Author Topic: Who’s installed a rooftop TV antenna on fish house?  (Read 828 times)

Offline rickwalley

• IceShanty Rookie
I have an all aluminum skid house, although I think all of you all aluminum wheel house owners would have same setup.  I was planning to use the King Jack antenna to do only free over the air channels.  The wiring instructions say to connect to a ground, not the negative battery terminal.  My skidhouse isn’t really “grounded” or have a “chassis” ground like a vehicle would, or an RV would.  How are any of you that have these 100% aluminum setups grounding stuff that needs it, like this antenna.  BTW…I did send a note to King but they basically gave me a blow off answer that I’ll need to talk to people that know more how to use their product on RV or camper setups.

Offline chilly-willy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Who’s installed a rooftop TV antenna on fish house?
« Reply #1 on: Jul 24, 2018, 07:14 PM »
Is the king jack a 120 volt or 12 volt  set up??  Or are they talking lightining strike grounded???

Offline rickwalley

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jul 24, 2018, 07:48 PM »
12 volt

Offline chilly-willy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Jul 24, 2018, 08:44 PM »
If you don't got a chassis ground you got to run it back to the battery or ground distribution block for the battery a wire of proper size.. usally if over 15 foot you go one size up in DC 12 volt wiring so if asking for 16 gauge and it's 20 foot you use 14 or 12 gauge for the ground wire and so on.. also should have a battery fuse on the main power wire of proper size ..  but in the wire 8 inches from the battery... same goes for all automotive applications.. hope this info helps??

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.