The ice fishing WY board is sponsored by:

Author Topic: LAK  (Read 921 times)

Offline 72Ranch

• IceShanty Rookie
LAK
« on: Dec 12, 2018, 07:28 AM »
Do any of you fish LAK?  I don’t seem to hear or read much about that body of water.

Offline TiggerTamer

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: LAK
« Reply #1 on: Dec 12, 2018, 12:19 PM »
I use to fish LAK quite a bit until they let the tiger muskies die out. They have started stocking it again but due to the large number of walleyes, and smallmouth bass they are having trouble getting them started again. The lake had (and assume still does) have a decent population of eater sized walleyes and lots of small with a few big smallmouths. After the tigers died out the green sunfish population boomed to levels similar to pre tiger muskie levels, most are small, I don't know if this is still the case. There are very rare largemouth bass, and the lake probably still has some trout, mostly rainbows with a few browns mixed in. Hope this helps.

Offline 72Ranch

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Dec 12, 2018, 03:11 PM »
Thank you very much. I have never fished it and would really like to give it a try.  Again thank you.

Offline legend

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Dec 13, 2018, 01:32 PM »
die out ? there are still good tigers in there !
I am haunted by waters...

Offline TiggerTamer

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Dec 13, 2018, 08:40 PM »
The last several times I fished LAK I didn't see a tiger and I fished 90% of the lake. When the tigers were doing well I could always spot tigers, getting them to bite was another thing. Game and Fish sampled it several times without getting any tigers of any size class, so the must be pretty rare. Also the green sunfish were thick like they were before the tigers, so there can't be too many left. Also tigers weren't stocked for 8 to 10 years due to VHS disease in the states Wyoming got their tigers from. Also most tigers die before they reach 10 years old. You do the math. I believe they quit stocking in 2002 and didn't resume until 2012 or 2013. Also I was pretty successful the limited amount I fished the reservoir, so it is not like I don't know how to catch tigers.

Offline legend

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Dec 14, 2018, 10:51 AM »
i agree, but some are still there, i have had some follow but not strike.
I am haunted by waters...

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.