The ice fishing VT boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Baitfish Meetings  (Read 2064 times)

Offline Little Brown Dog

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • My fishing partner
Baitfish Meetings
« on: Jan 09, 2008, 11:25 AM »
The Dates and Locations have been set.

Public hearings will begin at 6:00 p.m. for each of the following dates and locations:

January 29, 2008
St. Albans Town Education Center
169 South Main St., St Albans

January 30, 2008
Springfield High School
303 South St., Springfield

February 4, 2008
Montpelier High School
5 High School Dr., Montpelier

February 5, 2008
Rutland High School
22 Stratton Rd., Rutland

February 6, 2008
Lake Region Union High School
317 Lake Region Rd., Orleans

http://www.vtfishandwildlife.com/Detail.cfm?Agency__ID=1263

"My biggest worry is that when I die, my wife will sell all of my ice fishing gear for what I told her I paid for it"

Offline fishandbeer

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Baitfish Meetings
« Reply #1 on: Jan 09, 2008, 12:18 PM »
They will probably listen to our input about as well as they did when the antler restrictions for deer hunting were discussed. They know what they are going to do and just save face by holding these hearings. I do believe people should speak up, just don't expect anything to become of it. Laroche has his hearing aide turned down real low. That way the only voice he hears is his own telling him what a great service he has been to this state. Did anybody catch his act on the tv first weekend of deer season. He was beating his chest saying no one is asking for him to be fired any more. He must not read his e-mails as friends of mine have sent him some stating the same.

Offline Vt Piker

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 09, 2008, 06:14 PM »
LBD,
   Thank you for the info. I'll be in St. Albans on the 29th. That gives me 19 days to study. Ample time to put an argument or two together.
<br />img

Offline Little Brown Dog

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • My fishing partner
« Reply #3 on: Jan 10, 2008, 06:10 AM »
LBD,
   Thank you for the info. I'll be in St. Albans on the 29th. That give me 19 days to study. Ample time to put an argument or two together.

I'm sure that you will be able to cross off a few of the arguments during the presentation of the proprosed final rule.  Some changes are already being made to address comments the Dept. has recieved already.

I encourage everyone to attend if they can make one of the meetings.

"My biggest worry is that when I die, my wife will sell all of my ice fishing gear for what I told her I paid for it"

Offline gofish33

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Gone fishin
« Reply #4 on: Jan 10, 2008, 05:18 PM »
I'll be there, with questions.

gofish33

Offline 4cator

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Will ya look at that pig!!
« Reply #5 on: Jan 12, 2008, 02:34 AM »
They will probably listen to our input about as well as they did when the antler restrictions for deer hunting were discussed. They know what they are going to do and just save face by holding these hearings. I do believe people should speak up, just don't expect anything to become of it. Laroche has his hearing aide turned down real low. That way the only voice he hears is his own telling him what a great service he has been to this state. Did anybody catch his act on the tv first weekend of deer season. He was beating his chest saying no one is asking for him to be fired any more. He must not read his e-mails as friends of mine have sent him some stating the same.

They do the same crap in wyoming.  They have meetings for our input. But they have already made the decision.  >:(
All tyranny needs to succeed, is for men of good conscience to remain silent.    Thomas Jefferson.

Offline Bailbuster

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Jan 12, 2008, 10:09 PM »
According to the F&W page the board votes on the rules  on Jan.16,  thats next week .Well before the meetings.Go figure.BB

Catching big fish is like winning the door prize!
Have to be there to win!!!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.