Author Topic: Chambers Lake  (Read 3577 times)

Offline tristen

• IceShanty Rookie
Chambers Lake
« on: Dec 17, 2017, 08:31 AM »
Hey Fellers!  So been wanting to fish this lake for some time just never had the means for access.  Well bought a snowmobile this season primarily for this lake.  I know ive seen some fellow ice junkies on these forums that have fished chambers.  I'm a little nervous going by myself considering its my first snowmobile and also my first trip in there.  Would really like some company once she freezes over just in case i get in a bind.  If any one is headed in there this season and wants some company let me know!  Thanks Guys

Offline snowscum

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Chambers Lake
« Reply #1 on: Dec 17, 2017, 10:00 AM »
Ill go with you sometime. Not sure when its going to be safe for the snowmobile. Im in broomfield so its a bit of a drive.

Offline tristen

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Dec 17, 2017, 11:06 AM »
Awesome!  I was up through the canyon a couple days ago, a lot of snow up that way.  Be curious to see of any ice report, or if there is any at all.

Offline Sawtooth

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Dec 17, 2017, 03:34 PM »
There should be plenty of ice at that altitude. We were at Lake John yesterday, much lower, and had a solid 8" of ice. 
There is no such thing as bad weather - only bad clothing.

Offline SLAYERFISH

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #4 on: Dec 17, 2017, 04:51 PM »
There's a report on Fishexploiter of someone icing Chambers.
Love Me or Hate Me-
All Metal all the Time!

Offline SLAYERFISH

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #5 on: Dec 17, 2017, 04:52 PM »
There should be plenty of ice at that altitude. We were at Lake John yesterday, much lower, and had a solid 8" of ice.

Apples to Oranges.  Chambers is WAAAAAY deeper than John.  big diff-
Love Me or Hate Me-
All Metal all the Time!

Offline tristen

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Dec 17, 2017, 10:51 PM »

Love lake John.  Was there Friday and we couldn’t stop catching fish if we wanted too.  A lot of stockers.  Talked to the new owners and they are doing a fabulous job up there. Really nice people. Hope the tourney doesn’t get canceled again this year.

Offline randingo

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Dec 18, 2017, 06:00 PM »
The lake has been updated on the reports side.  Also snow machine tracks on the ice.   Private property sign on the gate off larime river road.  Not much snow on campground road. 

Offline tristen

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Dec 18, 2017, 08:37 PM »
The lake has been updated on the reports side.  Also snow machine tracks on the ice.   Private property sign on the gate off larime river road.  Not much snow on campground road.
Where do you access the lake off of Laramie river road via snow machine?  Do you have to go all the way to the far end of the lake for access?  Thanks guys!

Offline Husker421

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Dec 19, 2017, 08:03 AM »
I'd be interested in heading up to Chambers. I'm free on Sunday and possibly Monday.

Offline tristen

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Dec 20, 2017, 10:47 PM »
I'd be interested in heading up to Chambers. I'm free on Sunday and possibly Monday.
Unfortunately i'm at work through the holidays but will be off for most of January.  I will be free next Thurs and Friday if anyone is interested.

Offline randingo

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Dec 21, 2017, 11:51 AM »
The snow machine tracks were on the campground road down to the inlet.

Offline snowscum

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Dec 22, 2017, 12:46 PM »
Tristen: 3 of us are going Friday(29th) if you are up there. We are going to bring up a 4wheeler and go in at the Hohnholz lakes road is what I heard is the plan. Not sure what time you were planning on going. Let me know if you are going.

Offline randingo

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #13 on: Dec 22, 2017, 01:44 PM »
Tristen: 3 of us are going Friday(29th) if you are up there. We are going to bring up a 4wheeler and go in at the Hohnholz lakes road is what I heard is the plan. Not sure what time you were planning on going. Let me know if you are going.
I think there is a sign on Laramie river road/ honholz/ cr103 that states no OHV.    So no side by side or 4 wheelers.  Which I don't understand if the county allows snowmachines on it

Offline SLAYERFISH

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #14 on: Dec 22, 2017, 07:26 PM »
I think there is a sign on Laramie river road/ honholz/ cr103 that states no OHV.    So no side by side or 4 wheelers.  Which I don't understand if the county allows snowmachines on it

Same as Jefferson. Sleds but no ATVs.
Love Me or Hate Me-
All Metal all the Time!

Offline tristen

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #15 on: Dec 22, 2017, 09:32 PM »
Thanks for the invite bud!  If you guys get a hold of a snowmobile and are still going Friday i'd love to tag along.  I have a 2 up sled so can throw someone on the back if they need a lift. 

Offline snowscum

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #16 on: Dec 23, 2017, 02:38 PM »
So the camp ground road you can't use a ATV either? If thats the case it looks like we're walking in dang it. I have access to a snowmobile but I don't have a trailer and I'm not going to throw that in a back of a my truck. I did that in the 80's no thanks lol.

Offline snowscum

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #17 on: Dec 28, 2017, 07:24 PM »
Tristen: We changed it up and going to the mile instead. Heard the snow is deep to be walking without snow shoes up at chambers. If your bored and want togo fishing in the _ind join us. Look for a puter tahoe. Not sure which side of the lake we will try but leaning towards the north side.

Offline tristen

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #18 on: Dec 28, 2017, 11:26 PM »
Might take you up on that offer snowscum.  Always wanted to try the mile.  I’ll be in a blue dodge.  Hope to see you and thanks for the invite.  If I don’t see ya, good luck and rip some lips!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.