was window. worked great to cut wind ,n, with lantern, kept warm. wire

Offline Brookieslayer20

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Dec 22, 2014, 06:48 AM »
I thought about that as I live on a farm with around 18 greenhouses so the plastic would not be difficult to get by any means but my only concern would be it ripping a bit easier then tarp material.

Offline wirenut45

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Dec 22, 2014, 07:04 AM »
buddies only lasted 1 season, but lasted the Whole season, usually bit the dust during storage, but cheap, so no problem. also, newer plastics are waaay better ,n, what we had back then. wire

Offline Brookieslayer20

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Dec 26, 2014, 10:16 AM »
This is what it looks like now

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.