Author Topic: Hit up the bargain caves while you can  (Read 2058 times)

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Wishin I was Fishin><{}:>
Hit up the bargain caves while you can
« on: Jul 17, 2018, 08:39 AM »
Went to the farmington cabelas sunday to check out the bargain cave and to my surprise the place was very empty. After talking with the guy at the counter he informed me that BPS is shutting down 60 of the 80 bargain caves. This just sucks as that was one of my main reasons to stop in there mostly. So you might want to get what you can at the lehi or farmington store while you can. Thank goodness I stole that clam x200 for $480 a couple months ago. I was watching it in there for over 4 months. Get it while you can. One other thing the guy in there told me was for any hope to keep some or all of them open was to send an email to BPS asking them to keep them open and maybe a little about why. I sent one monday, as that is my main reason for stopping in there and even if I don't find anything in there I do in the fishing section occasionally. Which they will be losing my business on those trips now  >:(
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Hit up the bargain caves while you can
« Reply #1 on: Jul 17, 2018, 02:31 PM »
 I agree, that is the only reason I set foot in Cabela’s for the most part. Kudos to you for saying something to them, I will try and do the same. Hate to lose out on those good deals!

Offline Geezer_

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • friends with the same mental disorder....priceless
« Reply #2 on: Jul 18, 2018, 10:52 PM »
Hi guys! Bad news on the Bargain Cave ,sometimes getting hit by a lot of letters will change a company’s mind. Can’t count the times I’ve gone in to check it out and ended up spending in other departments. No bargain cave will mean Sportsman’s will be a lot closer for me. Hope you are having a great summer!

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Aug 06, 2018, 05:44 PM »
Lehi has some pretty good deals right now. They had a hummingbird 35 for about a buck and a half. $150. Also had a Marcum for about the same. It was the number three, I forget all the letters that go with it. I picked up some hooks to make jigswith for the Burbot bash. If guys are looking for some Bass  plastics, they are giving them away pretty cheap. Around $1.50 a bag that were six or seven dollars.  I agree with you guys that they are making a mistake getting rid of the bargain Cave. Many times that is my only reason for even sending foot through their snobbish doors.

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #4 on: Aug 07, 2018, 09:45 AM »
Well I may just have to hit that one up as I may be going down to pleasent grove to look at an enclosed trailer for the new toy the wife is on board for  ;)2
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Aug 07, 2018, 03:23 PM »
Well I may just have to hit that one up as I may be going down to pleasent grove to look at an enclosed trailer for the new toy the wife is on board for  ;)2
side by side?

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #6 on: Aug 07, 2018, 05:56 PM »
Ya buddy  :thumbsup: :woot: :woot: and the trailer will also work for the ice season
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Aug 16, 2018, 02:07 PM »
That will be nice buddy! I went to the billings Montana store yesterday and found no bargain Cave anymore. Now I don’t know if I will ever set foot in their building unless I am looking for something in particular. The bargain Cave was the only reason I went out of my way to go there. Bummer deal!

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #8 on: Aug 16, 2018, 02:22 PM »
Thats crappy, it will be the same here for me  :-\ although its nice to walk thru the ice gear when they 1st put it out so I'll still probably be doing that
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline Boomer.

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Aug 16, 2018, 02:37 PM »
Cabelas should've never sold out.  They're dropping the ball lately!  They're losing my business.  I go to Scheels and Fleet Farm instead.
Fishing in the Slabbin’ cabin!

Offline dubob

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Life is good!
« Reply #10 on: Sep 19, 2018, 08:47 AM »
I thought it was about time to take a fast peek at the IS site to see what’s happening.  With duck season just around the corner, my heart really isn’t in ice fishing mode just yet, but just wanted to take a look and say ‘Hey, I’m still above ground y’all.’

The BPS acquisition of Cabela’s was a real blow to Cabela’s IMHO and after their withdrawing their military discount on on-line orders, I canceled my Club Black Signature Card (of 23 years) and refuse to shop there anymore unless I just can’t find what I need anyplace else locally.  I wasn’t a big Bargain Cave shopper to begin with, but see where others would feel the loss.

I am a frequent shopper at SW, S&E, and Angler’s Den and use the heck out of Amazon Prime and eBay.  Scheels is also worth a look when down that way.  Lots of places to find that next ice gizmo or perch killer fly.

Hope to see some of you on the ice this coming season.  And just so you know, I talked to the Echo/Rockport State Park Manager yesterday and he plans to keep the Echo gate open and the lot plowed this winter so quad/sled access will be available there.   ;D
:thumbsup:
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I’m 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
“Free men don't ask permission to bear arms.” ― Glen Aldrich
“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don’t mind.” ― Dr. Seuss

Offline esox_xtm

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • It's Showtime!
« Reply #11 on: Sep 19, 2018, 09:17 AM »
I wonder what BPS thinks they're gonna do with all the stuff that folks return. That's the biggest share of what shows up in the caves along with some discoed stuff. I'll bet they start limiting Cabelas "no questions" easy return policy to thin the influx.
To fish or not to fish? That's a stupid question!

“Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.”― Lewis Carroll

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #12 on: Sep 19, 2018, 09:19 AM »
There will still be bargain cages in 3 of the stores but I don't know which ones  ??? I'm guessing there will be alot of stuff in those caves. Good to hear from you Bob and thanks for the info on echo. Im sure I'll make a trip or 2 up there this winter
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.