Ice Fishing Iowa board sponsored by

Author Topic: ice tent  (Read 1495 times)

Offline tyke

• IceShanty Rookie
ice tent
« on: Dec 09, 2017, 12:33 PM »
I did a search on a clam big foot XL2000 to see how you guys like them but all I found was guys that had just bought them and that was about about a year ago. That being said now you have had time to use them anyone have pros and cons. I have to do something because some a-hole broke into my rented storage shed and stole all of my gear tent, poles, auger. Also stole a 3hp outboard, double bull blind and alot of duck decoys. Scum bag M(&*#$^#&@$%S)   Thanks for your help.
jdj

Offline tbern

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: ice tent
« Reply #1 on: Dec 09, 2017, 03:03 PM »
That really sucks for all your gear!! Hope you had insurance.

Offline Unclegillhunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice So Nice
« Reply #2 on: Dec 10, 2017, 04:53 AM »
No help on your question. Feel for your loss. It took me several years to recoupe from the same thing.
Keep it safe! JDL

Offline tyke

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Dec 11, 2017, 02:17 PM »
Well I guess guys haven't had a chance to use them enough for a report. It sure make a guy mad when someone is to lazy to work to buy their own stuff .  It will be a while before I can replace it and won't try to replace it all. Thanks for the replies.
jdj

Offline reelrusty

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Dec 11, 2017, 02:24 PM »
GRRRRR.....  Makes a fella really hope karma is a real thing! Maybe I should set my stuff out in the yard and "tag" it with some bright orange paint! Might prevent sale or use locally!

Offline drakevh

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Dec 12, 2017, 10:45 PM »
That was my first shack. I just bought the Jason Mitchel clam Nanook. I really like the Bigfoot XL. It suits my needs real well and I’ll continue to use it.

Here are my pros: very spacious, low cost, simple enough to move around.

Cons: bear to set up by yourself, hard to hole hop, can be awkward on a sled to pull, not thermal.

All in all I’d recommend this sled to someone who enjoys a spot for fishing, has a group 2+ to go with, and is looking to save a few bucks.

Have I set this up myself, yes many a time, do I move it a few times when out for a day, you bet, it doesn’t hold heat like your home, but I haven’t frozen yet, and I lay the bag on top of my sled and pull. I can work around some cons.

Sorry to hear about the stuff. Keep your stick on the ice! 

Offline cyfan964

• IceShanty Rookie
  • "Beer is proof that God loves us..."
« Reply #6 on: Dec 13, 2017, 10:15 AM »
We just used our new insulated Eskimo 3i tent for the first time yesterday and absolutely love it.  Lightweight, easy to carry, and took less than 5 minutes to completely set up.

Offline tyke

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Dec 14, 2017, 11:53 AM »
Thanks for the input. I just ordered a Clam big foot xl 2000 from Reeds $237.00 and free shipping. I have ordered things from them before and always received good service. Can't wait to get it. Thanks to everyone again.
jdj

Offline drakevh

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Dec 14, 2017, 05:59 PM »
For that price I can’t believe you can go wrong! Enjoy!

Offline tyke

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Dec 17, 2017, 01:20 PM »
Got my Clam big foot xl 2000 yesterday ordered Thursday and got it Friday (good job Reeds). Couldn't wait to set it up so took it to the back yard, easier to set up than my (long gone)  Double Bull blind that was stolen and a lot of room . Think I'm going to like it.
jdj

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.