The ice fishing VT boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: BAIT RULES- YUK!  (Read 1305 times)

Offline ICE_HOOK

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Fish now or never !!!!!!!
BAIT RULES- YUK!
« on: Jan 12, 2008, 01:22 PM »
 I really hope the game wardens give a little on this new rule. Their are way too many ice fisherman not aware of this new rule and it could destroy their interest in fishing. We are going to have to accept that there is a problem with this disease and help minimize it by following these guidelines set before us. Only hope that the bait shops stay in business to provide us what they can , without them we will really be up a creek!

Offline fishingrip

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: BAIT RULES- YUK!
« Reply #1 on: Jan 12, 2008, 08:36 PM »
Just make sure you keep your bait receipt so you can prove the bait is certified it's cheaper than the fine and hassle. In New Yorkbait is only considered certified for one after purchase.
If your going to go out with the boys,You better get up with the men.

Offline 4cator

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Will ya look at that pig!!
« Reply #2 on: Jan 13, 2008, 05:04 AM »
It seems like the bait issue is getting tougher to follow in every state, we have tons of hassle here.
All tyranny needs to succeed, is for men of good conscience to remain silent.    Thomas Jefferson.

Offline fishingrip

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 13, 2008, 08:46 AM »
You need to read the compendium of rules and regs for 2008 ,don't just assume the bait store owner is correct.Remember in the long run it's our responsibility as sportsmen to know the ever changing laws and the game wardens job to make sure we've done our homework. I missed a word in my last post ,in NY bait remains certified for one week/7 days after purchase as long as you retain the bait receipt .This allows us to fish and transport bait from lake to lake within the boundries of the law and not have to destroy bait and hard earned money after just one outing.I also fish southern Vermont 'mostly Lake Sadawga when the family is up to Mt Snow.I'll be up the weekend of Feb 3rd for some perch and pickerel. Please let me know if anyone is catching anything over that way and if anyone knows where Ican find some crappie in the area,maybe Lake Ropanda?
If your going to go out with the boys,You better get up with the men.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.