The ice fishing WY board is sponsored by:

Author Topic: How is the fishing around Cheyenne?  (Read 416 times)

Offline SDFlagChaser

• Team IceShanty Maniac
How is the fishing around Cheyenne?
« on: Nov 29, 2012, 07:53 PM »
My wife just accepted a job in Cheyenne this morning.  She will be moving there before me, until I can find a job down there, so I am not sure how much ice fishing I will get in, but hopefully some.  I am from Spearfish, SD, and mainly fish for perch, crappies, and eyes.  How is the ice fishing down around Cheyenne?  Any perch to be found, or just trout?  Also a die hard fly-fisher, so how's the fly fishing down there?  Any job leads would be great too.

Offline PerchMaster24/7

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: How is the fishing around Cheyenne?
« Reply #1 on: Nov 29, 2012, 08:36 PM »
FlagChaser, yes there are perch around cheyenne. I grew up in the black hills too and moved down here just a few years ago. The lake in the middle of town holds good numbers but not a whole lot for size. Crystal and granite res about 30 miles to the west have done pretty good on perch the last few years. Numbers have really increased. There are also nice trout in there, including some lakers. N. Crow res holds huge splake and a bunch of grayling.  Glendo has some slab perch, which are difficult to find. It is 100 miles to the north. Also tremendous walleye fishing. I have not tried any of the waters in N. colorado but i am sure there are some down there too. I have heard reports of huge northerns coming out of the lakes in/around fort collins but have not tried yet. Its not even a thirty minute drive. Hope this helps!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.