The ice fishing WY board is sponsored by:

Author Topic: Tip Up Fishing for Lakers  (Read 1036 times)

Offline 218Icefisherman

• IceShanty Rookie
Tip Up Fishing for Lakers
« on: Jan 03, 2017, 06:47 PM »
I've been doing pretty well down on the gorge with the macs as far as jigging goes, but I was wondering if anyone does well with tip ups. I know they're a visual feeder and the jigging action is key, but I was wondering if anyone used tip-ups for em. Thanks!

Offline Lets fish

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Tip Up Fishing for Lakers
« Reply #1 on: Jan 04, 2017, 06:56 AM »
Yes tip ups work. Lakers love dead bait. I don't use a tip up but a dead stick, just sit back and wait. Good luck

Offline 6x6

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 04, 2017, 08:03 AM »
For the pups at the Gorge, absolutely use them.  If I'm chasing the big boys, no way.  It's a whole different ball game with them. 

Offline SDFlagChaser

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Jan 04, 2017, 10:46 AM »
I'll use dead smelt or a live minnow and set it on the bottom.  using a camera one day, I noticed the Lakers wouldn't hit when I was jigging, but as soon as I let it hit the bottom, they'd nose dive in the mud for it. after that, I started putting my tip ups sitting on the bottom.

Offline El_Stu

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 05, 2017, 06:52 PM »
For the pups at the Gorge, absolutely use them.  If I'm chasing the big boys, no way.  It's a whole different ball game with them.

I heard some pretty gnarly stories back in Michigan about guys getting cut down to the bone by tip up line by lakers...def something to keep in mind

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.